2013 US Open Championship

Golfnut59

A True Nut for the Game
Reaction score
Handicap
I have receive my offical letter from the US Open Championship Office as one of the 22 Selected as a Volunteer at Merion Golf Club as US Marchal or Securty. I will not know until after August 1, 2012. I have to attend a meet on that day and will be took what I will be doing.

if you want tickets goto www.open.com they go on sale June 11, 2012, if you a usga member than you can get your on March 1, 2012 and close on May 1, 2012.

Hope to see some of you that the US Open.

Thats cool. I was a volunteer at the open at winged foot. I worked in the golf cart section which was awesome. I got to drive carts around and follow the action.

I sent in an application to volunteer for it, hope I get a letter as well, congrats though!

Congrat's on being selected to help at the US Open Enjoy it GN. I missed the one last year in my back yard at Congressional. Work schedule didn't agree.

Awesome news, Gn59. Good for you!

That's pretty cool...you should have a blast there.

That's awesome. Congrats.

My wife an I have volunteeredfor the US Open the past 3 years. And will be again at Marion. Anyone else signed up? Maybe we can hook up during the week?

I'm not a volunteer, but I'll be there on Tuesday.

Cool, as the time draws closer maybe we can figure a way to meet.

Thats pretty cool! Volunteered at last year's open at Congressional in the merchandise tent! The grounds pass for the week was worth the $160 that we have to pay.

This is awesome. I would love to volunteer at some point.

I'll be one of the Food and Beverage managers at the event as far as I am told... Attending an educational session at Merion tomorrow actually, not regarding the US Open though.

i am also volunteering at Merion. My 'assignment' is to help driver golfers and caddie to/from the course in case of bad weather. Looking forward to it!!

Very cool never really thought of doing anything like that, of course not much comes around this way.

Received my volunteer schedule for the US Open at Merion. I am assigned to five shifts - all 7am-1pm (i requested morning). Working the 3 practice days, Mon, Tues, and Wed. Then working Thurs and Saturday. Locations vary from practice range, 6th fairway, 9th tee and 12th tee. My volunteer credentials allow me admisson for the entire event. Looking forward to the event!

Received my volunteer schedule for the US Open at Merion. I am assigned to five shifts - all 7am-1pm (i requested morning). Working the 3 practice days, Mon, Tues, and Wed. Then working Thurs and Saturday. Locations vary from practice range, 6th fairway, 9th tee and 12th tee. My volunteer credentials allow me admisson for the entire event. Looking forward to the event!

That is great....Enjoy!!

Awesome! Congrats and hope you enjoy it! Sounds like one amazing week for you.

I wish there was a THP pin or something that we could put on our hats or something so we can identify each other.

Very cool, going to be one heck of a show. Congrats!

Nice dude, I'll be there Tuesday. We'll have to meet up for a bit.

Great - i will be the guy with the green hat and white shirt!!!

Nice dude, I'll be there Tuesday. We'll have to meet up for a bit.

Very cool!

You're gonna have a blast!

Back