2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

some trackman numbers from this past weekend. standard flash 3w, fuji atmos red 7s.

chs 96.0
ball speed 142.8
spin 3,303
carry 225.9
total 233.5
launch 11.0
smash 1.49

the numbers are fine, and the ball speed is right up with the others. but i wasn't swinging this as consistently as the others i tried that day. launch is as high as 15 and low as 8. aoa was more negative than the others i tried. just didn't feel as good standing over this one as others.

Why do you think that’s happening? Shaft issue? Shape of the head?

Hit this today at my lesson and this club is a winner in my bag. 10 yards further than Rogue and real tight Dispersion. My swing coach remarked like the Epic Flash Driver, how easy this looked to hit for me. Great upgrade!

Hit this today at my lesson and this club is a winner in my bag. 10 yards further than Rogue and real tight Dispersion. My swing coach remarked like the Epic Flash Driver, how easy this looked to hit for me. Great upgrade!
Which shaft did you roll with in the 3W?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am not a very consistent fairway wood player. With these clubs, even when I put a bad swing on the ball I am still able to get the ball in the air (even if not very high) and I really don't lose an awful lot of distance. These are probably the easiest fairway woods I've ever tried.

This showed up today too. I ordered with a HZRDUS Smoke 80g, it feels great at least swinging it in my living room. Size-wise it seems almost identical to the 816 Alpha it is replacing. I can't wait to get it out on the course

Any comparison between these and the Rogue fairways in terms of distance, forgiveness, easy to hit off fairway, launch (high or low)?

Any comparison between these and the Rogue fairways in terms of distance, forgiveness, easy to hit off fairway, launch (high or low)?

Simply put, in my experience, Epic Flash is a better in all of these categories.

Last edited:
I am not a very consistent fairway wood player. With these clubs, even when I put a bad swing on the ball I am still able to get the ball in the air (even if not very high) and I really don't lose an awful lot of distance. These are probably the easiest fairway woods I've ever tried.
I would agree with that 100%. I have hit some not so great shots and think that it's probably not gonna go that far or I'm going to lose a lot of distance and then I get up to the ball and realize it has went farther than expected.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They put the align grip on about 15º crooked :banghead:. Going to need to get it fixed.

This showed up today too. I ordered with a HZRDUS Smoke 80g, it feels great at least swinging it in my living room. Size-wise it seems almost identical to the 816 Alpha it is replacing. I can't wait to get it out on the course

haha I thought you were in the driver thread for a second, I was about to say!!!

Had no plans to go 5W or HW in the Flash, but a HW turned down to 19* sounds fun...

Proud new owner of a 7W. 225ish on average on the monitor today, with some freaky long ones sprinkled in. Very easy to hit. There are a bunch of spots on my home course, as well as on a course where I play an annual tourney with friends, where a 220 fairway finder slots in perfectly.

7w at 225 :shock:

After the shootout at the range today it is looking likely I’ll be playing the Alpha 816 another season.

I can’t hit a fade to save my life but this just wants to go right on me. Starts off on almost the exact same trajectory just right of target, the 816 draws back to center and the EF takes a hard right. Not sure what to think.

I can’t wait to hit these next week in Mexico! These have the best stock head covers!

6889425aaeaa9ada489454876659f60d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this fairway! The accuracy is ridiculous for me.
First 3 off a low tee.
Last 2 off the deck.

86ce76d4c224a7cf6f3077f37ac62c20.jpg

I love this fairway! The accuracy is ridiculous for me.
First 3 off a low tee.
Last 2 off the deck.

86ce76d4c224a7cf6f3077f37ac62c20.jpg

Gotta love those numbers!

I may have to trade my two Rogue FWs in on a Flash 3W. I had no plans on doing anything to the top of the bag this year, but the Rogues never did much for me, and I was really surprised by the Flash I hit a couple weeks ago. Probably look at a Rogue X 3H to replace the Heavenwood. I never did hit that thing well at all.

I may have to trade my two Rogue FWs in on a Flash 3W. I had no plans on doing anything to the top of the bag this year, but the Rogues never did much for me, and I was really surprised by the Flash I hit a couple weeks ago. Probably look at a Rogue X 3H to replace the Heavenwood. I never did hit that thing well at all.

This is exactly what I did last Friday! Traded Rogue 4 wood and Heavenwood. With 50% Loyalty bonus I get $150 per club ($300). New Epic Flash 3 wood cost was $331 ($299 + tax).

After the shootout at the range today it is looking likely I’ll be playing the Alpha 816 another season.

I can’t hit a fade to save my life but this just wants to go right on me. Starts off on almost the exact same trajectory just right of target, the 816 draws back to center and the EF takes a hard right. Not sure what to think.

Just saw this. Did you try the D setting?

Just saw this. Did you try the D setting?

Yeah I had both this and the Alpha set at D+1. Epic Flash is ending up 40+ yards right of Alpha 816. Huge push slice where the 816 is somewhere between slight push and a draw.

I'm kind of baffled by it because my miss is a hook.

Pulled the trigger on a 3W. Had to take advantage of the trade-in bonus with two Rogue fairways sitting in my backup bag. I hooked the heck out of my Rogue 3W, so I hope that changes here. But I'm most excited about having an adjustable 3W to take on the glued hosel EX 10 Beta.

Anyone pickup the Heavenwood? Or test it versus the 5W?

Quick question; If I wanted to use a different shaft. I would have to change to the new adapter rather than the last years adapter, correct?

Back