2016 Copa America Centenario thread...

I liked Lallas' comment at the break - if you are going to be bad be bad evenly, which the referee was.

Soooo much diving...

Both sides are trying out for Italian club squad positions.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also stupid that a tournament final is being played on a field of grass that was laid out over artificial turf, but don't underestimate a soccer governing body's ability to value selling tickets over anything else.

At least this game has opened up in the past 30 minutes, hope there is a goal in extra time and we don't see penalties.

It's been nice to see the spacing and game rhythm in the 2nd half

10v10 will do that
Yep, for spacing. I think the rhythm has more to do with the referee getting the memo at halftime that people didn't pay money to see him

Interesting to see Messi and Bravo talking to the referee here as captains, they are teammates at Barcelona.

What a stupid way to end a game, much less tournament

Nothing good comes with neck tattoos.

HOLY ****, MESSI MISSED!!! I can't believe it.

I love watching penalty kicks. Nothing like this in any other sport.

Good on Chile.

I want to give Messi a hug.

Really disappointed for Messi. He's had the weight of a Nation on him for a long time.

He's 31 years old in 2018, could be his last major run at a title for his country. That's crazy to think about since he's been the best player in the world for years, but he doesn't have a title for Argentina to show for it.

Not for a final game. That's just stupid.

Haha I was trying to be nice about it. Although it would just get stupid to watch if someone had to score since you can't make subs and people would start passing out or dying.

He's 31 years old in 2018, could be his last major run at a title for his country. That's crazy to think about since he's been the best player in the world for years, but he doesn't have a title for Argentina to show for it.
Just to continue the juxtaposition, same can be said for Ronaldo. Just goes to show how important a team around a superstar is.

The announcers for this game were horrible. Just completely ruined the match with their constant complaining about the match not going how they wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to continue the juxtaposition, same can be said for Ronaldo. Just goes to show how important a team around a superstar is.

Very true. But I'd argue that Ronaldo actually has less help around him than Messi does for Argentina.

Back