2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Had shot from behind a green today that the ball always runs away from this pin placement and a good chance if not played correctly is will run 1/2 way to the side of the green. I was able to get the ball up with the 58° and it landed soft enough with enough spin to almost stop and just trickle down towards the hole. It stopped a foot away.
It is really nice having a versatile wedge like this and having grooves higher up on the face.

Had shot from behind a green today that the ball always runs away from this pin placement and a good chance if not played correctly is will run 1/2 way to the side of the green. I was able to get the ball up with the 58° and it landed soft enough with enough spin to almost stop and just trickle down towards the hole. It stopped a foot away.
It is really nice having a versatile wedge like this and having grooves higher up on the face.
It's given me the confidence to play around a lot more with trajectory and try shots that I never would have tried before. I just have to resist the temptation to use it for every single shot around the green, when there are sometimes smarter alternatives.

It's given me the confidence to play around a lot more with trajectory and try shots that I never would have tried before. I just have to resist the temptation to use it for every single shot around the green, when there are sometimes smarter alternatives.
I agree, and I don't use it to much around the greens unless a shot like today calls for it. My go to is the 50° Jaws wedge for most chips.
But it sure is fun to watch when you pull the shot off. :golf2:

My 58 is strictly a free side bunker club or from deeper rough. Today on a par 3 I pulled my tee shot left and it landed in the bunker that was about 20yds from the green. Ball below my feet and it wasn’t an issue. Open the 58 up, keep my hands low and it’s like cheating. Landed on the green leaving a decent look to save par. Confidence is sky high with this one.

Just bought a 56/60 pm grind and first testing was today

all I can say is wow, open face chips around the green with the 60 were nearly effortless

Got out with my custom 58° jaws wedge this weekend and while it shined from 60yds and in, its no comparison to the PM around the greens and for flopping out of the fluffy stuff. Might be time to carry 15.

Got out with my custom 58° jaws wedge this weekend and while it shined from 60yds and in, its no comparison to the PM around the greens and for flopping out of the fluffy stuff. Might be time to carry 15.
Didn't realize you missed many greens. ;)

I had been struggling out of our bunkers because of the inconsistency of our sand. Sometimes it would be just a thin layer over.clay. When i take golf trips and play in nice sand no problem but here i would struggle. Based upon Snowmans recommendation i went with the 58 degree PM grind. It has been automatic and i have never played better out of the bunkers. If that was all it did i would be thrilled with it. The unexpected bonus has been how good it has been out of the fluffy thick grass we get around the greens as well as flop shots. I just did.not hit those shots consistently before. Working on some fifty yards and in shots alrhough i have had great success with the Apex 19 pro combo A wedge from 100 yards and in. Couldnt be happier with the PM grind and ive gone from hoping for a good result when hitting those shots to expecting one. Cant think of a better way to express the confidence it inspires.

I had been struggling out of our bunkers because of the inconsistency of our sand. Sometimes it would be just a thin layer over.clay. When i take golf trips and play in nice sand no problem but here i would struggle. Based upon Snowmans recommendation i went with the 58 degree PM grind. It has been automatic and i have never played better out of the bunkers. If that was all it did i would be thrilled with it. The unexpected bonus has been how good it has been out of the fluffy thick grass we get around the greens as well as flop shots. I just did.not hit those shots consistently before. Working on some fifty yards and in shots alrhough i have had great success with the Apex 19 pro combo A wedge from 100 yards and in. Couldnt be happier with the PM grind and ive gone from hoping for a good result when hitting those shots to expecting one. Cant think of a better way to express the confidence it inspires.
Not a lot of highlights in today's mediocre round, but I was able to get up and down out of a hard-packed bunker that was almost like concrete with the 58° PM. Hit the shot to 3' and sunk the par putt. Those bunkers are usually skull city for me. I continue to love it on every lie from tight fairways to tall rough and everything in between, definitely no regrets spending the money on this club.

Definitely need to get some practice in with this. It seems to be quite different to the original one.
Thinned a few, chunked a few, the only thing that seems to be as easy as the original is playing it from fluffy lies and not opening it.
Really will need to get some practice in as it is quite an important club in my bag.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Omg I just wish I had gone to the range earlier with this. Spent an hour and a half practicing lobs and it was just so addictive.
Nice easy swings and double storey pin seekers over greenside bunkers with no roll. Oh it was so addictive.
Hit some from a variety of angles and lies and I think I have some good confidence now.
I really enjoyed my time practicing, way more than I thought I would. I think I may try do this weekly.
0ed761d6669651416c3d3413ab01552b.jpg

I had a chip tonight that I hit a low runner with the 58° PM grind, the two guys I was playing with thought I bladed the ball until after it hit the second time it stopped dead. Stopped so quick it looked like the G was going to come off the ball :cool:

Omg I just wish I had gone to the range earlier with this. Spent an hour and a half practicing lobs and it was just so addictive.
Nice easy swings and double storey pin seekers over greenside bunkers with no roll. Oh it was so addictive.
Hit some from a variety of angles and lies and I think I have some good confidence now.
I really enjoyed my time practicing, way more than I thought I would. I think I may try do this weekly.
It really is just such a fun club to play with. My game has always been 'just hit the simplest chip possible', but I love experimenting with different shots and trying new things with this club. It's nice to have different options available when you need them.

I only had one opportunity to hit my 58, and it performed well. An errant approach shot landed in a greenside bunker. the sand was pretty compact and the slope was running away from me. I just opened it up and swung away. The ball popped out nicely and while it ran out a little more than I would have liked, executing out of the bunker was never an issue. This is the exact reason this one is in the bag

Had 3 up and downs with the 58 PM today, including one I nearly holed, left 2" from the cup. I miss a lot of greens, so having a club I can count on like that is huge for me. It's so easy to hit that it's almost automatic.

Had 3 up and downs with the 58 PM today, including one I nearly holed, left 2" from the cup. I miss a lot of greens, so having a club I can count on like that is huge for me. It's so easy to hit that it's almost automatic.
I was struggling out of our bunkers . For whatever reason i never even considered these until you suggested them in another thread. I just didnt associate them as being easy to hit. I think i assumed they wouldnt be easy to hit because Phil is a magician with wedges and it didnt occur to me they would be this easy to hit and game changing for someone who didnt already have a solid wedge game. Again today i was just so happy with every shot i hit with them. Almost automatic is a good description for these. The guys i normally play with who know my wedge game have noticed and are asking questions about the wedge. Thanks again for the great suggestion . This wedge is amazing and every positive thing people say about it is accurate. .

I feel a little ridiculous bagging a PM 64, until it saves my butt time and time again. Over the last couple rounds, I’ve found myself on the wrong side of the green down a hill. I’ve used the 64 each time to just pop it up on the green, giving myself a good look to get up and down. And then today I missed the 17th green left into a really deep bunker, but I got out easily with the 64 and it rolled to 3 feet. Such a weapon.

I feel a little ridiculous bagging a PM 64, until it saves my butt time and time again. Over the last couple rounds, I’ve found myself on the wrong side of the green down a hill. I’ve used the 64 each time to just pop it up on the green, giving myself a good look to get up and down. And then today I missed the 17th green left into a really deep bunker, but I got out easily with the 64 and it rolled to 3 feet. Such a weapon.
I’m playing a 60 bent to 61.5 and love it

Used the 58 to hit a high flop over some trees from 50 yards after thinning my approach long. Hit right at the flag and rolled out to 20-25’. Such a fun and cool shot and the PM gives me enough confidence to think I can pull it off.

I carry the 58* PM grind wedge, and the high grooves are a life saver sometimes. It is great in fluffy lies in case you get under the ball to much and not as necessary to open the face as much. I had a short sided pin last night, fluffy lie and took a half swing and you could see the club glide under the ball but still catch some of it. Ball popped up and landed just about 3 feet short of the pin on the downslope and hit the stick but didn't drop. Made for a nice little tap in par save though. :cool:🏌️‍♂️

Yesterday I went to the range before my tee time and practiced with the 64. It was going well until I Thinned a few and then a couple more.
I thought about it and realised that I'm not keeping my head down long enough. Talk about rookie mistake. D'oh!
Head down for longer and my accuracy improved greatly. What made me super happy is that it transferred to the course.

I had a good time with the 58° PM grind today. 2 green side bunker saves. One bunker was DEEP, probably 8 feet and had no issue getting out of it.
Had one shot from right of the pin about 15 yards off the green and played it up to about 4 feet. It checked up more than I thought it would, but always fun to see a ball hit and hop and stop dead.

What a fun wedge...

I mentioned above I carry the 64 PM because I have a habit of putting myself in ridiculous trouble. I often need to hit a delicate chip or a high flopper. Well, on Sunday, with a slim lead in "guys weekend" tournament with my buddies, I clicked a tree off the box on a par 3, and found myself in the deepest bunker on the course. When I got to my ball, I literally had to look up; the bunker was deeper than I am tall. Fortunately my lie was fine, and I took the 64, put the ball forward, and swung loose but fast. Ball popped up, flew most of the way to the hole, and stopped on a dime. I had about 10 feet left for par. While I missed the putt, a 4 was a lot better than I expected.

Back