2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squats, bench press, power cleans and some chin ups last night. Up to one plate on bench, so I at least look halfway respectable there haha.
Power cleans were a bit of a struggle in the last sets, but I got them done. Definitely working my back out as I am feeling it this morning. Not pain or anything, just fatigue.

Saw a guy doing crunches with a plate in this hands with arms locked out in extension. When he would go to do his crunch, he would bend his arms, effectively not moving the weight at all. Head scratcher there.

Squats, bench press, power cleans and some chin ups last night. Up to one plate on bench, so I at least look halfway respectable there haha.
Power cleans were a bit of a struggle in the last sets, but I got them done. Definitely working my back out as I am feeling it this morning. Not pain or anything, just fatigue.

Saw a guy doing crunches with a plate in this hands with arms locked out in extension. When he would go to do his crunch, he would bend his arms, effectively not moving the weight at all. Head scratcher there.

Great work going on here. People amaze me at the gym sometimes. There hundreds of ab work outs, and people still stick with the crunch. There are literally dozens of articles explain why the crunch is bad for your back but people never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news no break, just a nasty sprain. Soft cast and some pain meds which I hate taking but should be able to lift soon. Was fearing 4-6 weeks off haha

Great work going on here. People amaze me at the gym sometimes. There hundreds of ab work outs, and people still stick with the crunch. There are literally dozens of articles explain why the crunch is bad for your back but people never change.

Including the United States Air Force!!! :banghead:

45 minutes of cardio tonight and the body feels good. Was really able to ramp up the resistance on the elliptical machine and feel like I can go full steam starting this weekend.

Arms

Arms

Did my 4 miles on the elliptical and did shoulder presses, curls, some other arm exercises and then worked up to a 10x225 bench set. Just kind of a maintenance night after a heavy week.

Nobody who can squat 855 needs a maxi pad on the bar
I wonder if he's ever actually put that up. Looked pretty ugly just stepping back lol

I wonder if he's ever actually got that up. Looked pretty ugly just stepping back lol
That dude has never squated that much. And most definitely never gone to depth. That's just my hunch

I wonder if he's ever actually put that up. Looked pretty ugly just stepping back lol

I think this answers your question.

[video=youtube;vFWg-M_smsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWg-M_smsk[/video]

Yes it did. And I was correct

Nobody who can squat 855 needs a maxi pad on the bar

I wasn't going to watch the video until I saw this post. lmfao.

I managed to do 4 more reps on each set of my overhead press. Next time I'm adding more weight.

I think my calf raises have more range of motion than that...lol

That dude has never squated that much. And most definitely never gone to depth. That's just my hunch
That's exactly my first thought as well.

Weird how I guessed that, on the nose huh?
Not surprised, there were some fairly obvious clues haha your pad comment was spot on for sure.

No gym tomorrow. Hoping Mother Nature lets me get there Sunday. Have chest and arms hypertrophy day left in the weekly workout.

Today was one of those days that I haven't had yet, but knew it would come eventually. Got to the gym and just didn't feel like doing anything. Felt sluggish and tired. I blame the beer and popcorn before and at the hockey game last night. Not the best fuel ever. Got my work in and glad I did. Squats, press, and deadlift today.

Today's sight at the gym was a guy doing deadlifts on one of the platforms, but he was turned 90 degrees to the way you should lift, so he was bouncing the weights off of the wood instead of the rubber....

http://youtu.be/CFs4oxEODKU

http://youtu.be/0nfpOlXAJMQ

Today was one of those days that I haven't had yet, but knew it would come eventually. Got to the gym and just didn't feel like doing anything. Felt sluggish and tired. I blame the beer and popcorn before and at the hockey game last night. Not the best fuel ever. Got my work in and glad I did. Squats, press, and deadlift today.

Today's sight at the gym was a guy doing deadlifts on one of the platforms, but he was turned 90 degrees to the way you should lift, so he was bouncing the weights off of the wood instead of the rubber....

Add 5lbs. (stock post when the lifts all look good)

What your head movement in your squats. Remember, pick a spot 5'-6' in front. I would like to see a little prouder chest.

Deadlifts look light for you. I like that. My only concern is that it looks like the bar is too close to your shins during setup. That may just be a camera angle issue. I have a hard time believing Brodie would let that slide.

Add 5lbs. (stock post when the lifts all look good)

What your head movement in your squats. Remember, pick a spot 5'-6' in front. I would like to see a little prouder chest.

Deadlifts look light for you. I like that. My only concern is that it looks like the bar is too close to your shins during setup. That may just be a camera angle issue. I have a hard time believing Brodie would let that slide.

Thanks blu. Proud chest is something Brodie pointed out when we worked in person. Should help keep everything tight through the rom.

bar position should be ok on the deads. When we went through it, I took a mental snapshot of my shoes and what I see. Luckily, it ends up looking like the straps are just past the bar on the side of my toes. Agree that the weight looks a but light. Brodie wanted me to go 10 or 15 lb increments as long as that goes well.

Not working out sucks!

Not working out sucks!

I hear you on that. I'd normally say storm is a workout, but it hasn't really been the case. The gym will definitely feel good next week.

I hear you on that. I'd normally say storm is a workout, but it hasn't really been the case. The gym will definitely feel good next week.

Yeah once you're in a routine and it becomes the norm, not doing it sucks. I just get this guilt like damn I should be doing it haha. Obviously with my hand being crap right now I'm not beating myself up but it's still a bummer. I'm hoping in another week or so ill be back at it. Praying I don't lose too much progress

Yeah once you're in a routine and it becomes the norm, not doing it sucks. I just get this guilt like damn I should be doing it haha. Obviously with my hand being crap right now I'm not beating myself up but it's still a bummer. I'm hoping in another week or so ill be back at it. Praying I don't lose too much progress

Ya and I've thought about using the hotel facilities but after putting in a 16 hour day, I just don't have it in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back