2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I left my approach shot short on #1 today, about 10 yards short and in the rough. Pulled the trusty 58° PM Grind out of the bag and chipped in to save par. Had a couple other good up and downs, but #1 was the highlight of the day.

I used to hate it when I missed greens because chipping was such an iffy proposition for me - with this wedge, I'm confident that I can at least get it on the green, if not put myself in a good position for an up and down, almost 100% of the time regardless of the lie. It's given me so much more confidence in my short game, and is just fun to play with!

Last edited:
Had chip in from green side tonight for birdie. Just follow thru and ball ran out good. 58° degree is really good around the greens.

I hit a wayward approach shot yesterday and ended up on a rocky dirt hill in a waste area to the right of the green (and right of the cart path). Downhill lie about 30 yards away from the green, 5' tall bush in front of me, with the cart path and a grass knoll on the other side of it between me and the green. Laid the 58° open and gave it my best shot, cleared everything and ended up on the green about 15' from the pin. My buddy who always calls the PM Grind my "weapon" looked over and asked "58?". I nodded, and he just smiled and shook his head.

Here’s what happened to my PM grinds. Thanks to the greatest trip ever. My spot was won on how would you design your GD wedges. Told design and then said how great would a Roger and Roger conversation be Well my introvertness didn’t allow me to have that Conversation even though he’s the nicest man out there and helped the whole team. Little help from someone at Callaway got this done for me. I thank you.

Attachments

• 624F4C13-6CCC-4815-96E7-25E4C02B2B92.jpeg
    624F4C13-6CCC-4815-96E7-25E4C02B2B92.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 11DD0B4F-C31B-4A03-A25C-D823F0140609.jpeg
    11DD0B4F-C31B-4A03-A25C-D823F0140609.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
I had a couple good chips with the 58° PM grind again today. Just so versatile and easy to use.

I needed my 58 twice and twice it made saving par easy. Once forma. Green side bunker and another time from a collection area that needed the ball to elevate and land on the fringe and the hole was running away from me.

it’s hard to explain how easy this one is to hit.

Had several good up and downs with the 58 PM today, and holed a chip from the rough 8 yards off the green for a birdie.

My buddy asked to try it for several shots, and is now at home ordering one. On Saturday he had a shot from an uphill lie in the rough where he went right under the ball with his wedge - he played one from that location with my 58 PM today, pitched it onto the green 5 feet from the hole.

Hit a nice little flop yesterday with my 58 PM. Chipping/touch has been off for me for a bit, but it's nice to be building back the confidence to open it up and swing fast enough to carry it the required distance over a tree or a bunker.

Had several good up and downs with the 58 PM today, and holed a chip from the rough 8 yards off the green for a birdie.

My buddy asked to try it for several shots, and is now at home ordering one. On Saturday he had a shot from an uphill lie in the rough where he went right under the ball with his wedge - he played one from that location with my 58 PM today, pitched it onto the green 5 feet from the hole.
I got thr 58 PM grind because of you and love it. I had never even considered it before. This weekend another guy i play with asked to try it . Of course he hit it great and said he was gonna go get one. Third guy i golf with to do so since i got mine. Theres the Bill Walsh coaching tree. This is the Snowman wedge tree. Youve helped a number of guys wedge games including mine. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I got thr 58 PM grind because of you and love it. I had never even considered it before. This weekend another guy i play with asked to try it . Of course he hit it great and said he was gonna go get one. Third guy i golf with to do so since i got mine. Theres the Bill Walsh coaching tree. This is the Snowman wedge tree. Youve helped a number of guys wedge games including mine. Thanks again for the suggestion.
It's amazing how many guys/gals don't like the looks, but once they try it they realize is can be a perfect club which it is.

It's amazing how many guys/gals don't like the looks, but once they try it they realize is can be a perfect club which it is.
I actually love the looks of it. It's confidence inspiring to see that big ol' spatula down there at the end of the stick, looks like you can't miss! :LOL:

I actually love the looks of it. It's confidence inspiring to see that big ol' spatula down there at the end of the stick, looks like you can't miss! :LOL:
LOL so true! It's a great looking wedge. Never even considered a different 58 for the last few years.

Love my club but like many courses in the Northeast it doesnt have the greatest sand . The 58 degree pm grind has really helped me and im getting out of the bunkers better than i ever have. Played a course with great sand yesterday. In two bunkers and hitting out of them was so easy and i hit two great shots. Hopefully things are back to somewht normal by March so me and the guys can take our annual trip to the Scottsdale area. Cant wait to use it out there in some really nice sand. Never felt better about my wedge game. This club is amazing.

...Never felt better about my wedge game...
Huge +1 here. My up and downs have soared since getting this club. It's almost impossible to chunk it, no matter what lie I end up in. This wedge is like a cheat code for the short game.

3 sandies today and all because of the 58 PM Grind. It’s so reliable I actually look to see where the bunkers are and aim there in case I miss knowing getting out isn’t going to be an issue.

Last edited:
I love the 58* around the greens for the versatility but I don’t love it for shots over about 40 yards up to full swings which is about 80 yards for me.

I had some saucy shots with the 58 pm grind this week in Wisconsin. Couple times the guys couldn’t believe how shots stopped the way they did

5 up & downs with the PM 58° today, two of which were sand saves from wet, hard packed bunkers. This club is a rock star.

5 up & downs with the PM 58° today, two of which were sand saves from wet, hard packed bunkers. This club is a rock star.
That’s awesome!!!!

I rarely have a sand save so having a sandy birdie on a par 5 is almost unicorn rare. the 58* PM helped me pull that off on Friday. my playing partners were all over the place so no one even realized I made a birdie but I celebrated quietly in my head. :LOL:

I rarely have a sand save so having a sandy birdie on a par 5 is almost unicorn rare. the 58* PM helped me pull that off on Friday. my playing partners were all over the place so no one even realized I made a birdie but I celebrated quietly in my head. :LOL:
I think my 58* PM Grind is my favorite wedge of all time. I’m not in green side bunkers a lot but I don’t even sweat it anymore when I am. It’s honestly like cheating out of them. Kinda crazy! Sandy birdies are the best!

Holed a chip with the PM Grind 58° from the rough today for birdie on a par 3. Also had a couple other nice up and downs, including a sand save.

Back