2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

No Cup for you guys this year. You arent even gonna get past the Ducks and besides, Lord Stanley's Cup will be staying in Detroit where it belongs.

After the spanking the Wings gave my Jackets I'm pulling for the Wings. Atleast then I can feel good about losing to the Champs. The Wings made my Jackets look like High School kids playing pros. I never realized they were THAT good.

After the spanking the Wings gave my Jackets I'm pulling for the Wings. Atleast then I can feel good about losing to the Champs. The Wings made my Jackets look like High School kids playing pros. I never realized they were THAT good.
A lot of the hockey analysts/commentators are saying that Wings are a favorite to win the Stanley Cup again this year.

A lot of the hockey analysts/commentators are saying that Wings are a favorite to win the Stanley Cup again this year.

For this to happen Ozzy will need to continue to play as well as he did in the first three games and not as he did in the fourth. Sure looked like he was hurt as he was having a tough time getting up after a save. The Ducks are playing very well and will prove to be a bigger problem then the B Jac's. Repeating is very tough and if we like to admit or or not some luck does come into play.

For this to happen Ozzy will need to continue to play as well as he did in the first three games and not as he did in the fourth. Sure looked like he was hurt as he was having a tough time getting up after a save. The Ducks are playing very well and will prove to be a bigger problem then the B Jac's. Repeating is very tough and if we like to admit or or not some luck does come into play.

The color guys were saying later in the 4th game that he tweaked his upper leg in the first period. They asked about it after the second period I believe and the Red Wings said it was an injury that he's been playing with the last couple months. I hope he's good to go and not playing injured.

that seems to happen almost every season! As long as the Devils don't win the Cup I don't care who gets it this year.

Dammit! I don't know what happened to my boys?!
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

They hit a Duck with a buzz saw beak, let's see what the Wings do with them. Several of the Sharks didn't show which is going to be a concern during the off season. So it will be up to the Front Office to decide if it was the Ducks playing over their heads or the Sharks not playing well. From what I saw if I wore a SJ sweater I'd be putting my house on the market knowing that some of us had played their last game as a Shark.

The color guys were saying later in the 4th game that he tweaked his upper leg in the first period. They asked about it after the second period I believe and the Red Wings said it was an injury that he's been playing with the last couple months. I hope he's good to go and not playing injured.

I've been watching them all season and several times sat behind the pipes at JLA. There were a few times that I saw a little problem but not anything like what I saw in game 4. Ozzy is such a great guy I sure hope it's going to be fine. He has never gotten the cudos that he should have he might not be Sawchuck, Plante, Dryden or Broduer but he can be mentioned with anyone else.

Am I the only one who thinks that it is hilarious that a multimillion dollar NHL team was named after a Disney movie?

Am I the only one who thinks that it is hilarious that a multimillion dollar NHL team was named after a Disney movie?

At least they're called the Mickey's or Goofy's. What and a Duck doesn't strike fear into your heart? You know you can get quaked to death. Yeah never have been able to stop thinking it's all a big joke. I know a couple of kids that were in the movie. One ended up coaching my son in Jr's after he'd hung up the dream, he only admitted it after a couple of cold ones one night in St Louis. For the rest of the season when I'd see him I'd make quaking sounds.

They hit a Duck with a buzz saw beak, let's see what the Wings do with them. Several of the Sharks didn't show which is going to be a concern during the off season. So it will be up to the Front Office to decide if it was the Ducks playing over their heads or the Sharks not playing well. From what I saw if I wore a SJ sweater I'd be putting my house on the market knowing that some of us had played their last game as a Shark.

I have no clue why we played so bad, I think it was inconsistency more then anything else.

Ummm...they sucked, thats what happened. :D

You be quite, I'm mad enough :angry:

Spoiler
I know you were joking. So am I, I'm just disappointed in my boys.

I love the Tim Thomas story, a guy who just never gave up! He may not look pretty but the puck doesn't go in and when you cut in all apart that is the deal. I could see the Bruins and Wings in the finals for my money this would be one heck of a series but they have to get by some pretty good talent to get there.

You be quite, I'm mad enough :angry:

Spoiler
I know you were joking. So am I, I'm just disappointed in my boys.
After all the trash talk, you know I gotta give you a hard time. :D At least you know its all in fun.

After all the trash talk, you know I gotta give you a hard time. :D At least you know its all in fun.

Yeah but the trash talk was when both teams were in, your kicking me while I'm down :sad:

Spoiler
Again, fun and games.

Let me first start out by saying that I'm not a big Wings fan regardless of the fact I live in Michigan. I'm a Leafs fan and have been since I was small watching HNIC with my Mom who was from London, Ont. Now to my point watching todays game it's very obvious that the league is hell bent on leveling out the rink by letting the Ducks get away with clutch and grabbing, etc without being rewarded with a penalty. The lack of suspension on Brown's hit is almost a joke. Maybe the league needs a lesson on where a persons elbow is. Most ex players I know thought it was not much different then Brashear's hit that got him 6 games out.

Im not a wings fan AT ALL...but that should have been a tying goal last night with a minute left in the 3rd. The ducks stole one.

Im not a wings fan AT ALL...but that should have been a tying goal last night with a minute left in the 3rd. The ducks stole one.

That's hockey just one of those things. The next game will show what the Wings are made of. Who would have thought that the Ducks & Canes just might take out the top two teams. Ya got to love playoff hockey, no place for the nervous. On another topic did anyone one see the huge buttend (hitting someone with the top end of the stick slid out of the glove) that Malkin threw last night. Should have been a 5 major and maybe even a gamer. Few things bother me in hockey, one being a slew foot and the other a buttend total gutless plays. Played a brief period for Ted Lindsey and even though he was one of the meanest SOB's on the ice he would not except either of these from one of his players. Normally it would get the player a few missed shifts. Malkin's a good size boy no reason for it, if he had an issue with Morrison then he should have handled it different.

Stupid pens, I hate em. Lets go caps.

BTW If anyone follows the AHL: My Manitoba Moose just swept the GR Griffins in 4 games.

Stupid pens, I hate em. Lets go caps.

BTW If anyone follows the AHL: My Manitoba Moose just swept the GR Griffins in 4 games.

I had heard that Cory Sch.... or whatever the Moose goaltender has been playing freakin outstanding. Haven't seen a game but a buddy saw a game in GR and said the guy was a wall.

th_501-hockey-fight-fall.gif

Back