2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Lowry alone at the top

Lowry with another dart.

Is it just me, or are these greens a bit soft & receptive for an Open Championship? I expected them to be harder like most links style courses.

@BuckeyeMark @Duffer Waldorf - Ah. Very good skills. :good:

I’m really coming around on Fleetwood’s game. I like his approach and how even keeled he gets.

Nice -4 by Fleetwood. Seeing him raise the jug come Sunday wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I like his game and his attitude too. Think he was a theatre major in school? His videos for the Ryder Cup were classic. Plus with his hair game he could be a MLB pitcher

Lowry with another dart.

Is it just me, or are these greens a bit soft & receptive for an Open Championship? I expected them to be harder like most links style courses.

Very soft and very slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 cuts missed in his last 14 majors for Woods. That doesn't even sound right.

I have enjoyed listening to Dame Laura Davies on the Sky Sports broadcast.

I'd like to see McIlroy make a charge to get to the cut line.

7 cuts missed in his last 14 majors for Woods. That doesn't even sound right.

He is the first Masters champion to miss the cut in the PGA Championship and Open in 20 years.

Lowry with another dart.

UK commentators said the greens were running 10.2 before the rain

He is the first Masters champion to miss the cut in the PGA Championship and Open in 20 years.

Now if he will just announce later today he's playing the WGC next week in Memphis all will be right with the world. He owes me after I got to the Open last year on Saturday and he'd already exited stage left.

The rain hasn't cooled Lowry off yet

2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

And he's just announced no Memphis.

Good thing I don't like him already.

Now if he will just announce later today he's playing the WGC next week in Memphis all will be right with the world. He owes me after I got to the Open last year on Saturday and he'd already exited stage left.

He indicated he will not be playing Memphis and wants to take time off.

Lowry with another dart.

A tendency of The Open is they take some edge off the course if they expect the weather to get really nasty. So pins will be a little easier to get to and the greens will play a bit easier. Yes, it means if they're wrong, or they find a pocket of good weather, players can go on a real tear, but if the winds get high while some of these courses are set up to play as difficult as possible, they might never finish a round. The R&A were criticized for the setup a few years ago when Phil and Stenson tore up the course on Sunday, but the R&A maintained that had the winds been what was forecasted, 6 hour rounds were in the offing.

I kinda prefer that view to the USGA's course treatment.

Good ol Shane Lowry doing work.

I’d live to see him win one. Plus I think he is Gunners doppelgränpa.

Fixed.

Seems like he's been off all summer.

going to be really nice watching the Open the rest of the way without constant discussion/showing of Tiger. "can he make a charge?" "Here's a clip of a great shot he made 20 years ago." instead we'll get to watch the guys WHO ARE PLAYING IN THIS YEAR'S OPEN AND IN CONTENTION. #joy

going to be really nice watching the Open the rest of the way without constant discussion/showing of Tiger. "can he make a charge?" "Here's a clip of a great shot he made 20 years ago." instead we'll get to watch the guys WHO ARE PLAYING IN THIS YEAR'S OPEN AND IN CONTENTION. #joy

Wait. Who are these "guys" of which you speak?

The JB Holmes disdain is so unique to me. Crazy long off the tee and has made it through not one, but two brain surgeries. Nice to fans and kids, signs autographs, does a lot with his foundation and his only knock is slow play. Yet others that are as slow and don't do those same things are heralded, so it's so confusing.

My knock on him is part slow play and part just rubs me the wrong way. I knew about the brain surgeries and his generous nature, but as a golfer I just can’t bring myself to route for him.

How long until someone changes the wiki pages to say the majors are the yearly tournaments everyone tries to beat Brooks Koepka?

Back