2018 Morgan Cup Travel Thread

5pm Sunday to Jax is going to be tight. The airport is 45 minutes to an hour away. Rental car return takes time as well. We tee off at 10:30-10:50 on Sunday.

Figure best case scenario is done by 3pm. Shower and head out you could make it. It’s going to be tight though.

So I’d figure it would be the same issue with leaving from DAB at 5:11pm, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked a flight just a while ago. I land in the afternoon on Wednesday at Jacksonville, going to try and play Thursday somewhere (haven’t booked a room anywhere yet) on Thursday and then play again Friday before the festivities begin. If anyone is up for some Thursday and or Friday let me know. Heck I may try to squeeze some time in Wednesday since good ole daylight savings will be back up and running!!!

Hey Kyle...I'm up for Rounds Thursday and Friday. Let's see what other interest there is as well to coordinate more of the guys. We have lots of time beforehand to organize.

So I’d figure it would be the same issue with leaving from DAB at 5:11pm, right?

Is that Daytona? That is a shorter distance and a small airport so you don’t need a ful 90 minutes. But being there by 3:30-4 is going to be a real stretch.

Is that Daytona? That is a shorter distance and a small airport so you don’t need a ful 90 minutes. But being there by 3:30-4 is going to be a real stretch.

Thanks. I think I found another flight that might actually work out better.

5pm Sunday to Jax is going to be tight. The airport is 45 minutes to an hour away. Rental car return takes time as well. We tee off at 10:30-10:50 on Sunday.

Figure best case scenario is done by 3pm. Shower and head out you could make it. It’s going to be tight though.

I'll should be OK, I forget my flight is domestic so I don't need a 2 hour lead time, first leg thru Atlanta and doesn't depart until 7:30 from JAX. How's that sound JB for time?

I'll should be OK, I forget my flight is domestic so I don't need a 2 hour lead time, first leg thru Atlanta and doesn't depart until 7:30 from JAX. How's that sound JB for time?

7:30pm means leave by 4:30pm should be okay. You are going to have to watch the clock, but we will get you out of there on time if we are running behind.

So I’m a newbie golf event traveler. Do the golf bags inside their own travel case usually exceed 50 pounds?

I’m fine with it if they are (kinda have to be!) but I was just curious.

So I’m a newbie golf event traveler. Do the golf bags inside their own travel case usually exceed 50 pounds?

I’m fine with it if they are (kinda have to be!) but I was just curious.

Not necessarily. Just a golf bag, clubs and your travel bag will not exceed.

7:30pm means leave by 4:30pm should be okay. You are going to have to watch the clock, but we will get you out of there on time if we are running behind.

Thanks JB, unfortunately this was latest flight of the day to get to Toronto before their midnight landing curfew kicks in. I have TAS Preferred status as well so usually get through quick. I'll have to see if they have baggage tagging at the curb on the night of departure but should be OK.

Not necessarily. Just a golf bag, clubs and your travel bag will not exceed.

Sweet. I think I have my flight picked out. Should be in JAX around 2:30pm Thursday and depart that Sunday around 7:25pm

I can arrive earlier and split any hotels/car rentals on Thursday and early Friday. If folks are going to try to get a practice round in I will book based off of that....if not I will try and arrive at a reasonable time to allow for preparing for the start of this awesome event.

Thanks

Im from Hannibal, Mo......o wait wrong travel thread lol Dang it!

Hey guys,

Just so you all know. Daytona is the closest airport, its about 30 min away. Jacksonville is about 45 min.

just a FYI.

I just want to throw this out there....if possible stick around rather than having to blaze a trail straight to the airport after this thing is over. Some of the best memories are of the celebration and camaraderie after the event is over.

Let me just dream for a second here.....what are the chances of locking in TPC Sawgrass for a round with a bunch of Morgan Cuppers prior to this thing kicking off? It'll be the week right after the Players so the place might not even be open.....anyone have insight on that?

I just want to throw this out there....if possible stick around rather than having to blaze a trail straight to the airport after this thing is over. Some of the best memories are of the celebration and camaraderie after the event is over.

Let me just dream for a second here.....what are the chances of locking in TPC Sawgrass for a round with a bunch of Morgan Cuppers prior to this thing kicking off? It'll be the week right after the Players so the place might not even be open.....anyone have insight on that?

There are TONS of great courses in the area. Amelia Island is close by. So is the HOF. Lots of great choices and while Sawgrass has the tour appeal, playing right after the tour event, might not be the best idea conditions wise : )

There are TONS of great courses in the area. Amelia Island is close by. So is the HOF. Lots of great choices and while Sawgrass has the tour appeal, playing right after the tour event, might not be the best idea conditions wise : )

Good point. Personally I wouldn't mind getting an early look at Hammock Beach since we'll be right there and the place looks amazing!

I will NEVER forgot my first THP event hanging with the guys in the parking drinking some cold ones and bsing.......great call here. I might book a hotel for Sunday night and fly out Monday with this in mind. I am 100% for a practice round wherever and will fly in early for that and get a hotel Thursday as I believe Friday and Saturday we are all staying together?

I will NEVER forgot my first THP event hanging with the guys in the parking drinking some cold ones and bsing.......great call here. I might book a hotel for Sunday night and fly out Monday with this in mind. I am 100% for a practice round wherever and will fly in early for that and get a hotel Thursday as I believe Friday and Saturday we are all staying together?

There is a Hampton Inn, that is pretty darn close to the resort. Hammock Beach is the only resort on the island, but right over the toll bridge, there are a few shopping centers and there is a Hampton Inn there if people want to go that route.

I'm looking at flying Thursday Morning into Orlando since Spirt round trip is only $130 from boston.

I'll share a room if anyone wants a roommate. I don't snore that often at least thats what my girl says.

I would be up for a Practice round.

There is a Hampton Inn, that is pretty darn close to the resort. Hammock Beach is the only resort on the island, but right over the toll bridge, there are a few shopping centers and there is a Hampton Inn there if people want to go that route.

Clutch info there. Thanks

I am thinking about flying in early Thursday am to Orlando and leaving early Monday am. I found non stop round trip for under $200. I might book that today. Anyone else coming into Orlando and want to do a similar schedule we can share a rental car?

I am thinking about flying in early Thursday am to Orlando and leaving early Monday am. I found non stop round trip for under $200. I might book that today. Anyone else coming into Orlando and want to do a similar schedule we can share a rental car?

i MIGHT....will be booking once I know the practice round info.

i MIGHT....will be booking once I know the practice round info.

Ottawa, let's plan for sure playing Friday....whether it's at Hammock Beach or not will be our only item TBD. So feel free to book flights accordingly.

So a 3 br villa for Thursday night at the resort for 338.67 (112.89 ea) if 2 others want to split that night let me know and I can reserve.

So a 3 br villa for Thursday night at the resort for 338.67 (112.89 ea) if 2 others want to split that night let me know and I can reserve.

I would be up for that....and can paypal you my share. That would be helpful.....thanks

Back