2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing this workout to help activate my "posterior chain". If I'm not a curvy in jeans in a month, I expect my money back.
b3fd1de7d8ddd3ae4fe3347b06ff99da.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nevermind. Sick 2 year old called me out of the gym after one work set.

: dislike :
Nevermind. Sick 2 year old called me out of the gym after one work set.

Well, squats tonight. 3 sets double across. I got a phone call after my first set and had to rush home to help with a toddler that was throwing up. Here's my one and only set.

[video=youtube;eS1UFM-k1h4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1UFM-k1h4&sns=em[/video]

Leg day

Leg day

Bummer about the kid. I'm old enough now where the kids stay home no problem and thankful for it. Nice work on the squats.

I pulled 405 no straps tonight. Then squatted 375. This after 4 miles on the elliptical. Can you say hungry?

Well, squats tonight. 3 sets double across. I got a phone call after my first set and had to rush home to help with a toddler that was throwing up. Here's my one and only set.

Great but frustrating workout tonight with my instructor. Great cardio work to start, followed by a lot of stability training. We then into a lot of exercises working on balance. I am finding out this is an area that I need some work in. I never thought my balance was bad, but these exercises were showing something different.

Instructor is adding some balances exercises to my individual workouts to see we can get better in this area.

what does he have you doing for balance?

what does he have you doing for balance?
He has us doing a couple of different exercises. First he has us jumping from one side of an agility ladder to the other landing on the outside leg and keeping the inside leg off the ground. The second time we go through, we complete the same jump and add a shoulder rotation after each landing. Amazing how adding the extra task in that exercise made it difficult for all of us to keep our balance.

Then he had us doing one legged rainbow passes with a medicine ball. We stood on one leg and pass a medicine ball above our head from hand to hand. After doing 2 sets on each leg, we had to do the 3rd set with our eyes closed.

The next exercise I am not sure of the name. We stood with one leg in the air at a 90 degree angle, holding a kettle ball in the hand on the same side as leg in the air. Hinging at the waist, you bring the kettle ball down to the floor, extending the leg straight back behind you, never touching the floor. Bring the kettle ball up back up, you return the leg to the 90 degree angle and then do it again.

Those were the exercises we did tonight.

Last edited:
He has us doing a couple of different exercises. First he has jumping from one side an agility ladder to the other landing on the outside leg and keeping the inside leg off the ground. The second time we go through, we complete the same jump and add a shoulder rotation after each landing. Amazing how adding the extra task in that exercise made it difficult for all of us to keep our balance.

Then he had us doing one legged rainbow passes with a medicine ball. We stood on one leg and pass a medicine ball above our head from hand to hand. After doing 2 sets on each leg, we had to do the 3rd set with our eyes closed.

The next exercise I am not sure of the name. We stood with one leg in the air at a 90 degree angle, holding a kettle ball in the hand on the same side as leg in the air. Hinging at the waist, you bring the kettle ball down to the floor, extending the leg straight back behind you, never touching the floor. Bring the kettle ball up back up, you return the leg to the 90 degree angle and then do it again.

Those were the exercises we did tonight.
Single leg kettlebell deadlift.

Eating.

I'm in my last week of crossfit. Then I'm off to another town. Idk if I want to continue with it elsewhere or just lift on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to compete?
I'm in my last week of crossfit. Then I'm off to another town. Idk if I want to continue with it elsewhere or just lift on my own.

Do you like the social aspect of it? My wife and I switched to doing our own programs instead of group classes, and while we like it, we miss the group aspect of it at times. Luckily we have some people that come the same time as is and we end up chatting during downtime.

And if you are. Stop going to a Crossfit gym. Train on your own.

Depends on the gym. The CrossFit gym I used to attend had a program for those who wanted to compete and used more of a 5/3/1 style. We'd do the main 4 lifts and incorporate Olympic lifts as necessary.

(fwiw, I was going to compete before I blew out my ACL/MCL/LCL)
And if you are. Stop going to a Crossfit gym. Train on your own.

I haven't given it much thought, I just because it was pretty much the only place decent to work out at, in this small town I'm at.

Do you like the social aspect of it? My wife and I switched to doing our own programs instead of group classes, and while we like it, we miss the group aspect of it at times. Luckily we have some people that come the same time as is and we end up chatting during downtime.

The social aspect is nice as we are sometimes broke up into teams or we are competing against everyone in the gyms time. I'm a competitive person so it adds a nice aspect for me.

But I feel like I get a more controlled workout on my own, if that makes any sense.

Plus I pay $100 a month gym fee at home for my wife, so to pay $100+ for another gym gets a bit steep after awhile.

Presses and power cleans tonight. Yay life

Eating.

Solid workout tonight, I hit my shoulders but they are so effed that some exercises just hurt after a while.

Eating.

Solid workout tonight, I hit my shoulders but they are so effed that some exercises just hurt after a while.
Overhead presses for shoulder health

Overhead presses for shoulder health

The shoulder press is okay it's the front dumbbell raise that starts to hurt. I have two broken collar bones that never healed correctly and still have a bone that stick out a bit.

The shoulder press is okay it's the front dumbbell raise that starts to hurt. I have two broken collar bones that never healed correctly and still have a bone that stick out a bit.
So don't do those. There's not a lot of benefit, other than aesthetics or rehab, for that lift.

So don't do those. There's not a lot of benefit, other than aesthetics or rehab, for that lift.

Really? not much benefit. Well I feel like I have wasted some time. Any other suggestions for shoulders.

Really? not much benefit. Well I feel like I have wasted some time. Any other suggestions for shoulders.
That's my opinion really, I'm sure others will disagree. For shoulders, presses and deadlifts are awesome. That's just my take.

That's my opinion really, I'm sure others will disagree. For shoulders, presses and deadlifts are awesome. That's just my take.

Do deadlifts cure cancer as well? hahaha I kid.:alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back