Any Indianapolis Colts fans here? :D

@Sanzabar is and his profile pic is my favorite colt ever. EDGE! I am sure you can guess why by my profile pic.

@Sanzabar is and his profile pic is my favorite colt ever. EDGE! I am sure you can guess why by my profile pic.

Heck yeah, that's awesome. Edge is one of "The U" & Indy greats. Along with Reggie Wayne.

b23d682a6a9a9dd8a65d4b9b1d955ad3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you, they are probably going improve from last year, but does anyone see them winning more than 8-9 games?

I hear you, they are probably going improve from last year, but does anyone see them winning more than 8-9 games?

Absolutely not.

From a Fantasy Perspective I am super high on Baker. Dude shut me up and now has lots of weapons and gets the guy who hits women returning to the Dog Pound, how fitting, after 9 weeks.

The schedule...I see 10 wins to be honest.

From a Fantasy Perspective I am super high on Baker. Dude shut me up and now has lots of weapons and gets the guy who hits women returning to the Dog Pound, how fitting, after 9 weeks.

The schedule...I see 10 wins to be honest.

Baker has all the skills and players to be a top fantasy QB. However, you are paying a HUGE premium on him in redrafts and auctions. In a recent high stakes satellite league Baker was drafted 5th QB overall in the 8th round.

Understand, in high stakes league QBs go really late, so drafted 5th over the likes of Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and others will cost you.

I can’t see value on drafting Baker, but I do think he will have good numbers. You can wait and draft a Newton, Wentz, Rivers, Jackson, or another quality QB much later while stocking up on RBs/WRs is the way to go this and every year. Just look at the teams that drafted Holmes last year. You need late value on QBs. Too many with similar stats.

Baker has all the skills and players to be a top fantasy QB. However, you are paying a HUGE premium on him in redrafts and auctions. In a recent high stakes satellite league Baker was drafted 5th QB overall in the 8th round.

Understand, in high stakes league QBs go really late, so drafted 5th over the likes of Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and others will cost you.

I can’t see value on drafting Baker, but I do think he will have good numbers. You can wait and draft a Newton, Wentz, Rivers, Jackson, or another quality QB much later while stocking up on RBs/WRs is the way to go this and every year. Just look at the teams that drafted Holmes last year. You need late value on QBs. Too many with similar stats.

We re-draft every year. Each season I always load up on WR the first 2 or 3 picks and mix in a RB. Last year I took Goff in the 4th round without much hype and he was fantastic until fantasy playoff time, go figure.

The value in Baker is the offensive coordinator was here in Tampa and is all about the downfield passing. OBJ-Landry-Callaway-Njoku-Chubb/Hunt. Those are fantastic weapon and this guy just threw 30 TDs as a rookie. So I'm banking on the hype and progression in his Sophomore season to push for 36-40 TDs. Getting that from a QB is substantial and you can pretty much pencil in top QBs at 4000 yards passing these days.

Round 3/4/5 is where I target QB. We know the usual Top 5 QBs will already be gone. Just a matter how soon I want to pull the trigger on Baker come draft day because I am targeting him. I know targeting a specific player isn't ideal strategy especially if someone snags him before I do but I believe he will be available Round 4/5 still.

2019 NFL Thread

We re-draft every year. Each season I always load up on WR the first 2 or 3 picks and mix in a RB. Last year I took Goff in the 4th round without much hype and he was fantastic until fantasy playoff time, go figure.

The value in Baker is the offensive coordinator was here in Tampa and is all about the downfield passing. OBJ-Landry-Callaway-Njoku-Chubb/Hunt. Those are fantastic weapon and this guy just threw 30 TDs as a rookie. So I'm banking on the hype and progression in his Sophomore season to push for 36-40 TDs. Getting that from a QB is substantial and you can pretty much pencil in top QBs at 4000 yards passing these days.

Round 3/4/5 is where I target QB. We know the usual Top 5 QBs will already be gone. Just a matter how soon I want to pull the trigger on Baker come draft day because I am targeting him. I know targeting a specific player isn't ideal strategy especially if someone snags him before I do but I believe he will be available Round 4/5 still.

Yes, every draft is different. Drafting Goff last year in the 5th round shows how much value your league puts on the QB position.

I could see Baker pushing 36 total TDS passing/running with 4000+ yards.

But, you could get say Wentz or Newton two rounds or possibly later (depending on your draft position and owners picks around you). Both will have similar stats.

Draft a couple extra RBs and use the draft capital acquired to make favorable trades. Everyone is scrambling to get RBs in every league and more so in trading leagues of 12+ player leagues that are heavy on early QBs being drafted.

Most leagues I play don’t allow trading, so you are draft and pickup reliant.

Yes, every draft is different. Drafting Goff last year in the 5th round shows how much value your league puts on the QB position.

I could see Baker pushing 36 total TDS passing/running with 4000+ yards.

But, you could get say Wentz or Newton two rounds or possibly later (depending on your draft position and owners picks around you). Both will have similar stats.

Draft a couple extra RBs and use the draft capital acquired to make favorable trades. Everyone is scrambling to get RBs in every league and more so in trading leagues of 12+ player leagues that are heavy on early QBs being drafted.

Most leagues I play don’t allow trading, so you are draft and pickup reliant.

We do a 16 team league (I know). Been around since 1996 and it's nice. I took Bell Round 1 thinking he wouldn't sit the whole damn season and followed up my next 3 draft picks with WRs. Thomas-Cooks-Thielen. That's when I snagged Goff but my RB really hurt, I took Edelman next to stack up at WR, I then drafted Adrian Peterson but he fizzled out. Got lucky with Josh Adams for a game. Got lucky with Damien Williams for a few weeks. But overall Bell really hurt me.

Trust me. I live in Ohio and have not heard the end of how "good" the Browns are going to be. #eyeroll

2019 NFL Thread

Has the Baker Mayfield hype reached its ceiling yet?

I will post some fantasy drafts over the summer to gauge where players are going in real money drafts. But, drafting Baker before Rodgers and four and a half rounds before the next set of QBs seems like the cost is just too high on him right now.

73464c0a3ca2a61a121ca4cf4b2e653c.jpg

Do you all see any other interesting draft slots of players you have ranked higher or lower than the got drafted?

This is a PPR league, but 1.5 for TEs so they will get drafted early.

Ok, I am an Eagles fan and truly believe Carson Wentz can become a franchise great QB.

But.....
6021799de9d9c06066ba621033619826.gif

128 MILLION and 107 GUARANTEED!!!

Dude got paid like he won a few rings already.

Ok, I am an Eagles fan and truly believe Carson Wentz can become a franchise great QB.

But.....
6021799de9d9c06066ba621033619826.gif

128 MILLION and 107 GUARANTEED!!!

Dude got paid like he won a few rings already.

That’s some big money for 0 playoff wins

Here is online championship draft. Buy-in was 299. Grand prize 50,000. So, some decent players are usually in these.

First 12 rounds here. PPR scoring

See anything you find interesting?

b444e800e6d7991e98c20dfc281309a2.jpg

Here is online championship draft. Buy-in was 299. Grand prize 50,000. So, some decent players are usually in these.

First 12 rounds here. PPR scoring

See anything you find interesting?

b444e800e6d7991e98c20dfc281309a2.jpg

Yeah Mayfield went before Brady.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Adams at 7 is lol

Yeah Mayfield went before Brady.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mayfield will and should be drafted before Brady in fantasy leagues. He has much more upside. But, his value is not great. Drafting Brady later may be the better option.

2019 NFL Thread

Adams at 7 is lol

Adams is going to get the normal hype/push up the draft based off of last year’s number.

He did finish number 1 last year in PPR scoring with an average of 21.97 points per game. Only A.Brown was the other wr over 21 points. Also, with the uncertainty of Hill that pushes Adams’ value up a couple of slots.

Here is a draft for the FFPC Championship under footballguys. 6/9 draft. Buy-in 350

PPR league, but 1.5 pts for TE (tes go higher in these leagues)

f5c996d2035a46c6541de5c22cc2e8a5.jpg

Announced, HBO Hard Knocks will feature the Raiders one year before moving to Las Vegas.

With John Gruden, iconic fans, A.Brown, and a whole lot of dysfunctional people working for the Raiders, this could be one great show.

Back