2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

That’s direct to shadow box right there.

Normally I agree with Alex. But he’s wrong here. They need at least a few rounds on them. They’re pretty for sure, but they need to be used!

Let’s compromise and say, use one for a bit and shadow box the other. Deal?

For those PM Grind fans who dig the new Tour Grey/Blue JAWS look:

View attachment 8919140

Only $20 bucks in Customs to change the paint to "JAWS Blue." No charge to change to stock JAWS shaft and grip.

I may have done this yesterday... ya know, for those days you want to roll with 5 wedges and not 4.

Oh baby!!

I received a PM Grind 58° in my fitting and absolutely love it. It is kinda weird looking down on it at first glance, but grows on you after a bit. It is nice having that extra grooves up high and works great the you are in a really fluffy lie where the club could glide under the ball with out catching it. Works great around the green especially if the green is elevated.
I had them put the Recoil 95 F3 into my wedges so they would match my irons.

These things are magical. I've never had as much fun with a wedge in hand as I did this last year with my 60*.

My biggest decision for 2020 will be if I put these in play.

View attachment 8919179

The answer is yes, yes you do. They are begging to be played and then retired down the road and put in a display.

I didn't think I would like this wedge, but when I tried JB's at Mission Inn my thought process changed. Especially out of the sand.....I think that is where I think this would shine. And thick rough

I didn't think I would like this wedge, but when I tried JB's at Mission Inn my thought process changed. Especially out of the sand.....I think that is where I think this would shine. And thick rough
This rough or really fluffy rough it's great, that way is the club slides underneath the ball you still have a chance of catching some grooves.

The 58* PM Grind saved me a couple of times over the last couple of days. The best one was yesterday on a par three where my tee shot ended up in a free side bunker that was fairly deep. Open up the 58 and it came out high and I almost dunked it for the birdie. It hit the the cup at the base of the flag and bounced away.

@Nate @cwmonroe87 and @DannyLe couldn’t believe it didn’t go in.

after talking with Nate and Danny, they convinced me to put these in play .

1580674173575.jpeg

The 58* PM Grind saved me a couple of times over the last couple of days. The best one was yesterday on a par three where my tee shot ended up in a free side bunker that was fairly deep. Open up the 58 and it came out high and I almost dunked it for the birdie. It hit the the cup at the base of the flag and bounced away.

View attachment 8926223
Those are really fabulous

View attachment 8926223
The G Proto on the shaft is ?!

How many of you have played the HiToe and the PM grind?

I like the more classic shape of the HiToe/Jaws.

Did anyone feel the original didn't lend itself to full shots and the new version does? I feel like I don't hit the original PM the same distance as I did my previous Callaway wedges. For partial and bunker shots there is no equal but they seem to come up short on full swings.

Did anyone feel the original didn't lend itself to full shots and the new version does? I feel like I don't hit the original PM the same distance as I did my previous Callaway wedges. For partial and bunker shots there is no equal but they seem to come up short on full swings.
To me the newest version does everything better than the original. I couldn't get along at all with the original but I've been absolutely in love with the new model.

How many of you have played the HiToe and the PM grind? I like the more classic shape of the HiToe/Jaws.

Yes, I had a HiToe and the PM Grinds are much more versatile. If you're just going by looks... The copper finish is not my favorite and wears off and looks bad super fast.

That was the rap, but I hit nothing but great full shots (well, rarely a flub) with the OG PMs. I don't believe in gapping wedges to hit full shots so if it's the better play I do, otherwise a pitch with my A wedge is just as likely.

I 100% agree they are shorter on full shots then the MD3s I played until I replaced them all with PMs. But... Not for the same reasons that my Vokeys spun too much and got shorter the harder I hit them. My guess is the higher COG that I strike under on full shots with a square face, but catch when I play with an open face that I use everywhere else. I've just adjusted to using a lower loft on full shots because the PMs are do everything so well greenside. I play a 56 & 60 or a 58, and sometimes both the 56 & 58. So clearly gapping is not a priority with my short wedges. I'd add a 54, but I've always much preferred the 56° loft.

Cool to see all the high toes out now. Props to Karsten and Philly Mick for getting it going.

Never had big problems hitting full shots with the og, but agree it feels like it does everything a bit better.

I am in full ponder mode on a pair of these. Just need to decide on chrome or grey? 🤔

The grey is soooo good. But it’ll wear a little.

That's where I'm hung up. The grey looks awesome but I know it will wear and I'm used to chrome wedges as it is.

The grey on these doesn't wear as bad as the black finish on most wedges IMO.

That's where I'm hung up. The grey looks awesome but I know it will wear and I'm used to chrome wedges as it is.
I think with most non chrome / satin wedges, you just have to get over how shocking the wear is at first but it doesn't continue to be that bad ... like it's a sharp spike and then levels off as does the shock

i still think I would lean grey with these. It just looks so good. Maybe buy a practice wedge and a gamer wedge? 🧐

Back