2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Got to test the 5w and seeing 225 carry has me excited to get one in the bag and battle against BB hybrid for a spot in the final 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried a demo SZ 3W yesterday. Wow!! I was almost getting driver numbers with that thing! One of those with a 5w shaft would be deadly for me!

any particular reason the sz doesn't have the flash design on the face of the club while the non sz fairway does?

I think the Callaway GI line has always had a grooveless face on it, while the "players" line has had real grooves. That's at least back to the Razr Fit days.

Any thoughts on whether the 3W or 5W would be the best replacement for a Rogue 4W?

I only used my Flash SZ 3 times today, but overall it continues to be the best fairway wood I've ever used.
1) Tee shot on a 380 par 4. Blistered a tight fade around the dogleg left and had a PW approach remaining.
2) Approach to a par 5 from 253. Had 15 ft for eagle from front fringe.
3) Approach to a par 5 from 265 out of a fairway bunker...I straight topped it. Somehow it got out. Admittedly it was a terrible shot selection since I was actively worried about damaging my club. Won't be doing that again.

The sound/feel is absolutely perfect off this thing. The flight is awesome. Pretty standard launch for a 15* 3 wood, but it just seems to climb to such a high peak. Very addicting to hit.

3 wood and Heavenwood has cleared customs. Just in time for 30° high temps. :bulgy-eyes:

3 wood and Heavenwood has cleared customs. Just in time for 30° high temps. :bulgy-eyes:

Same set up I’m going with. I can’t wait to get it all ordered.

Got my 3 Wood yesterday and took it with me to my Iron fitting at Club Champion.

I like it!

Just seems like I can it to the left where the Rogue faded back to center.
Like the looks of the head and on my part, the HZDRUS YELLOW is a perfect match.

Heavenwood and 7 Wood are next I think....

BTW General Service Announcement: Watch out for the Insert on the headcover that designates what loft that club is.
Its an 4 sided piece. It will fall out if you don't either glue it in or put a piece of tape at the bottom.
I tried to get just the insert from Callaway with no luck.

BTW General Service Announcement: Watch out for the Insert on the headcover that designates what loft that club is.
Its an 4 sided piece. It will fall out if you don't either glue it in or put a piece of tape at the bottom.

The same ones that came on the Rogues, Mark?

If it’s a rogue headcover I’ll send you a new headcover with the tags.

If it’s a rogue headcover I’ll send you a new headcover with the tags.

Thanks, I actually have extra Rogues.
I ran in to trouble when the Tags started to come out of my Grandaddy headcovers so I got some extra Headcovers with tags from CPO.
Then I Crazy Glued them in- The come out no more.

I see the Flash 3w is 180cc while the Rogue 3w was only 171cc. I'm trying to remember from the original Epic but is there a bit more face area with the larger cc in the Epic line?

I've struggled with hitting my Rogue 3w even thought I've been happy w/ my driver so if the forgiveness is better I'm thinking the Flash 3w might go into my bag.

I see the Flash 3w is 180cc while the Rogue 3w was only 171cc. I'm trying to remember from the original Epic but is there a bit more face area with the larger cc in the Epic line?

I've struggled with hitting my Rogue 3w even thought I've been happy w/ my driver so if the forgiveness is better I'm thinking the Flash 3w might go into my bag.

The GBB Epic 3 wood was 177cc and SZ was 159cc for 15° #3 wood.

tried the standard flash fairway today in a few different setups. it was ok, didn’t love the feel or height. and head to head it was destroyed by both m5 and m6 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tried the standard flash fairway today in a few different setups. it was ok, didn’t love the feel or height. and head to head it was destroyed by both m5 and m6 for me.

Too much height or little height?

Too much height or little height?

he didn’t send me the trackman numbers for everything, just the clubs we landed on. i’ll see what i can get.

it didn’t feel as good. it didn’t launch as well. it had worst dispersion. it felt worse. and i was much less consistent in my delivery. with the same shafts. so it was a no brainer. i was honestly pretty surprised, as i thought i would love it.

he didn’t send me the trackman numbers for everything, just the clubs we landed on. i’ll see what i can get.

it didn’t feel as good. it didn’t launch as well. it had worst dispersion. it felt worse. and i was much less consistent in my delivery. with the same shafts. so it was a no brainer. i was honestly pretty surprised, as i thought i would love it.

All’s well, not a biggie. Coulda just been one of those things where it wasn’t meant to be.

All’s well, not a biggie. Coulda just been one of those things where it wasn’t meant to be.

it was disappointing. i was expecting to crush it.

Used my 3w and 5w a few times during my sim round today, mainly off the tee. Distance Was a few yards longer and great tight dispersion. Got about 240-250 for 3w and 220-230 for 5w.

Used my 3w and 5w a few times during my sim round today, mainly off the tee. Distance Was a few yards longer and great tight dispersion. Got about 240-250 for 3w and 220-230 for 5w.
The smoothest swing I know.

Hmmmm, I really my Rogue SZ, but I do love what they did here with the EF SZ.

Back