2019 GA/FL Gethering, Valdosta, GA -- Kinderlou Forest 25-27 October

I was hoping to pull it off but I am out for good, just can't make it work. Sorry for waffling around guys.

I was hoping to pull it off but I am out for good, just can't make it work. Sorry for waffling around guys.
Damn...that sucks Jim. Hate that you will miss it

Sorry you are not going to be able to make it Jim. I know how much you enjoy the yearly gethering.

Packed up, gassed up and ready to roll early tomorrow morning for my 6+ hour drive. ETA puts me in Orlando near the PGA Superstore when it opens, so I may have to make a pit stop, as I have never been to one.

Looking forward to Live PD tomorrow night. And golf. But mostly Live PD to be honest.

@T0AD and I are Kinderlou bound. We have the steaks in the cooler, grills in the bed of the truck and we will get tots/fries after we play Stone Bridge.

Sean suggested that we use 18Birdies as there is a Tournament Mode. We can keep up with scores that way. And really as long as one person in the foursome has the app that is all that is really necessary, but the more that download it will make it quicker to input scores.

Reactions: J4U
@T0AD and I are Kinderlou bound. We have the steaks in the cooler, grills in the bed of the truck and we will get tots/fries after we play Stone Bridge.

Sean suggested that we use 18Birdies as there is a Tournament Mode. We can keep up with scores that way. And really as long as one person in the foursome has the app that is all that is really necessary, but the more that download it will make it quicker to input scores.
Stone bridge in Albany?

I actually should have typed Stone Creek not Stone Bridge.
Gotcha. That’s where I played most of my rounds this year. Very nice. Just a little bit of advice, keep your ball below the hole

Gotcha. That’s where I played most of my rounds this year. Very nice. Just a little bit of advice, keep your ball below the hole
Thanks for the tip!!? I'll be happy just to get on the green. LOL

Thanks for the tip!!? I'll be happy just to get on the green. LOL
Lol. I understand that. When you get there hit some putts on that practice green from above the hole and you’ll see what I’m talking about. They have been lightning fast all summer... Y’all have fun

Do we know what time we can start getting there to drop stuff off?

Do we know what time we can start getting there to drop stuff off?
We we have already unloaded everything so the condos are open if you need to bring stuff in. The bedrooms on the bottom floor of both condos have already been claimed. Upstairs bedrooms are open to all.

Made a quick stop in Orlando at the PGA Superstore. Didn’t need anything but found this old thing on sale.
657C6BFE-470F-4BB7-B871-714C30FAEFA7.jpeg198447D2-67DF-408E-BA66-326565E6A3A0.jpeg

Sorry for the dumb, skimming, rookie gethering question...was there a post about how to get to the condos or numbers? I saw one about a gate and door code, but not sure where I am going when I get there.

I’m on south side of Atlanta and about to head on down. I’ll probably hit the range at Kinderlou once I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the dumb, skimming, rookie gethering question...was there a post about how to get to the condos or numbers? I saw one about a gate and door code, but not sure where I am going when I get there.

I’m on south side of Atlanta and about to head on down. I’ll probably hit the range at Kinderlou once I get there.

4115 live oak circle is the address. And 4121. There are two residents condos. One is on the right one is on the left.

4115 live oak circle is the address. And 4121. There are two residents condos. One is on the right one is on the left.

Thanks John

I might have missed it but are tee times confirmed for tomorrow and Sunday yet?

Glorious sight!

9458160979ac952368c299baca80e285.jpg

I might have missed it but are tee times confirmed for tomorrow and Sunday yet?

First first tee times on Saturday I believe start at 11:40 a.m. Tee times on Sunday I believe start at 8:00 a.m.

Dinner is served.

20191026_192419.jpg

Congrats to Nick, the BigDill, for wowing the judges and walking out with the plaid jacket and enormous and totally irrelevant trophy. His excitement for the event, and ability to keep french fries in the oven under control, were instrumental in maintaing joy and happiness throughout the dinner session. An all around great dude with a super attitude, Nick has earned his spot in Gethering lore. New #1 lawyer in my book.
IMG_20191027_183140.jpgIMG_20191027_182935.jpg

Winners on day one, blind draw-total score, were DMoney and Jaxgolfer. Dustin also won closest to the hole on day 2.
IMG_20191027_183030.jpg
Grand booby prize went to just_hacking, and here we have all our winners in front of the famous put hole (which yours truly birdied today).
IMG_20191027_182916.jpg

Thanks to all for another banner year. Onward to 2020.

Congrats to the big winners! Another amazing Gethering!

I've already had an unscheduled nap on the couch. Another great weekend.

A great weekend it was even with my less than spectacular play. Big thanks to @T0AD and @Greg Kulbick for all the efforts to making yet another edition of The Gethering an awesome time!!! Looking forward to the 2020 Gethering!!

I had a great time this weekend guys. The course is a ton of fun, the townhouses are perfect for the group, and the group of guys was great. I enjoyed getting to play with a bunch of folks who I hadn’t shared the pleasure with before. It was a blast.

Back