2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

1. Pinehust gotta be 1st...love seeing people perform under pressure...or not.
2. Singles, no safety net here...it’s on you big guy. Buckle up!
3. Shamble because I love the teamwork aspect.
4. Best ball, even though you are playing your own ball you still are part of a “team” but def my least favorite.

Shamble and Pinehurst were my two favorites for team...and of course singles;)

Is someone throwing a little shade? :cool:

Pinehurst
Shamble
Best Ball
Singles.
I’m not a good golfer. I like to lean on my partners.

Pinehurst
Shamble
Best Ball
Singles.
I’m not a good golfer. I like to lean on my partners.

Partner can lean back pretty hard in Pinehurst at times though! Haha

Question for the group - all can chime in here. Of the formats we have played in the past, rank them in terms of your favorite. Best Ball, Shamble, Pinehurst (Modified Alternate), Singles

Singles
Shamble
Pinehurst
Best Ball

Singles
Pinehurst
Shamble
Best Ball

I enjoy singles.
Then it would be:

Shamble (it’s really fun to only play good shots haha)
Pinehurst
Best ball (no real reason as I like playing my own ball, but I like team formats more)

1. Singles
2. Best Ball
3. Shamble
4. Pinehurst
19783 Alt Shot

I am itching to go to the Grandaddy!!

We have gotten under 60 days finally!!!! Looking forward to meeting the last teammate soon.

For me my order would be:

1. Singles
2. Shamble
3. Best Ball
4. Pinehurst

Question for the group - all can chime in here. Of the formats we have played in the past, rank them in terms of your favorite. Best Ball, Shamble, Pinehurst (Modified Alternate), Singles

Shamble
Singles
Best Ball
Pinehurst

Sounds like a rematch might be needed one of these days...thoughts @jdtox and @JasonFinleyCG ?

Give the people what they want!

I wouldn't be against it thats for sure! That was one of the most fun rounds of golf I’ve ever played, many memories from that round to this day. Though I do like my record where it is vs Finley...undefeated 1-0 (5&4) :cool:

Least favorite is Alt Shot and its only because Team THP gets absolutely rolled in this format no matter what. Its honestly one of my favorites to play but if you replace it with Pinehurst its a whole lot better

Least favorite is Alt Shot and its only because Team THP gets absolutely rolled in this format no matter what. Its honestly one of my favorites to play but if you replace it with Pinehurst its a whole lot better

curious what you think the reason is that we tend to get rolled up so often in this format? do we put too much pressure on ourselves? are we just not used to playing the format at all?

i don't have a ton of experience with alt shot. when i played it in the morgan cup last year, my partner was @ChristopherKee and we only won because he played so darn well.

curious what you think the reason is that we tend to get rolled up so often in this format? do we put too much pressure on ourselves? are we just not used to playing the format at all?

i don't have a ton of experience with alt shot. when i played it in the morgan cup last year, my partner was @ChristopherKee and we only won because he played so darn well.
Zoo Crew skill level, experience on greens like Hideaway, no pressure on them...it adds up. Theres no room for error. If you compare it to Shamble or Modified Pinehurst you could have 3 or so bad shots as a team and still make par. Thats not the case in Alt Shot

I wouldn't be against it thats for sure! That was one of the most fun rounds of golf I’ve ever played, many memories from that round to this day. Though I do like my record where it is vs Finley...undefeated 1-0 (5&4) :cool:

I honestly think Pinehurst is way more fun than true alt shot. Both hit off the tee and both hit each others tee ball, then alt shot. I guess it does take a little longer to play but the fun level goes way up. If time is an issue at least a modified alt shot where both guys hit tee balls and play alt shot from the best one.

I played Alt shot with @ChristopherKee at the first Gauntlet. It was a ton of fun and we both made a lot of bad and good shots. By the time we got to hole 32 for the day, we all pretty much just wanted to be done.

Side note: we rolled our opponents, one of which was a Zoo Crew member. They are not infallible.

Back