2018 Morgan Cup Travel Thread

So I’d figure it would be the same issue with leaving from DAB at 5:11pm, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dab is super easy to navigate

So I’d figure it would be the same issue with leaving from DAB at 5:11pm, right?

plus history shows thpers dont play 4 hour rounds of golf at events and it ends up being closer to 5 hours (maybe with rounding)

plus history shows thpers dont play 4 hour rounds of golf at events and it ends up being closer to 5 hours (maybe with rounding)

I just decided to book a flight for early Monday morning! Now I have no reason cut my first THP event short!!

I just decided to book a flight for early Monday morning! Now I have no reason cut my first THP event short!!

good call

So a 3 br villa for Thursday night at the resort for 338.67 (112.89 ea) if 2 others want to split that night let me know and I can reserve.

I am interested also. I booked my flight to get in Thursday am and fly out Monday am so I'm going to need to find accommodations for Sunday night as well.

So a 3 br villa for Thursday night at the resort for 338.67 (112.89 ea) if 2 others want to split that night let me know and I can reserve.

I might take you up on spot #3.

I’m in....thanks

Ottawaclo & Jimmy3864 were 1st in on the villa. I will book today gents.....Jimmy you're in charge of bringing Tim Horton's Donuts!!!

Got a couch to spare? Haha

I just want to throw this out there....if possible stick around rather than having to blaze a trail straight to the airport after this thing is over. Some of the best memories are of the celebration and camaraderie after the event is over.

Let me just dream for a second here.....what are the chances of locking in TPC Sawgrass for a round with a bunch of Morgan Cuppers prior to this thing kicking off? It'll be the week right after the Players so the place might not even be open.....anyone have insight on that?
Sawgrass is a Marriott property.....i can get a good rate there. Or just stay outside of resort for $95-140 nt with my rate codes

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

There is a Hampton Inn, that is pretty darn close to the resort. Hammock Beach is the only resort on the island, but right over the toll bridge, there are a few shopping centers and there is a Hampton Inn there if people want to go that route.
Is that actually in St. Augustin? My Marriott codes are just sick. Fyi

Ottawaclo & Jimmy3864 were 1st in on the villa. I will book today gents.....Jimmy you're in charge of bringing Tim Horton's Donuts!!!

I would love top but they might be a little stale by then as I depart Wednesday :banana:

Is that actually in St. Augustin? My Marriott codes are just sick. Fyi

No, Hammock Beach is not in St Augustine. That is 30 minutes away.

i guess never say never, but i don't think i would want to play sawgrass as a warm up round. like jb said, it's going to be right after the tournament so conditions will be rough. and as much as people love to say they played it in tournament condition, i have to think the price will be astronomical.

i would rather play at lpga, or get some scouting time at hammock. there are some holes at hammock that you can definitely use a little familiarity to help with shot selection. just my $0.02.

Everyone has been contacted via PM about this and it turns out Hammock Beach golf courses are both unavailable on Friday until 3:30pm (which is too late to still make it to dinner on time). Back to the drawing board on a practice round. Sorry fellas. I like the idea of getting as many of us together to play somewhere as possible, sounds like everyone was in on the idea of a round, let's find somewhere else to play. I'd say we should tee off no later than 10:30 (last group) so that we can be done with plenty of time to go check into the resort and clean ourselves for our dinner.

Jake, Check out LPGA. Fun course.

Everyone has been contacted via PM about this and it turns out Hammock Beach golf courses are both unavailable on Friday until 3:30pm (which is too late to still make it to dinner on time). Back to the drawing board on a practice round. Sorry fellas. I like the idea of getting as many of us together to play somewhere as possible, sounds like everyone was in on the idea of a round, let's find somewhere else to play. I'd say we should tee off no later than 10:30 (last group) so that we can be done with plenty of time to go check into the resort and clean ourselves for our dinner.

Thanks....did they say anything about availability and price on Thursday afternoon? Looking for a round Thursday afternoon and would welcome the opportunity to play one of the courses beforehand. If anyone is organizing a game Thursday afternoon, get in touch. As far as Friday, I am flexible, whatever the team wants, I'm in.

Thanks....did they say anything about availability and price on Thursday afternoon? Looking for a round Thursday afternoon and would welcome the opportunity to play one of the courses beforehand. If anyone is organizing a game Thursday afternoon, get in touch. As far as Friday, I am flexible, whatever the team wants, I'm in.

There is no way to tee off at 3:30 and be done in time for meet and greet.

There is no way to tee off at 3:30 and be done in time for meet and greet.

Thanks JB...I was thinking of Thursday afternoon.

Thanks JB...I was thinking of Thursday afternoon.

Gotcha. I can check, but its their member/member, so times are tight. Im sure late in the afternoon they would have times available though.
I would need a final headcount.

Gotcha. I can check, but its their member/member, so times are tight. Im sure late in the afternoon they would have times available though.
I would need a final headcount.

Thanks.....once you get a rate and approx. time please post as lots of guys arriving Thursday.

Thanks.....once you get a rate and approx. time please post as lots of guys arriving Thursday.

I can't get that until I have the headcount. Once we have a headcount and an approximate time the group wants to go out, I can see if we can make some room during their member/member.

I'm into JAX at 1:15 then down to the resort area or wherever a round on Thursday and I'm in for wherever for a round Friday before the festivities begin.

Back