2010 Mizuno Iron Unboxing

MSRP is $1000, but they are going for about $800 in stores. I still see that as high when the MX-200s are still less.
I agree, its a lot of money. Thats still not as crazy as Ping Raptures that are about $1200 though...

As for them coming out with new stuff, blaming other companies is comical. Off the top of my head, I do not think any company has come out with more irons in the last 3 years than Mizuno. In fact I am not sure there is even a company that is close.
Since when is it a bad thing when a company is aggressive in constantly improving their product lineup? :confused2:
It does suck if you are someone who constantly has to have the latest irons from your favorite manufacturer though.

I agree, its a lot of money. Thats still not as crazy as Ping Raptures that are about $1200 though...

Since when is it a bad thing when a company is aggressive in constantly improving their product lineup? :confused2:
It does suck if you are someone who constantly has to have the latest irons from your favorite manufacturer though.

People constantly bash some companies for constantly releasing new products. I think that some feel as though the technology is there, why not release at the same time so that a person can pick and choose which is right rather than trickle down the pipeline.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for.

People constantly bash some companies for constantly releasing new products. I think that some feel as though the technology is there, why not release at the same time so that a person can pick and choose which is right rather than trickle down the pipeline.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for.
Its not as if Mizuno released the MX-200s and then a couple months later released the MX-1000 and MX-300.
Its not quite the same as when TM released the R9 and then a couple months later released the R9 460cc.
I do agree with you that its annoying when companies dont release all their new stuff for a given year all at once.
I see what you are saying, but at the same time this is the time of year when golf companies commonly come out with their new model lineup.
I can see your point of view, JB, but I dont see it as being the same as the BS than TM pulled with the R9.

I see it as one and the same and really have no issue with it. Mizuno is set to release 2-4 sets of irons twice a year. Taylormade released two drivers about 4 months apart.

Mizuno will release more irons than any other company over a calendar year it seems. By a lot I might add. Taylormade will release more drivers than anybody else. Not by much over others according to 3 year count. It is what it is.

Nope, but MIZUNO coming out with 2 or 3 different sets of irons every year is starting to remind me of TaylorMade and their driver releases.

I hate to bump old threads, but I was extremely confused to read a statement like this, and was curious about a little clarification myself.

How is Mizuno coming out with 2 or 3 different sets of irons a year excessive? How many major companies release fewer than 2 sets in a year?

I hate to bump old threads, but I was extremely confused to read a statement like this, and was curious about a little clarification myself.

How is Mizuno coming out with 2 or 3 different sets of irons a year excessive? How many major companies release fewer than 2 sets in a year?

Ping updates 2 of its lines each year. Last year it was the Rapture V2 and S57. This year it was the i15 and G15 lines.

But Mizuno's schedule doesn't bother me at all.

I think what bothers some people about TaylorMade is the apparent unpredictability of the releases, and the fact that they release different versions with only slight name changes.

For example, everyone knows that PING updates its lines in August/September of each year. But I have no idea when TM is going to update its irons, for example, or how many models there will be. So it seems like they are constantly releasing new stuff. I think that if someone could map out their release schedule (And they would stick to it), that would minimize some of the criticism.

TM has said many times that when the product is ready they put it out rather than waiting for specified times. Ironically, they put out less new products than quite a few companies in 2009 including Mizuno.

Especially considering theres lots of great GI iron sets for well under $1,000. Heck, you could get a set of Titleist AP1s for $700.
I like Mizuno but they dont have $300 more worth of feel.
In a bad economy I cant see where this is a good idea.

You're right....

...the cast AP1's with the big hollowed out back feel like a hybrid...I'd say mizzy is worth about $900 bucks more than AP1's (they retail for $900 right!?!?!)

BTW, what I've heard about these irons from better players (0-5 hdcp) is that they are the real deal...feel, playability, workablity with a fair amount of forgiveness, minimal offset and thin soles...really interested in hitting these as they sound like the holy grail...

...have to change out those shafts though...(dynalite!?!?)

MX-300 review is up for everybody to take a look at. If you missed the magazine that had our testers take a look at the entire line of Mizuno 2010, here is the review of the MX-300s

The Hackers Paradise Mizuno MX-300 Iron Review

When is the review of the MP58's going to be up?

When is the review of the MP58's going to be up?

In the next couple of weeks. The set was featured in our magazine

Yep saw that it was a good little review. Just want some more info before I commit to spending a grand on new irons.

Yep saw that it was a good little review. Just want some more info before I commit to spending a grand on new irons.

No issues we will have the review up in the next 7 days probably.

JB just wondering when you were going to get the review of the MP-58's up?

JB just wondering when you were going to get the review of the MP-58's up?

It is on the schedule to go up this coming week, early in the week before the driver shoot out stuff.

I heard the MX 1000's are a beast. Funny how they gave the club the same name as their price tag.

The MP-58 review will be up on Monday morning for everybody. That leaves just the MX-1000 that will be coming soon.

Cant wait to read your review of the MX-1000's. That was the first set I purchased but didn't hold on to them for long. Switched to the TM Burner 09's but I did really like the look and feel of the MX's.

Here is the page from our magazine on the MX-1000.

712095730_cNC9W-XL.jpg

JB..when will the review on the MX 1000's be out? I just saw these today at Golfsmith and they are beautiful.Just trying to find the best GI iron set I can.I also saw them on Ebay for $775 4-GW.

Last edited:
It will be out soon. We are trying our best to get up over 5000 pictures from the show and videos and then will get to work on finishing up some reviews. Sorry about the delay.

It will be out soon. We are trying our best to get up over 5000 pictures from the show and videos and then will get to work on finishing up some reviews. Sorry about the delay.

No worries...I just sold myG10's to my buddy,so I'm iron-less.My GolfTEC guy won't have his Mizuno fitting system in for a few weeks,so I have to wait anyway.
Are the MX 1000's along the same line as G15's ... GI wise?

I can't tell you how happy I am that I found THP.....everyone on here genuinely wants to help if you have a question,it's great to hear what unbiased people have to say.And believe me,I've asked a lot of questions so I know first hand.THP also does an incredible job with the shootouts and reviews,you're some busy dudes...Keep up the good work!

We are always here to help. Check out the PGA Show 2010 section of the forum for hundreds of new things.

We are always here to help. Check out the PGA Show 2010 section of the forum for hundreds of new things.

Are the MX 1000's along the same line as G15's ... GI wise?

Similar. I preferred them to the G15s though.

Back