2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Hotled good to hear you like the M4 mashie hybrid, have you thought about marking your M4 about 3/4" down the shaft and try hitting it to see if it gives you about 12-15 yard gap, heck you could even have two are three marks for different distances or for a lower ball flight.
Who knows it might work and it would be nice to have confidence in one club that covers several distances.

I'm hitting the range this weekend to get it figured out. I would love to be able to control just the one club and open a spot for an extra wedge.

This M4 was Money today. Just pure and helped me out of 1 bad fluffy stuff. I dang near holed out 2 shots from 215+ today with it.
I did choke down on it on a few 170-180 yards and I tell you what, it hit rather well. I pulled a bit with it today but it's just me getting used to it. I am definitely dumping my 17* Adams hybrid and getting the M3, it just hits so da%n easy.
My 4-5-6 iron are a thing of the past as well as my 3 wood when I get the M3.

Hotled, have you considered going with the M2 instead of the M3? That's what I did. I have not hit the M3 yet and yes all mashie hybrids are easy to hit I have even hit the M1 and it is pretty easy also. Just thought you might not have enough of a gap between the M4 and M3. Just a thought.

Hotled, have you considered going with the M2 instead of the M3? That's what I did. I have not hit the M3 yet and yes all mashie hybrids are easy to hit I have even hit the M1 and it is pretty easy also. Just thought you might not have enough of a gap between the M4 and M3. Just a thought.
Now that I think about it, that is a very good suggestion. Since I am a lefty I only have the choice of M2-3-4. They don't make a 1 or 5 in left handed or I would just game them all.

Only reason I say this is I feel like you might not need a 3-wood if you can hit the 18* mashie as well as the 23*. I am sure their is enough of a difference in distance to warrant all three, but if your like me less decision making the better. It would also give you another club to work on 3/4 shots or gripping down to get different distances, and this seems to work better for me. It is also an excellant club off the tee for me I do have to tee very low for straight shots but it is also good to tee a little higher and get a draw that rolls forever (good for dogleg holes). Might give you chance to look at the mashie woods also. I tend to like less clubs in the bag, until I got a niblick in 2010 I was only carrying 11 clubs.

The only thing I would caution is to test the 18* out first as I have come to realize that for whatever reason (swing speed, swing plane, angle) we all have loft efficiency maximums. I think all of us have iron, hybrid and wood lofts beyond which we gain nothing. i.e. you say you can't hit your 4-5-6 irons so 6 iron loft may be your max low loft for irons and so on.

A thought this is also a thread about mashie irons. I guess no one has much to say about them? They appeal to me in a all mashie way but really I have only hit the 6-iron a few times at a demo day and it was a very solid club. Would love to hear any comments any have had with these especially if you play them.

I've only seen one member that talked about owning them, majBC. I hit them a few times and they were fine. Among the GI/SGI Cleveland irons, I preferred the Blacks.

Head to head I preferred the mashie irons over the black irons. Better feeling getting through the turf and more consistent distances.

Yea guys the only iron I didn't hit at the Cleveland demo day I went to was the Black. I just forgot about it or I would have, I even hit the 588 CB and was very surprised how much I liked it and how easy it was to hit. Of course I was not going to try the MB but I'm sure they had them there. I just seem to want to like anything mashie as I have been so impressed with the hybrids (2011 model for me) and they seem to make the longer-mid iron game much easier to handle. My home course has a fairway bunker/bunker's on every non par three except one and the mashie is as good if not better out of the sand as the fairway. Great club. At least for me.

I think they can be picked up for a good price right now.

Had a little resurgance with the hybrids over the last couple days. Just need to keep the swing a little shorter and I'm in good shape, which is how it works for every club. Hit a pi$$ed off M3 that made me smile after a big screwup on a par 5, which is just what I needed to boost my confidence at the time.

Anyone have any feedback on the M1? The few times I have hit it I have been very impressed with the results. A friend had an M1 which I carried for about two weeks but probably only hit it 6 to 8 times but every time was just pure.
Funny the only Mashie hybrid I have not hit is the M3, it seems to be the most popular one.

I think they can be picked up for a good price right now.

Had a little resurgance with the hybrids over the last couple days. Just need to keep the swing a little shorter and I'm in good shape, which is how it works for every club. Hit a pi$$ed off M3 that made me smile after a big screwup on a par 5, which is just what I needed to boost my confidence at the time.

Swing mad all the time, that's what I do.

I'm too easy going, Frank. I need a little fire inside me I suppose. I may just try that for my swing thought today though.

Swing mad all the time, that's what I do.

I agree Frank. Going after the ball hard seems to be the ticket with the hybrid. Not so much from the top but in that last foot or two. Powering through the turf and it launches it on a piercing trajectory that still lands nice and soft.

I agree Frank. Going after the ball hard seems to be the ticket with the hybrid. Not so much from the top but in that last foot or two. Powering through the turf and it launches it on a piercing trajectory that still lands nice and soft.

That's really well put, Danny. I've found that a 3/4 (in my mind, though I'm sure it's longer than that) backswing and aggressive downswing get a lot out of it. I start to suffer when I get that big old backswing going.

Finally picked up a M3 and M5 from hurricane golf for $59 each

While I wasn't pin hunting with the Mashies last night, I hit them better than I had in the last two weeks. Really focused on finishing with my elbows pointed towards the target in my finish and that seemed to keep me from smother hooking the ball. Hit the fringe on a par 3 with the M3 and also used it to get out of some deep rough to right in front of the green after a rotten tee shot on a par 4. I learned that soaking wet rough needs a little more loft than the F3 offers, so I played it safe and it paid off.

welp i ordered an M3 and M5 from when they were on sale at hurricane and they just let me know there out of the M5.. anyone know where i can get a good deal on one now?

I think Hotled got a good price somewhere. Maybe he'll have some info for you.

welp i ordered an M3 and M5 from when they were on sale at hurricane and they just let me know there out of the M5.. anyone know where i can get a good deal on one now?

I saw them marked down at budgetgolf.com too.

Budgetgolf.com has them at 59.95 Just make sure it's the 2012 plus version.
My putter didn't sell on ebay so now I have to wait to get my M2:(

Im going to get it at budget. there was a coupon for first time customers but When i newsletter signed up i didnt see anything. still getting it

Played my first round with my new M2 yesterday. 50 degree weather but calm so I used my new Wilson Duo balls.
I shot a 79 and it was largely due to the M2 and M4 combo as well as my new wedge. I ditched my 3 wood for the M2,it's easier to hit and goes just as far if not a tad farther and that nice little "click" sound is awesome.
I am now able to get to the green from 230-240 out no problem at all which set me up for 2 eagle putts and I drained one of them. I am actually contemplating grabbing a high lofted hybrid something in the 26-27* range and see how it works. To bad they don't make the Mashie in this for lefties!

Good to hear the M2 is working well for you. What do you think is your gap between M2 and M4 ? Do you think you need the M3?
Don't know who makes a left handed hybrid in 26-27 degree range but I played with a guy the other day who had a cobra 6 hybrid and he had it dialed in ( he was a righty). Also the cobra hybrid which has a neon green grip has rails on the bottom too like the mashie. Good luck finding that hybrid in LH.

Probably don't need the M3 but I will probably own one soon anyway lol. Cobra makes the rail H in 25 and 28.

Back