2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down about 12lbs since mid/late December. hopefully 2 more by my first checkpoint/goal next Thursday and then about 10 more by April. First couple weeks were rough but finally starting to see things turn and have results.

Pretty pricey but having a bunch of options would be cool.

Nice, I was actually looking at that rumble roller as well. Wasnt sure how intense it would be haha but after some heavy lifting I could see that feeling good (well bad but good). Wasnt sure how much id get out of just a flat one, ive never used one like that.

If it's firm, you will get a lot of use out of it. The softer ones to me don't quite break up the tension quite as well.

Pretty pricey but having a bunch of options would be cool.

Nice, I was actually looking at that rumble roller as well. Wasnt sure how intense it would be haha but after some heavy lifting I could see that feeling good (well bad but good). Wasnt sure how much id get out of just a flat one, ive never used one like that.

That's what I thought. I'm a pretty cheap individual, so I know I'd never buy them. But that's what my wife does, she makes notes of things I say through the year and normally surprises me with a nice gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought. I'm a pretty cheap individual, so I know I'd never buy them. But that's what my wife does, she makes notes of things I say through the year and normally surprises me with a nice gift.

Well then you need to start mentioning home gym items throughout the year hahaha

If it's firm, you will get a lot of use out of it. The softer ones to me don't quite break up the tension quite as well.
Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the info, ill probably grab something like the rumble.

Well then you need to start mentioning home gym items throughout the year hahaha

She is full on board for home gym, shoot I think she may want it more than me... I just have to get off my butt and either clean out the third stall of the garage or get on finishing the basement.

All of this foam roller talk. A topic I know nothing about

She is full on board for home gym, shoot I think she may want it more than me... I just have to get off my butt and either clean out the third stall of the garage or get on finishing the basement.

Sir better get on it!!! With the significant other fully supporting I dont think it gets any better. Seriously tho I know you travel a ton and it's hard, swear id help if I was closer dude haha.

All of this foam roller talk. A topic I know nothing about
Ive only used them a few times when I was in the gym in town last year but they did feel good. I want to use one more often

Sir better get on it!!! With the significant other fully supporting I dont think it gets any better. Seriously tho I know you travel a ton and it's hard, swear id help if I was closer dude haha.

I know man, that's what great about THP, 99% of the guys on here would help out with someone they barely know. And know you are more than welcome over here any time you're in west Michigan.

In all honesty, there isn't much I can do in the garage until spring when I can get the Patio furniture out of there. And with the basement, my wife and I can't really decent how we want the layout to me, we've gone from a bedroom, TV room, to a weight room, do we put a bathroom down there, how much storage do we want, etc. But I will be working at home working for a little bit so I hope to get some of the projects done in the coming months, and the gym done by Christmas.

I know man, that's what great about THP, 99% of the guys on here would help out with someone they barely know. And know you are more than welcome over here any time you're in west Michigan.

In all honesty, there isn't much I can do in the garage until spring when I can get the Patio furniture out of there. And with the basement, my wife and I can't really decent how we want the layout to me, we've gone from a bedroom, TV room, to a weight room, do we put a bathroom down there, how much storage do we want, etc. But I will be working at home working for a little bit so I hope to get some of the projects done in the coming months, and the gym done by Christmas.

We actually went through the same process. Ours is particularly finished but was used mainly for storage and our laundry room. We considered the bathroom idea as well but ultimately decided to just rearrange and that left us with half to turn into the weights area. Really freaking glad we did haha

So so workout today. Heavy squats today went well. Tough last reps but that was expected. Bench was good. Got a spot on the unrack which helped me keep my shoulders pinched back.

Power cleans were a train wreck. Warm up sets felt fine. At my working weight, I had a lot of pain in my elbow racking the barbell. Cut those short as I couldn't rack the barbell at all. Icing now. nsaids and ice over the next couple days. Have to read up on what could be causing this and how to fix it. Just frustrating.

So so workout today. Heavy squats today went well. Tough last reps but that was expected. Bench was good. Got a spot on the unrack which helped me keep my shoulders pinched back.

Power cleans were a train wreck. Warm up sets felt fine. At my working weight, I had a lot of pain in my elbow racking the barbell. Cut those short as I couldn't rack the barbell at all. Icing now. nsaids and ice over the next couple days. Have to read up on what could be causing this and how to fix it. Just frustrating.
Which arm? Inside or outside of elbow?

Ok. That's good. It's not biceps related, my guess at least. Just a hunch, do you know what tennis elbow and golfers elbow are?

Ok. That's good. It's not biceps related, my guess at least. Just a hunch, do you know what tennis elbow and golfers elbow are?
Sort of. Elbow tendinitis right? Golfers is inside elbow, right?

Yessir. 20 sets of however many you can do 20 times. All 20 sets don't need to be done at once.
That's what I figured. Squats shall continue!

Thanks for all your help so far blu

That's what I figured. Squats shall continue!

Thanks for all your help so far blu
If it is tennis elbow, it's going hurt you more than you can hurt it. It's very unlikely that you can do more damage.

You should be able to do both presses and deads.

Workout was kinda blah tonight. Think my body was a little taxed from the my workout the last couple of nights.

Superset
Weighted hyperextensions 3x10
Ball slams 3x6

Bench press 3x5

Cable rows 3x8

Toe raises 3x8

Was in the gym today for my least favorite routine: squats, OHP, and pull downs; my arms are always dead after this one.

Squats went well, progressed and felt good, weight was hard but got all 3 sets.

OHP sucks as usual; got the weight up but I felt like the last rep in each set I cheated a little by excessive hip thrust/rebound. It always feels like I'm not bracing enough for this one compared to other lifts, I wear a belt for my work sets and don't feel like I'm pushing against it at all.

Pull downs are never fun, but I tried a hook grip on it since I was doing less weight than my deads, and it actually felt pretty good, something to keep working on. By the last rep I was dead.

Back at it on Monday.

Today me an a co-worker did the daily body weight workout from 555 fitness. It was a partner workout and was 100 HRPU, 200 Jumping Jacks, and 300 Air squats between the two of us. When one was working the other holds a plank. We crushed it in 8:37 and as of right now are still first on the leader board. We were gassed after.

Was in the gym today for my least favorite routine: squats, OHP, and pull downs; my arms are always dead after this one.

Squats went well, progressed and felt good, weight was hard but got all 3 sets.

OHP sucks as usual; got the weight up but I felt like the last rep in each set I cheated a little by excessive hip thrust/rebound. It always feels like I'm not bracing enough for this one compared to other lifts, I wear a belt for my work sets and don't feel like I'm pushing against it at all.

Pull downs are never fun, but I tried a hook grip on it since I was doing less weight than my deads, and it actually felt pretty good, something to keep working on. By the last rep I was dead.

Back at it on Monday.
For the press, without seeing your press, I'm not sure if you have seen this video. It's good, probably the best for corrections I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back