Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP_2154-L.jpg

THP_2153-L.jpg

THP_2151-L.jpg

THP_2150-L.jpg

This is the only M line club that I don't like the looks of. The top just doesn't look right. Seems like not enough surface area to pull off the white/black color scheme.

This is an awesome looking club! Would be a great addition to my bag to replace my Jetspeed 3w. I have the 2016 M1 driver and love it. Taylormade just makes solid woods and am looking to upgrade my 3w and 5w, but gonna have to wait due to saving money to get out of the Navy in a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I looked at this baby long and hard the other day at the golf shop, had I not had to get somewhere I would have settled into the testing bay and got some swings in! This thing looks great to me, I can't wait to hear how it performs!

Looks good, curious how it performs vs its 2016 counterpart.

• Admin
This is the only M line club that I don't like the looks of. The top just doesn't look right. Seems like not enough surface area to pull off the white/black color scheme.

Someone said that to me yesterday at the range during testing. I will say the cliche that it looks better in person rings true here as well. This gentlemen insisted that the framing of the ball was heel biased and did not like how the white was raised. Different strokes.

Someone said that to me yesterday at the range during testing. I will say the cliche that it looks better in person rings true here as well. This gentlemen insisted that the framing of the ball was heel biased and did not like how the white was raised. Different strokes.

It's funny, to me looking at the third photo I'd say it would be toe biased if any. In reality, it's equal. Just funny how the eye sees what you've already thought and assumed.

I agree with the it looks better in person thing on this one. I happened to quite enjoy the look of this compared to the M1 side by side.

2017 TaylorMade M2 Hybrid

I like the looks overall, but I can see where the head does appear to draw the alignment of the ball more toward the heel. That's just based off of these pictures though.

That looks really clean.

Haha they are all heel biased until you get at the proper angle. If you remember that conversation.

From looking at the overhead shot of the club I can see why the comment was made, but that could also be due to the angle of the club when the picture was taken

Disclaimer - I have not actually looked at one of these in person so have nothing else to base my comment on, although my pro shop will have some of these in as the pro is an authorised TM fitter

Haha they are all heel biased until you get at the proper angle. If you remember that conversation.

Sure do.
Remember the first time we saw 2135 and it was explained and it was like "WTF, Im screwed from here on out".

Sure do.
Remember the first time we saw 2135 and it was explained and it was like "WTF, Im screwed from here on out".

Exactly. Pictures tend to make it look one way, but get it set up for a shot and it's normal.

Exactly. Pictures tend to make it look one way, but get it set up for a shot and it's normal.

I actually had a conversation about this exact thing (and club) with a shaft person yesterday. We weren't talking about shafts however, but club heads and he was talking about how high he holds his hands comparatively to me, which I hold low and because of that, how different some alignments can look and he was referencing this exact club.

To me it sets up pretty square.

To me the entire M line looks fantastic. Heel bias/ toe bias - some guys are a lot more scientific and detail oriented than me. I just line up, swing and hope it goes forward and gets off the ground. I like the profile, but am about to give up on hybrids entirely as I get better results from FWs and irons.

Would you consider this a mid-launch hybo? Does the lack of adjustability bother you in any way? With you not settling down on a pair of irons yet, that extra bit of adjustment may come in handy for gapping.

My first thought about the top was a black and white cookie or a half moon cookie if your from Utica New York.

Looks wise I like it, yes seems like the top is missing something (without the carbon just looks off) But I definitely wanna give this a hard look.

I do love the way this club looks, and the way it sets up.

Some people have phobias of spiders, heights, etc.. Me, I can't make consistent solid contact with a hybrid; though I know it's all in my head.

I do agree that the top does have a bit of an off look to me. but in person looks better than in those amazing pictures JB Took.

On the other hand, I would ask if the purpose of the black dipping into the white to show where to line up the ball?

But I would say its still a great overall looking club. a guy at the range had them and was hitting them ridiculously high.

I do agree that the top does have a bit of an off look to me. but in person looks better than in those amazing pictures JB Took.

On the other hand, I would ask if the purpose of the black dipping into the white to show where to line up the ball?

But I would say its still a great overall looking club. a guy at the range had them and was hitting them ridiculously high.

I have seen it in person, prefer the M1 all black greatly. All personal preferences.

I do love the way this club looks, and the way it sets up.

Some people have phobias of spiders, heights, etc.. Me, I can't make consistent solid contact with a hybrid; though I know it's all in my head.

Jim Right there with you on the whole hybrid thing.

So what did I do, of course I went and got some hybrids and bagged em so I can see if I can hit them on the course. LOL

On the Range I am hitting them really good which is a shocker for me, straight and great launch. so I gotta see if on the "Real Deal" Grass I can hit them as well as I do on the "Made For" Turf.

I have seen it in person, prefer the M1 all black greatly. All personal preferences.

I do not disagree with you there. These looks wise don't do it for me, but they do look better in person than in pictures. Agree with you the M1 in all black def looks way better.

Played my first round back with it on Saturday and it's a solid, straight shooter but the sound is odd. It doesn't feel pure or crisp, hard to describe but it just doesn't appeal to me despite good results with the club on a few shots.

Jim Right there with you on the whole hybrid thing.

So what did I do, of course I went and got some hybrids and bagged em so I can see if I can hit them on the course. LOL

On the Range I am hitting them really good which is a shocker for me, straight and great launch. so I gotta see if on the "Real Deal" Grass I can hit them as well as I do on the "Made For" Turf.
Oh yes, In the past year I've owned (several each) Titleist, TaylorMade, Exotics hybrids, today I own a Hogan VKTR hybrid. I try hitting them all the time and just can't. I think I expect too much from them, or maybe I'm using the wrong shafts, or maybe I'll never hit them with confidence; who knows.

With that said, I do like the way both the M1 and M2 sets up and I'll be willing to guess that I'll own one of those soon...I'm sure I'll be spending more buckage soon - haha!

Back