2019 Cut Golf Grey Golf Balls

I FINALLY got one of these balls to survive 18 holes (not the ball's fault...). The cover looks yellow-ish after all the dirt/mud/towel wipes but otherwise it looks fine. Way, way, way better durability than other Cut balls I've tried and I'm genuinely curious what they changed with the cover.

Small update on the single ball - it still lives and I think we are up to 24 holes. The cover has some dirt marks and is a bit discolored but it hasn't taken and damage that would take it out of action (still absolutely shocked on that). For comparison, my previous experience with the DC Blue resulted in switching balls roughly every 9 holes or fewer due to cuts from wedges or the like.

Long, durable, cheap. It may not be the best ball I've ever played but it isn't really that far off exactly what I'd expect either. At this price, what isn't to like?

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I tried their original 4 balls when they offered a sampler pack. 1 sleeve each of red, white, blue and grey. The red ball was garbage. I thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn’t hit them. But it turned out to be the ball. I couldn’t really notice much difference between the other 3 though. They were all decent.

I’d rather play Snell or Vice though.

I forgot that I took this picture the other day while on the course. This was the first real cover issue that I've noticed.

76d7b63d80f5ae7bcab283991d8de58f.jpg

On the flip side, Im still seeing really good spin on approach shots. This was from a 7 iron and you can see it settles not too far from its pitch mark.

759c7f1d8f04df6a75402b54de628865.jpg

I can't say that Im seeing any negatives in the distance department either. If anyone saw my post in the Flash driver thread earlier this week, I mentioned how I was getting some really impressive distance....all of that with this ball.

Oh and this picture below, I just like it.

5d319916241a53e4f0026cd9dcff6329.jpg

So I wrapped up a little short game work today and have to say I’m pretty impressed. They spin well. I had no issues with durability and they feel pretty good.

Dean, how are you seeing this ball perform in windy conditions? For me, other than a couple of just poor tee shots, I’m seeing some surprisingly good stability in breezy conditions especially on iron and wedge shots

Sure enough, I pulled my everlasting Cut Grey out for my round yesterday and I lost it on the first swing of the day. Tee shot into the sun and thick rough... The good news is that there will be a next owner.

Dean, how are you seeing this ball perform in windy conditions? For me, other than a couple of just poor tee shots, I’m seeing some surprisingly good stability in breezy conditions especially on iron and wedge shots

That is a trait that is very underrated.

That is a trait that is very underrated.

it really is. People never seem to talk about that, but it’s just as important as spin separation between driver and short irons. What good is a ball where you’ve hit your starting target line, made good solid contact, but your ball can’t hold its line?

My last round was up in the Adirondacks and it was pretty windy up there. With tee balls, it looked like I was getting a little higher flight that handled the wind "ok". For those that don't know me, know that I am a high ball hitter off the tee, so that's not completely uncommon for me to see that kind of performance. But like you mention, on iron shots and wedges, no real issues at all. I would club accordingly and things seemed to be just fine. I've been impressed with nearly everything this ball has to offer. I actually think it performs on par or better than the QST(which I played pretty much all of last year). Makes me want to give the Blue a bit of a shot to see if there is something I'm missing out on or not.

My trial sleeve showed up as I was leaving for vacation so I just got to try them this evening. I’m very impressed. Put them up against Snell MTB-X and Tour B-RX and I think I actually prefer the Cut Grey. Seemed pretty low spin off the driver and was longer than the other two. I didn’t have any issues holding greens. Felt good and it reacted how I expected off chips and pitches. I think I’m going to pick up a couple dozen to get me through the end of the year

it really is. People never seem to talk about that, but it’s just as important as spin separation between driver and short irons. What good is a ball where you’ve hit your starting target line, made good solid contact, but your ball can’t hold its line?

do you think the ball makes a big difference with that?

do you think the ball makes a big difference with that?

That or those who have put out seamless, or as close to seamless as possible without infringing on Bridgestone's patent, have done a damn good job of marketing.

Some pretty hefty bunker work and the balls still looked pretty solid. Coming from the issues people saw from the last iteration, I do not think anybody would mistake these for that. They also spin really well.

Brand new ball...one swing...one cart path...one poop stain.

3cc1849994026e8bc2386d89f15cbf41.jpg

I'm guessing I got an old batch...mine were sliced up from irons and wedges, quick. Other than that I liked the balls just fine, but man the durability was terrible.

Think I got an old batch? Granted I ordered from Amazon and not directly

I'm guessing I got an old batch...mine were sliced up from irons and wedges, quick. Other than that I liked the balls just fine, but man the durability was terrible.

Think I got an old batch? Granted I ordered from Amazon and not directly

I think you might have. Im guessing Amazon does not have the new stock in yet.

Got my 5dz yesterday. I’m playing a couple rounds this weekend so I’ll post more thoughts next week

Don't think much hold up to concrete :/

Replacement ball...two swings in to bunker. Out of bunker and find this...prior to this one Ive been happy with the durability.

f93c09b9a325d8f3782ef666c78077d2.jpg

Oh man, you're seeing way more wear than I am. Or, I'm just losing them before I notice the wear

Oh man, you're seeing way more wear than I am. Or, I'm just losing them before I notice the wear

Just today I am.

Played the Cut Grey ball today for about 9 holes and I was impressed with what I saw. It help up pretty good and I can see myself playing this ball in the future

Played the Grey during Saturday’s round. Lost my first one 2 holes in ? but the next one lasted the rest of the round. I really like this ball. It’s definitely lower spin which helps me off the driver. I didn’t have any issues holding greens. It feels good off every club. The only knock is it does seem to get marked up easier than others but I usually can’t keep one long enough for it to affect me.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
How are y’all finding the spin to be on partial shots and chip shots compared to the ‘19 Blue?

Back