2016 Honda Classic

CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This week starts the Florida swing for the PGA tour, and the part of the schedule where some feel the tour really "starts". The field is pretty strong and will be headlined by Rory, Rickie and Phil. No Spieth or Day this week I believe, but IMO the field isn't lacking at all.

Last edited:
Love this part of the schedule..some good courses, strong fields and only about 6 weeks or so until masters.

Defending champion... Paddy Harrington.

You'd have won a ton of money had you put money on Paddy last year.

Defending champion... Paddy Harrington.

You'd have won a ton of money had you put money on Paddy last year.

I forgot about that!

Should be fun to watch. Phil is working up to a win , I think! Maybe this will be the week!

Me and this course didn't get along so well on the simulator.

I know for me, and probably 40 other THP'ers who were at the Bridgestone Championshp two years ago, this tournament will bring back a lot of fond memoroes of a phenominal golf course, including The Bear Trap.

Excited for this one, looking forward to seeing the course again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm heading down to sunny Palm Beach Gardens tomorrow to see the tournament live this year. I've been to the Travelers Championship many times now but the fields really don't even compare, I'm excited to see all the big guns tee it up. I'll be there at least Thursday and Sunday to catch the action, I'll try and post some pictures from the course.

I enjoy this tournament more now after having played and seeing first hand the types of shots it takes to get around that course

Love following this tournament; I think Rors gets the W this week after three 3/4 good rounds out west. Familiar track he's played well at close to his house.

I think I will change my avatar in honor of my time there with some awesome THPers in 2014. I love watching this tourney having been through The Bear Trap.

Excited for this one, looking forward to seeing the course again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same. One of my favorite rounds ever was there, with THP'ers....you were there! Hahaha

Same. One of my favorite rounds ever was there, with THP'ers....you were there! Hahaha

Haha that round was an absolute blast, and this guy!

798dca5bab8f30087f938e01699cffd7.jpg

YES!!!! The Bear Trap Ninja!

Dude was a badass. Couldn't make a birdie putt to save his ass that day though.

Love this tournament. Can't wait to relive it on tv!

That sunday round was a blast. Jank throwing those birdies was fun watch

I think I will change my avatar in honor of my time there with some awesome THPers in 2014. I love watching this tourney having been through The Bear Trap.

Something about the Florida swing. It usually means the weather is about to break. The events themselves have a different feel. Tour players are tuning up for The Masters or still trying to earn a spot. IMO Florida swing kicks off the season for me.

I love PGA National, will always be a special place to Nerfny and I. Florida swing people! The real start to the tour as we begin the run up to The Masters.

This one is always fun to watch knowing a bunch of THPers played this course.

I love PGA National, will always be a special place to Nerfny and I. Florida swing people! The real start to the tour as we begin the run up to The Masters.
What about our 98?

Looking forward to hanging out with jhstew1 and Hbirdman80 on Friday. My company is sponsoring a tent on #17 which last year was a pretty good party. Free drink tickets from old ladies FTW!!

That sunday round was a blast. Jank throwing those birdies was fun watch

I peaked early. One of my more memorable and enjoyable rounds I have ever played.

Yes, I know this was 2 years ago, and yes, I know he didn't win that year. But I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday and just had to watch it over and over, this is Rory McIlroy's 2nd shot on the 72nd hole that year. It's one of the best shots by any pro in recent memory.

Back