2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Getting in work before the sun sets, just in case.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412644830.002661.jpg

Did I miss the last contest? Don't think I saw anything yet?

I wish I was healthy enough to try out for this epic event. Callaway really knows how to get er done and from what I saw of last year's Grand Daddy, it's fricking surreal how cool it is!

I will be so ready in case my shoulder is tapped.
Playing to my handicap on courses I don't necessarily like and improving right now, and handicap season ends soon so I'll be locked in at a cap I can play to.
I find it easier to practice at the range over the winter since the sun is down and there's nothing else to do.

Did I miss the last contest? Don't think I saw anything yet?

The last contest hasn't begun yet. But stay tuned, something tells me with this being 2 months out, the team will be finalized here pretty soon.

You hear that fellas!? 2 months!!!!!!!

The last contest hasn't begun yet. But stay tuned, something tells me with this being 2 months out, the team will be finalized here pretty soon.

I didn't think I missed it.

Loud and clear, and still not sure I believe it.

Really looking forward to this last contest, and finding out who will join #TeamBasementDweller!

Myself, jdtox, and LordByron are playing one of the nicer courses in Michigan today as we continue our prep to take down the #ZooCrew in December.

What are you doing today to prep in case your called to action?

Myself, jdtox, and LordByron are playing one of the nicer courses in Michigan today as we continue our prep to take down the #ZooCrew in December.

Hit them well guys! It's great that you guys are getting out together and can get a feel for each other's games. Not to mention the teammate bonding thing. BOTH will help in two months.

Really looking forward to hearing how it goes. Match play and multiple formats should be interesting. I am headed to Minneapolis for a work meeting that will involve golf tomorrow.

Get that work done boys. Would love to join you in the team prep and make it a foursome. I'm close and you know I am sticking to my practice plan.

Way to get after it today guys.

Probably work on some putting/short game work today, hitting up the range tomorrow and playing in a work scramble on friday and 18 holes this weekend.

I couldn't be more happy that you guys have the locality and means to get together and play.

And not only play, but put yourself into formats that we may see in December that you may not have a ton of exposure to.

Keep it up gents, proud of you!

Hitting the gym tonight and working on chipping and putting. If my number is called, I'll be ready!

Really looking forward to hearing how it goes. Match play and multiple formats should be interesting. I am headed to Minneapolis for a work meeting that will involve golf tomorrow.

Dang, I am off today, would have loved to given you my best shot. With strokes of course..

Great work by everyone so far, we cannot get beat this year or the ZooCrew will be insufferable.

Dang, I am off today, would have loved to given you my best shot. With strokes of course..

Great work by everyone so far, we cannot get beat this year or the ZooCrew will be insufferable.

I will PM you. I am headed down now and may be able to play in the early afternoon.

Most of the courses and ranges in Phoenix are overseeding now, so things are closed for the next two weeks.
Preparation for the Granddaddy involves travel - Las Vegas golf Wed, then Chicago for golf Fri, Sat and Sun. Gonna learn some stuff, too!
Then a few days of work and off to North Carolina for a family visit and one round.
Gotta stay sharp and focused! Only 60 days more to prep!

Courses are closing here, honestly surprised we have not had snow here yet. Fitness regime kicking in again. Weights, stretching, pushups, cardio... rinse & repeat. Even without #TheGrandaddy this was going to be a year of change for me.

Getting older, 35 is a big number agewise.... but not so big golf wise. The goal is to make positive changes and shoot back to back 35s and shoot my age this year.

Hitting the gym tonight and working on chipping and putting. If my number is called, I'll be ready!

I think you're ready now. What's frightening is that your game was amazing in MB and has only gotten better since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go get em today! This will be a good gauge about where you stand right now and just a tease of what may happen at #TheGrandaddy. No pressure, just go out and have fun. After all, you could be at work!

I'm resting my body after a brutal, freezing, awesome Iowa golf weekend. :) Rest is like milk, it does a body good!

Ok, kids, here's some tips. If you get paired with the folks from Callaway, get them off their game...

I don't know if this is the make up of the team, but these are the captains from #TheGauntlet, plus Chad and Harry.

Rhiona: Tell her you don't like cursing, and golf isn't meant to be fun, its serious business.
ScottyG: Berate him relentlessly. Make fun of everything he does, every chance you get, and tell him I said to do it.
YOAJVCG: Start and end every sentence with "Yo", hold the finish on every shot and then flex.
Finley: Tell him what a nice guy he is, and that you don't get the whole Darth Vader thing.
JohnnyRod: Anytime he makes a joke, tell him you don't think its very funny and keep a serious face.
Ethanator: He's left handed. End of story. Also, on the first tee, address your tee shot aimed at him and ask him if he's sure he doesn't want his mask.
Hashtag: Keep reminding him to pick up the pace, and rush him to and from every shot.
Harry: "Harry, why are you putting out so many drivers?"

Or just have a good time, because they will be.

I think you're ready now. What's frightening is that your game was amazing in MB and has only gotten better since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, sure. The jerk decides to get even better AFTER the MC.

:alien:

Oh, sure. The jerk decides to get even better AFTER the MC.

:alien:
Figured I'd better put on my big boy pants because you won't be at the grandaddy to bail me out like you were in the MC.

Back