2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I love the RXS... they have them here by me for 31.99/dz, last years model I am assuming but for me they feel so much better than the 330-s. I think I just don't quite have the swing speed for the non-rx balls. Curious to hear what you guys think after putting them in play.

I love the RXS... they have them here by me for 31.99/dz, last years model I am assuming but for me they feel so much better than the 330-s. I think I just don't quite have the swing speed for the non-rx balls. Curious to hear what you guys think after putting them in play.

Bridgestone releases the B330 line every two years. Right now you can find the 2012 model for around that price. The new 2014 is a very different ball. If you get a chance to try them out, let us know your thoughts.

Bridgestone releases the B330 line every two years. Right now you can find the 2012 model for around that price. The new 2014 is a very different ball. If you get a chance to try them out, let us know your thoughts.

I'm too cheap for them... maybe in two years! LOL I may have to though if they are that much better, cause I really like the 2012s.

I'm too cheap for them... maybe in two years! LOL I may have to though if they are that much better, cause I really like the 2012s.

I cannot compress the B330S ball either, but the RX is a different story. Love the ball and while the price is approaching a premium ball, the performance is most assuredly there. Give them a try if you find a deal that fits your budget, but be prepared, you won't want to go back. As an alternative, the e5 is also awesome and offers gobs of performance.

JM

I went out for short game practice this morning and was just chipping with these and the soft feel is even felt on chips and the ball just grabs. Then add that when I was fit for RX originally (a few years ago), it reduced my driver spin to where i wanted to be and gave me a carry boost.

Have tried everything else out, but still always come back to these and I believe the Hydrocore line is the best they have put out to date by a large margin.

I'm similar, I try a lot of different things, but eventually i come back to the RX, its just a really good ball for me.

I was a bit pessimistic about the hydrocore, but seeing is believing, the bite is real. I'm impressed, need to grab a dozen really soon.

I'm similar, I try a lot of different things, but eventually i come back to the RX, its just a really good ball for me.

I was a bit pessimistic about the hydrocore, but seeing is believing, the bite is real. I'm impressed, need to grab a dozen really soon.

You take the 330RX over the 330?

Got out for a practice round this afternoon. Still stand by my previous comments about the RX. Feel like this is just a solid evolution of the previous model. No issues with distance. It was pretty darn windy, so I had my fair share of misses. Well struck shots do seem to get through the wind a little better than the Srixon I was playing with a little today.

Where this ball really stood out for me today was on approach shots. This ball really does just sit down for me. Didn't have anything release more than a foot or so with any of my iron approaches. Had a 4H in that rolled out about 10 feet, leaving me a makable putt.

Don't know if it's the warmer weather or what, but I definitely noticed a difference around the greens today. I was working on my short game since I was a single between groups. I found a lot of my chips actually checking up and ending up short of where I'm used to seeing them. Just something to adjust to and I'm sure I could handle that no problem if I continue to play these. Pitches sat pretty good when I hit them well. Hit a flop just goofing around on 18, down wind, and it rolled out a good amount, which surprised me. When I looked down on the club face, I saw why. I missed the grooves out on the toe. Dropped another one, caught it on the grooves and it only rolled out a few feet, which is what I originally expected.

Overall, I think that the RX is a great ball. Solid distance, no real huge misses that weren't my fault, and very manageable amount of spin on approach shots and around the green. At $45 a box, don't know if I can play them all the time, but this is my first choice right now at this price point. If I can get my game to a point where I'm not losing multiple balls per round, these will likely be in the bag from what I've seen. Still got one left, so (hopefully) should have at least one more update.

I cannot compress the B330S ball either, but the RX is a different story. Love the ball and while the price is approaching a premium ball, the performance is most assuredly there. Give them a try if you find a deal that fits your budget, but be prepared, you won't want to go back. As an alternative, the e5 is also awesome and offers gobs of performance.

I know my swing speed is less than the recommendation for the 330S, but for some reason they really seem to work well for me. I think I'm going to have to try out the RXS. I still have 5 of my original dozen and have been playing quite a bit of golf, hard not to stick with a golf ball that wants to hang around!

Had my first rounds without these this week, and I missed them bad! Was playing some stuff I had to try and use from the garage, other tour balls (hex black) missed the feel off the driver, missed the durability... I hate letting good golf balls go to waste, but I really want the B330rx back in the bag now.

Today, I played my first round of 18 in a while. I found my last B330 at the bottom of my ball pocket and put it in play on the second nine. I ended up hitting the three longest drives of the day with it- 321 was the longest. Distance, spin, feel, etc, were all excellent today. After the distances I saw on the front 9 with a different ball, I'm pretty convinced that this new B330 should be my full-time gamer. Just a great ball.

Had a chance to play my B330-RX's today and let me tell you. I was impressed with all of the qualities.
I was getting some serious spin on the greens on my full shots and chipping around the green.

Excited to make this my new gamer!

Sadly, today was my last round with the 330RX test pack. I had 2 left when I started, and two fat shots on the back put them both in the water.
As most have said, it's a good ball. Good distance, holds the wind well, and checks nicely on the green. Best durability of any other tour ball I've played.
If I didn't have four or five dozen other new balls in the closet, I think I would go get another box. But for now I'm going to play what I have, then I will have to decide if this will be my gamer or not.
Thanks again to THP for the opportunity to test this ball.

I still have 2 left. I'm kind of confused.
This ball spins no more for me than an E6. Must be my swing.

Finished another round today with the Tour B330. Once again the ball did everything it could to make me not play as poorly as I was swinging the clubs. Conditions were super windy and I had a couple drives into the wind of 265+. As I stated before this ball does a fantastic job in windy conditions off the tee for me. I had a heavy wind coming right at me and I was able to hit my wedge pin high from 147. This was with me failing to flight the ball. I was impressed!

I finished the full round with the same ball and it still has a little life left. Last couple rounds were a little dirtier conditions and the B330 didn't last as long but the course today was much nicer so the ball looks very playable.

got a warm 85-degree forecast today. Not looking forward to walking in that (not used to heat, although in the middle of summer 85 will feel like a cold front), but I'm very interested to see this ball work in pretty much ideal conditions. Warm 'em up and see how they fly!

got a warm 85-degree forecast today. Not looking forward to walking in that (not used to heat, although in the middle of summer 85 will feel like a cold front), but I'm very interested to see this ball work in pretty much ideal conditions. Warm 'em up and see how they fly!

I'm wondering the same thing =). Maybe winter will end some day.

I lost the last of my test balls a few weeks ago but had gotten another dozen of the '14 B330-RX but have been saving them for the Hilton Head Island Invitational. I've been playing some left over '12 B330-RX in the meantime. The last three days I've put the '14 B330-RX back in play. Really saw the biggest difference in the two balls around the greens. Ball stops quickly and performs better than the last all around in the short game area. Big improvement over the last model, IMO.

Played another round with the RX yesterday. I'm down to my last test ball.

Continues to be an accurate, long, solid tee ball that is noticeably improved in the short game. If I haven't completely conveyed the high regard in which I hold this ball, let me say I am about to take Bridgestone up on their buy 3 dozen, get 1 dozen free with personalization on the 4th dozen on Global Golf.

I did the same thing yesterday and was extremely impressed. The ball was just launching and it caused me issues a couple times. Twice I considered taking one more club and settled on the shorter option, thankfully I did. I felt like I was getting an extra half club on my irons. It was very encouraging.

I did the same thing yesterday and was extremely impressed. The ball was just launching and it caused me issues a couple times. Twice I considered taking one more club and settled on the shorter option, thankfully I did. I felt like I was getting an extra half club on my irons. It was very encouraging.

Yep, I hit a few farther than I expected today. Man it was warm and the ball was FLYING.

As expected, the B330RX performed exceptionally well in warm conditions. Distance was borderline ridiculous. I hit some of the best drives I've hit in a long time today. As per the norm lately, I didn't hit my irons particularly well, but it gave me plenty of opportunities to explore the short game prowess of the RX. If it's possible, I think it was even better today than what I've been seeing. Instances where I had to hit short, high pitches over trouble and onto greens, the ball just lands so softly. I really enjoy this ball in ever part of the game. Greens were punched, so putting was completely irrelevant, but other than that, I continue to love what I'm seeing. I'm down to my last 4 of the test dozen, so it's winding down, but I should get at least a couple more rounds in with them. The bottom line continues to be that this is the best all-around performing ball I've ever played. EVER.

I really need to try the RX or the RXS, loving all of the reviews so far. The E5 really helped my game and I think the 330 can definitely help as well.

I know love in golf can be a fickle thing... But... I really have enjoyed playing with the RX.

My number are getting dialed in, I know what the ball is generally going to do on short irons to the green (stop) or a couple bounces and roll out for mid irons.

My short game has been struggling, such a mixed bag, however these balls have some some things, upon my intention to do it, I never have been able to accomplish - specifically being able to limit the damage from a tough lie with little green to work with. Usually I have no real hope of making the long return putt, with the RX, I have done so multiple times.

As I start new lessons, I feel like the RX can help me drop strokes and gain consistency.

I really need to try the RX or the RXS, loving all of the reviews so far. The E5 really helped my game and I think the 330 can definitely help as well.

The e5 is a great ball. I go back to it often. I feel like the RX, especially the new one, does everything a little bit better. For the money the e5 is the best value in golf if you ask me.

I gamed the Tour B330 this weekend and loved the performance I saw out of it. On Sunday it was quite windy on a few holes and the B330 held its line really well. I saw some great spin around the green and on a few shots it had some impressive bite on it. I only have 1 or 2 left from original box, but I will be reloading soon.

Went to the range this morning for 30 minutes just to hit some chips with the new RXS and the ball spins like the dickens. I will end up playing the regular RX because I love the one hop and stop, but using the RXS, I can spin that thing as much as any ball I have ever tried. Craziness.

Back