2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell yeah!! Looks like your gym has some awesome owners. New racks and now platforms are sweet. Congrats
I feel like a kid in a candy store. But the darned program doesn't call for deads. I actually wrote in my log, "stick to the program"

I feel like a kid in a candy store. But the darned program doesn't call for deads. I actually wrote in my log, "stick to the program"
Hahaha try not to look at them. Bet you'll have to walk past them tho which is a bummer. Good on you for sticking to the program but damn new toys are awesome!

There's a gym Bro who just did a super set of fixed elbow ez bar bicep curls at 130# with fixed elbow dumbbell curls at 15# each.

Smh

There's a gym Bro who just did a super set of fixed elbow ez bar bicep curls at 130# with fixed elbow dumbbell curls at 15# each.

Smh
I wonder what Arnold would say. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I wonder what Arnold would say. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Getting a pump is better than cu..ing

Just reduced ROM for hypertrophic goals. It's about appearance. Not about function.

Which is fine if that's your goal. It's not mine.

Great workout tonight as instructor really pushed us. Alot of squats and lower body work, followed by stability and core training to finish it off.

Check out the beautiful new addition to my gym! Makes me sad that pulls aren't until Thursday or Friday.

2721c27dd4551377496f350fd41b68a8.jpg

My gym is a dump. It makes Average Joes look state of the art.

No way. If it's got racks, straight bars, and round plates it's all you need.

You betcha! Having a platform in my basement could be pretty coo tho.......hmmmm.

On a side note, ive gone through a nasty divorce with my gloves and haven't seen them in a few weeks now. Still getting over it but I think it'll be for the best. Figured id tell you first Blu, I know you were very much in love with them too.

There's something amazing about gyms like that though. Like blu said, are their weights there? Then you're good.

There's something amazing about gyms like that though. Like blu said, are their weights there? Then you're good.

No doubt I like it. It's not in the best neighbourhood last night when I showed up the cops had arrested someone and were pulling him out of the gym and in the morning there were 3 drunk guys bench pressing. No staff on site between 10pm and 7am you can just scan your card and go in 24/7(best feature imo). It's basically the Planet Fitness of Canada with disgusting bathrooms and no showers. For 10 bucks a month it's about what I expect.

No doubt I like it. It's not in the best neighbourhood last night when I showed up the cops had arrested someone and were pulling him out of the gym and in the morning there were 3 drunk guys bench pressing. No staff on site between 10pm and 7am you can just scan your card and go in 24/7(best feature imo). It's basically the Planet Fitness of Canada with disgusting bathrooms and no showers. For 10 bucks a month it's about what I expect.
I thought Canadians all trained like Rocky 4. Carrying logs through the snow and such.

I thought Canadians all trained like Rocky 4. Carrying logs through the snow and such.

We only carry logs through the snow in the summer or if we have to fix out dog sled in autumn. Cant do it during winter because were are all trying to figure out how to keep a fire going without melting our igloo's.

Code Brown!!!! Code Brown!!!!

That's all I would be thinking if that happened to me.
That's about right. Code brown and then blinding white rage at the first loader I see. Throw some poor kid through the ceiling.

Tried to hook grip some deadlifts tonight. Here's 405

Damn dude. Impressive and nice tan lines.

Dead lifts your favorite?

Damn dude. Impressive and nice tan lines.

Dead lifts your favorite?
I'm not saying any of the following to be braggadocious. I am not strong when compared to strong people -

Apparently I am anatomically built for pulling because my arms are longish. At the top of my deads, the bar hangs well below my tender anatomy. Given my maxes, deads are my best lift. I wouldn't say they're my favorite, just the one that I am really built for.

I really like the intricate nature of the Olympic lifts, I just have the vertical explosiveness of a tree stump which makes them my worst lifts.

I'm not saying any of the following to be braggadocious. I am not strong when compared to strong people -

Apparently I am anatomically built for pulling because my arms are longish. At the top of my deads, the bar hangs well below my tender anatomy. Given my maxes, deads are my best lift. I wouldn't say they're my favorite, just the one that I am really built for.

I really like the intricate nature of the Olympic lifts, I just have the vertical explosiveness of a tree stump which makes them my worst lifts.

Well in my world your pretty freaking strong. It's cool to see. Some good motivation in this thread.

Well in my world your pretty freaking strong. It's cool to see. Some good motivation in this thread.
Thank you. I don't post those videos to show off. Not my intention. I'm a big believer that strength doesn't make somebody correct, but if I favor lifting models and movement patterns for other people, I think it's important that I show myself doing the same movements.

Had to put on a suit today I haven't worn since last winter. The darn pants nearly fell off of me. What a great feeling that is. I'm not one to hop on the scale every day, so I haven't really seen much along the lines of weight loss - but my back has felt so much better since starting to work out again 3 months ago. That alone has me very happy.

Hope everyone is getting plenty of fuel today!!! Myself trying to gain, I absolutely love having access to so many calories after working out haha. Blessed my gym never closes now

Hope everyone is getting plenty of fuel today!!! Myself trying to gain, I absolutely love having access to so many calories after working out haha. Blessed my gym never closes now
This has to be the best day ever for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back