2015 Your Proto w/ Wilson Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time? ;-)

And the menu is crazy good. Come hungry everybody.

Won't be a problem. Only a 10 minute cab back to hotel. It's gonna be a great day.

Tour, custom fitting from the best with some prototype irons, an epic dinner with drinks, followed with a day of golf with the new irons. Hanging with THPers and Wilson Staffers. So sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dinner will be held at the famous Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse.
THP has a private room with a prix fixe menu for THPers and members of Wilson Staff.

10233 W. HIGGINS RD. ROSEMONT, IL

Best impression wins a free dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best impression wins a free dessert.

THP Event brother, we have dessert covered for you.
And appetizers, and salad, and steak (or other entree) and of course in this instance...Drinks!

And appetizers, and salad, and steak (or other entree) and of course in this instance...Drinks!

Haha I was only kidding - unless there is a good one and then the bonus dessert is on me.

Antipasto?

Big question though considering it's his restaurant...

Italian + steakhouse...no other words need be said! And as for cab drivers that's fine with me too. Safer is better!

Haaaaay! Sounds like a good place to eat

What if the moon was made of spare ribs?! Really looking forward to a fun dinner.

Man oh freaking man... I cannot wait!

Man oh freaking man... I cannot wait!

Yup. Probably had my best ball striking day ever today. It's all coming together. ... I think. A couple more weeks of hard practice.

Lesson tomorrow. Focus entirely on iron striking, for obvious reasons ...

You have to get the iron hot before you strike :banana:

I've decided to not do anymore lessons with #staffproto so close. I think different swing thoughts and drills will just make it worse and I think I'm just going to focus on what's been working and keep practicing hard for a couple more weeks with that.

Curious how your lesson goes. Let me know.

Last edited:
Got a round in today - only used the driver when it was essentially required. Shot a 37/47. The back nine had a few chilli-dipped wedges and pulled two balls that ended up bouncing into some water hazards.

Things appear to be rounding into shape. And good god the FG tour ball is fantastic.

I know JB mentioned when we were first announced as participants that we should bring everything. I know some of the guys are getting a round in prior but I'm unable. I'm wondering for space in my golf bag if I should leave my current irons at home or will we be using them in comparison initially during the fitting? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm not sure how I'm going to get all these clubs home in one bag. I don't mind bringing my current irons but if their is no need I might leave them behind.
Can any of you guys "in the know" give some guidance?

If you have no plans to use them ahead of time, dont bring them.

I have pared down my bag to only what I know I use regularly. 10 clubs ... which (hopefully) gives me some space to cram another set of irons in there.

This time in 2 weeks... I will be getting ready to head over to the airport. It goes without saying... but thanks JB and GG for putting on this amazing site and these amazing events.

This event is gonna sneak up quick!! Best part is this week and next week are both 4 day work weeks. I had a scramble tourney this past Monday. I have the lobster open scramble this Sunday. Then next Friday I have another scramble tourney next Friday then it's #WilsonProto !!!

This time in one week I'll be en route to Ft. Myers for a four rounds stay and play. Figure it will be a good warm-up for #staffproto.

Figures it rains today. Actually supposed to rain all the rest of this week. Sheesh. Gonna hit the driving bay of the PGASS in NMB tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back