2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mind if I ask what you went with? I was thinking of checking like Nike or UA but I don't want to spend a ton. If you found a cheaper but still quality option id definitely be interested.
Reebok's compression shorts are cheaper, I assume their capri (don't know what else to call them) would also be cheaper.

When you say 5-1, are you increasing the weight ever set and adding weight?

I'm confused what you're asking, but yes the weight is increased through every set. On every workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused what you're asking, but yes the weight is increased through every set. On every workout.

I'm sorry adding weight every set. 5 @ 95. 4@100. 3@110. Etc?

Do you mind if I ask what you went with? I was thinking of checking like Nike or UA but I don't want to spend a ton. If you found a cheaper but still quality option id definitely be interested.

I've got the UA ones, and I find them for about $12-15 on sale.

Reebok's compression shorts are cheaper, I assume their capri (don't know what else to call them) would also be cheaper.
I'm ok with the capri length, I usually wear longer socks anyways. I'll check them out.

I'm sorry adding weight every set. 5 @ 95. 4@100. 3@110. Etc?

That's correct for the EZ bar curls I went 5-95, 4-105, 3-115, 2-125, 1-130

OH DB Tricep ext. 5-65, 4-70, 3-75, 2-80, 1-85

You get the idea I'm sure.

I've got the UA ones, and I find them for about $12-15 on sale.

Perfect, that's not bad at all. Thanks!

eastbay has some decent compression gear, including pants, for like 2 for $25. I've got their compression shorts and shirts and they are good quality.

eastbay has some decent compression gear, including pants, for like 2 for $25. I've got their compression shorts and shirts and they are good quality.
I've still got a coupon there so I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up

Both. I have two pair of nike and one pair of UA. I'm going to snag another pair of UA.

decent day in the gym today for squats, presses, and pull downs. My brother bailed so I was flying solo, nut was committed to not lose focus like last time. Progressed on squats, which made me happy. Presses didn't go great,, and i ended up deloading a little to work on form. Pull downs went OK but I hadn't done them in awhile so I didn't progress but hit the same weight as last time and I was happy with that.

After the way deads went last week, I read the deadlift chapter in SS and learned a few errors I was making, and opted to work on my form with some light pulls today and it felt night and day different in a good way. I had been interpreting "chest up" to mean start with the chest but that's obviously not the case. Starting by pushing the ground until the bar passes my knees should help when I pull next.

So that just happened. Pretty fired up. 18 months ago it is not something I thought I would ever be able to lift.

12802726_10153341548215334_6484815725331345748_n.jpg

decent day in the gym today for squats, presses, and pull downs. My brother bailed so I was flying solo, nut was committed to not lose focus like last time. Progressed on squats, which made me happy. Presses didn't go great,, and i ended up deloading a little to work on form. Pull downs went OK but I hadn't done them in awhile so I didn't progress but hit the same weight as last time and I was happy with that.

After the way deads went last week, I read the deadlift chapter in SS and learned a few errors I was making, and opted to work on my form with some light pulls today and it felt night and day different in a good way. I had been interpreting "chest up" to mean start with the chest but that's obviously not the case. Starting by pushing the ground until the bar passes my knees should help when I pull next.
What's your press at? Did you hit 5 on the first set?

The pushing the ground away on the deads is good. Just be mindful that when you do, your hips don't come up faster than your shoulders. A locked in lumbar is critical here.

So that just happened. Pretty fired up. 18 months ago it is not something I thought I would ever be able to lift.

12802726_10153341548215334_6484815725331345748_n.jpg
#3Wheels

What's your press at? Did you hit 5 on the first set?

The pushing the ground away on the deads is good. Just be mindful that when you do, your hips don't come up faster than your shoulders. A locked in lumbar is critical here.

Got up to 125 lbs using more of a push press, and have been trying to get back to a legit press form. Hit 3 at 130, finished the other 2 at 125, set 2 was 3 at 125, 2 at 115, then the final set was 5 at 115.

Yeah, a locked down back was one thing I was doing wrong and something I focused on tonight.

Got up to 125 lbs using more of a push press, and have been trying to get back to a legit press form. Hit 3 at 130, finished the other 2 at 125, set 2 was 3 at 125, 2 at 115, then the final set was 5 at 115.

Yeah, a locked down back was one thing I was doing wrong and something I focused on tonight.
Also, one thing on presses that I struggle with is getting a big breath. For pretty much everything else I can get a nice full breath, but on presses it feels harder to breathe. When I get out of breath during, I can't stop and take a few breaths like I can with the squat, so it feels like a race against time to finish.

Progress to 135. Try for 5, take 3. Then hit two drop sets at 120 try for 5 there.

I'm working a new program tonight. Getting some more volume in this week and then intensity next week. I'm excited. Because I'm weird

Damn bro you are getting some reps in!! Looks like a quality workout to me, keep it up.

I just took my measurements to see where I'm at with the current program that my buddy wrote for me. In 2 months I've gained size in all parts of my body but I'm the happiest with the 1.25" in my chest and quads. Bench work and skwatts really paying off!!

Yeah! Gotta put the time in to get results. My end goal is 190 lbs (down 10lbs from now), so on my non-workout days I eat light with mostly protein and fat.

You're getting it done as well. Congratulations on the gainz!

You skinny guys and trying to gain size... I'd gladly give you some of mine.

Working solo today and time between work sets is too quiet for my liking.

Here's my skwaat max today:

fea74b693c077c8e755bf172d60e51f4.jpg

We can share in the giving! I have some excess weight I'd like to get off my torso! :bulgy-eyes:
Nice squat max btw (285lbs?).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get out for a run in my old stomping grounds of Central Park tomorrow!!! Gonna be fun!

Crit race in Tampa tomorrow night. That should be a decent workout.

How far is this race? Looks like a blast, as long as nobody goes down in the jam.

How far is this race? Looks like a blast, as long as nobody goes down in the jam.

Tomorrow night will be a 45 minute race. Race 45 minutes then 3 laps.

People typically go down. Elbows be thrown. People run in to others. It gets quite physical. I'll be off the front to stay away from that junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back