2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry gents. I failed on my 5x6

It ended up being 3x6; 1x4; 1x2; 2x3

Gassed. Now I'm pushing a prowler. Then some chins. Going to sleep like a baby.

There's no "I'm sorry"s needed... sounds like tough workout.

5x6 presses. 4x6 low incline dumbbell bench press and lying tricep extensions. Yippee

rogue-dog-sled-1.2-lg.jpg
Yeah...eff that thing.

It's so good for you. Sometimes you just need to develop Brute Force & Ignorance, and that thing's amazing for it. I'd still rather drag it than push it.

Yeah...eff that thing.

It's so good for you. Sometimes you just need to develop Brute Force & Ignorance, and that thing's amazing for it. I'd still rather drag it than push it.
Or....just do both...and then pray for death

never seen one of those.

Sorry gents. I failed on my 5x6

It ended up being 3x6; 1x4; 1x2; 2x3

Gassed. Now I'm pushing a prowler. Then some chins. Going to sleep like a baby.

Did you join somewhere other than xperience? I didn't think they had that kind of stuff available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you join somewhere other than xperience? I didn't think they had that kind of stuff available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Xperience doesn't have that sort of stuff. They don't allow chalk either. It's kind of a joke really. I go to Premier Fitness, just off of Lyndale.

Did Goblet squats tonight, have to admit I actually like them! 3x12 the other night had me sore af.

Did Goblet squats tonight, have to admit I actually like them! 3x12 the other night had me sore af.
Interesting. I'm surprised they had that effect on you.

Nope. Xperience doesn't have that sort of stuff. They don't allow chalk either. It's kind of a joke really. I go to Premier Fitness, just off of Lyndale.
I don't blame a gym for no chalk rule. People get out of hand with it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I don't blame a gym for no chalk rule. People get out of hand with it

How so? Chalk is a necessity for proper strength training. It's easy to clean up.

How so? Chalk is a necessity for proper strength training. It's easy to clean up.
It is not necessary. I am sure you saw someone say on you tube it is necessary but it is not.
Its like straps, it's more of a crutch

It is not necessary. I am sure you saw someone say on you tube it is necessary but it is not.
Its like straps, it's more of a crutch

Honestly, I have never heard chalk referred to as a crutch. Especially when considering that it doesn't take any work off of the lift like straps do.

Honestly, I have never heard chalk referred to as a crutch. Especially when considering that it doesn't take any work off of the lift like straps do.
In the real world of lifting it is not needed.
But if it gives someone more confidence then so be it

Please explain
The amount of weight most people goblet squat isn't anywhere near as heavy as what they can back or front squat. The range of motion isn't any bigger. Just given the amount of weight you use for the goblet squat, they shouldn't be that hard.

What do you mean by real world? Just honest question

The real world of lifting? It's used at every type of strength competition and if nothing else, it effectively and quick dries wet hands.

What do you mean by real world? Just honest question
Real world means not in the internet world :)

Real world means not in the internet world :)

Well, I will agree that it isn't needed for rehab, machine, or most hypertrophic based training. but for strength training it's a must

Well, I will agree that it isn't needed for rehab, machine, or most hypertrophic based training. but for strength training it's a must
No offense joe, but I was power lifting before you were born and it not required

The amount of weight most people goblet squat isn't anywhere near as heavy as what they can back or front squat. The range of motion isn't any bigger. Just given the amount of weight you use for the goblet squat, they shouldn't be that hard.
Well I never said they were hard, just said they made me sore after 3x12. I don't grind them but I was honestly surprised my legs were sore the next day I'll admit. Ive never done a front squat, maybe that's the soreness of just being new?

Well I never said they were hard, just said they made me sore after 3x12. I don't grind them but I was honestly surprised my legs were sore the next day I'll admit. Ive never done a front squat, maybe that's the soreness of just being new?
That's what it is. Goblets are much easier to learn than front squats, but front squats are more fun

No offense joe, but I was power lifting before you were born and it not required

How come every single elite powerlifter uses it then?-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back