2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Spoilers)

Get to work!

Oi! It's my day off....... although I'm going in at 1300 LOL (although Phil rather inconsiderably flew in this morning).

The Speith bobble head is pretty cool....Ill bet you find a ton of them on Ebay after this weekend

In what world is Wayne Gretzky simply a "former NHL player"? He needs no title but if you must, "The Great One" will suffice!

All joking aside, I can't wait for the event. An amazing tournament held on a few little slices of heaven on the Central Coast. The field looks fantastic and they will be playing in near perfect conditions.

I'm curious if Kelly Slater will ditch the event, a huge swell is arriving Friday and the Mavericks contest will be firing.

Love the event. Love seeing pros and celebs. But, I can't stand the antics of Bill Murray and Chris Berman when they are given an open mic. They give over-acting a bad name.

Chris BermanSports anchor, ESPN
Carson DalyTelevision personality
Josh DonaldsonMLB player, Toronto Blue Jays
Tom DreesenStand-up comedian
Josh DuhamelActor
Larry FitzgeraldNFL player, Arizona Cardinals
Colt FordMusician
Kenny GNOT a Musician
Andy GarciaActor
Wayne GretzkyFormer NHL player
Jim HarbaughHead football coach, University of Michigan
Toby KeithMusician
Thomas KellerChef
Huey LewisMusician
Gary Mule DeerComedian
Bill MurrayActor
Kunal NayyarActor
Chris O’DonnellActor
Jake OwenMusician
Alfonso RibeiroActor
Aaron RodgersNFL player, Green Bay Packers
Ray RomanoActor
Joe Don RooneyMusician
Kelly SlaterProfessional surfer
Alex SmithNFL Player, Kansas City Chiefs
Larry the Cable GuyComedian
Justin TimberlakeMusician
Mark WahlbergActor
Clay WalkerMusician
Steve YoungFormer NFL player

FIFY....

I'm playing today but have this taping for when I get home.

I love watching golf from Pebble, as one, it's been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, and two, I now live in the area. I do however hate watching celebrities and amateurs play golf. It isn't helped by the fact that I don't actually know who most of these so called celebrities are.

Damn forgot this one was on. Time to watch and relive the memories.

Having to watch every shot of Chris Berman makes me want to jump off a bridge, luckily there is so much snow outside shouldn't hurt too badly.

Ew I remember that green. Got get it up there.

Wow that was ugly.

So while watching this a thought came to me.

How much does playing with these amateurs in a tournament setting affect these guys? I know they usually have a pro-am every week, but there is more at stake here.

Reason for the question is watching Berman tear this course up is painful.

So while watching this a thought came to me.

How much does playing with these amateurs in a tournament setting affect these guys? I know they usually have a pro-am every week, but there is more at stake here.

Reason for the question is watching Berman tear this course up is painful.

I'm sure by now, a lot of these guys have mastered the art of mentally checking out until it's time for them to start their pre shot routine.

I'm sure by now, a lot of these guys have mastered the art of mentally checking out until it's time for them to start their pre shot routine.

Yeah I would assume so as well.

Let me know when Berman gets done so I can go back to watching golf.

And just watched him push his third in the drink

They really need to show Spyglass more instead of 5 holes of Pebble with the best views over and over again. Spyglass, especially the part through the forest, is exceptionally beautiful and as close to Augusta as the west coast can get.

Also, throw Poppy Ridge back in the mix, especially now that it's been re-done in "Pinehurst waste bunkers/straw instead of rough" style.

They really need to show Spyglass more instead of 5 holes of Pebble with the best views over and over again. Spyglass, especially the part through the forest, is exceptionally beautiful and as close to Augusta as the west coast can get.

Also, throw Poppy Ridge back in the mix, especially now that it's been re-done in "Pinehurst waste bunkers/straw instead of rough" style.

I believe the existing contract will exclude Poppy Hills for a few more years. But yes, it is much improved and a blast to play.

Berman is painful to watch. I wonder if he enjoys this?

Berman makes me feel good about my game

Berman makes me feel good about my game

I heard one of the announcers mention he's a 17 handicap. There's no way, and if that's the case I'm calling sandbagging :bulgy-eyes:

I heard one of the announcers mention he's a 17 handicap. There's no way, and if that's the case I'm calling sandbagging :bulgy-eyes:

maybe i'm being an a$$hole, but it seems like a lot of these guys they show have vanity caps. there are some really terrible swings claiming mid single digit caps.

and can we start a petition to the networks to never again show berman on tv? it's not fun to watch. he's not funny, he duffs it all over the course, and it's not enjoyable.

maybe i'm being an a$$hole, but it seems like a lot of these guys they show have vanity caps. there are some really terrible swings claiming mid single digit caps.

and can we start a petition to the networks to never again show berman on tv? it's not fun to watch. he's not funny, he duffs it all over the course, and it's not enjoyable.

Nope, I agree 100%! I'm sure there are a few that are legit players, but I'm calling straight BS on Berman being a 17 index. Watching him makes me think I should be around a 10.

Back