2019 PING G410 Drivers

This one feels like a miss to me.

The 400 looks quite a bit classier, and considering it’s > $200 cheaper at this point I’d be hard pressed to give this one a fair shot. The numbers would have to just be absolutely phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's where i am too. i don't see anything here in the tech story that is telling me why this is an advancement, and why i should spend that much money. one company used a super computer to design its face. another had to actually dial back the speed it created off its face. i see this as a miss, rather than building on the 400 line that was one of the better i've ever tried.

Is is a miss on the tech or is it a miss on the story of the tech? This is the first time Ping has had adjustable/moveable weighting. Ping said previously that it didn’t feel the technology was advanced enough to make a driver where such technology really worked. Some of the other new models proclaiming a huge new step in technology are not showing better numbers. I believe the new technology is real, but it is probably more noticeable on misses than than on well struck swings.

I'd bet internally the SFT is more draw weighted as well. Extra draw, if you will.

Probably true. The head weight is 2g lighter than the 410 Plus. That doesn't seem like enough to equate to 2 swing weight points on the specs with the same shaft length and shaft. It seems logical that there is some weight positioned somewhere.

This looks real good. Going to test it out but will probably wait on Demo Day Sales at the end of the season to pick it up. Managed to get my G400 for $220

that's where i am too. i don't see anything here in the tech story that is telling me why this is an advancement, and why i should spend that much money. one company used a super computer to design its face. another had to actually dial back the speed it created off its face. i see this as a miss, rather than building on the 400 line that was one of the better i've ever tried.

I would love to see Ping be more aggressive with marketing and discussing the tech behind their equipment. The only reason I tried the G400 is because of the great feedback from THP otherwise I may have overlooked it. IMO it seems like Ping leans on their die hard following to buy and spread the word vs. market their stuff.

I don't know that we are used to it, as this year is really the breaking point for it happening more widely, but its likely the new normal with FOUR companies over the 500 mark.

I'd bet internally the SFT is more draw weighted as well. Extra draw, if you will.

I agree we aren’t used it but with it coming out after everyone else there’s less shock when one hits around or over the $500 mark.

No moveable weight in sft from what I read so I would bet that it’s draw heavy.

The concept of using the mwt to give the faster players the ability to dial in the ball flight without needing the sft version is nice. Also nice to know they took tour feedback and hitmelt setups as well as their wrx orders to come up with the mwt design

I agree we aren’t used it but with it coming out after everyone else there’s less shock when one hits around or over the $500 mark.

No moveable weight in sft from what I read so I would bet that it’s draw heavy.

The concept of using the mwt to give the faster players the ability to dial in the ball flight without needing the sft version is nice. Also nice to know they took tour feedback and hitmelt setups as well as their wrx orders to come up with the mwt design

Yeah, sounds like a heavier (heavier than the 16g weight in the standard model) weight.

Wow, they staved off another release with no carbon crown. Interesting. The price point is...definitely a departure from what we've seen from Ping (albeit not from the industry trend). I'm sure I'll try it at some point, but initially I'm not seeing anything breakthrough here.

We spoke to them about this. Interesting choice. There are a lot of things going on here that we are curious about. Should have more in the next few days as we were just with them yesterday.

Curious to see if the LS appears soon as rumor has it there are some issues.

We spoke to them about this. Interesting choice. There are a lot of things going on here that we are curious about. Should have more in the next few days as we were just with them yesterday.

Curious to see if the LS appears soon as rumor has it there are some issues.

God I love PGA Show time. Looking forward to the feedback and info.

To lay it out there. This was supposed to have some sort of Arccos type device. Now it’s not mentioned. It’s not a legal thing, so where is it? I know we are the only ones with that info, so it will soon be spread elsewhere (without credit) but I’m at a loss why it disappeared since we know it works.

To lay it out there. This was supposed to have some sort of Arccos type device. Now it’s not mentioned. It’s not a legal thing, so where is it? I know we are the only ones with that info, so it will soon be spread elsewhere (without credit) but I’m at a loss why it disappeared since we know it works.

AH! So this was the reference earlier in the week with the confusion from the pre-release info.

That really is strange as hell.

Wow that's really unfortunate. That would have been a huge addition to Ping to draw some additional attention.

AH! So this was the reference earlier in the week with the confusion from the pre-release info.

That really is strange as hell.

I have done my research. There was nothing from Cobra legal or anything. I was told standard on driver, option on irons.

Now nothing. Not a mention. Asking why hasn’t gotten very far but might this week. If I was a betting man I would bet value add in Max when launched.

I have done my research. There was nothing from Cobra legal or anything. I was told standard on driver, option on irons.

Now nothing. Not a mention. Asking why hasn’t gotten very far but might this week. If I was a betting man I would bet value add in Max when launched.

That is seriously wild. To just go radio silent on it all and act like it was never a thing or mentioned is wild.

The Max thing would be an interesting move, but would make some sense as I just don't see how going up 5cc is going to make the difference we saw from the 400 to the 400 Max, ya know?

I haven't seen anyone else point this out but the price point is $100 more than the G400 line. The G410 is $500. The G400 MAX is still $400. The rest of the G400 line is now $300.

Ping has become the Apple of golf (pricing wise). At least Ping loves America and is still made in the good ole USA.

I've been a Ping fan. I think I'd have to see this one in person. The sole doesn't bother me. But the crown with the extra turbolaters...I'd have to see it in hand.

My bigger reaction though is $540 for a driver that does not use carbon....that is hard for me to swallow. I'm sure the driver performs but we'd pretty much know that we are not gaming a club with the most modern tech. If companies want to go lighter, reposition weight, be faster, etc., how can you not use carbon for the crown? I had the same reaction to Titleist TS line. They are charging the premium price for something that doesn't offer cutting edge / modern technology. I don't like that on principle alone.

That is seriously wild. To just go radio silent on it all and act like it was never a thing or mentioned is wild.

The Max thing would be an interesting move, but would make some sense as I just don't see how going up 5cc is going to make the difference we saw from the 400 to the 400 Max, ya know?

Maybe it has something to do with the grip?

Ping has become the Apple of golf. At least Ping loves America and is still made in the good ole USA.

Um....hate to break it to you....they are ASSEMBLED in the USA.

My bad. What about their irons? Who is making the driver heads?

Um....hate to break it to you....they are ASSEMBLED in the USA.

This is correct. Along with some others as well like Srixon, Titleist, etc.

What about their irons? Who is making the driver heads?

Made in foundries in China IIRC (@JB can confirm or correct), and assembled here. Haven't been made in the USA in some time.

This is correct. Along with some others as well like Srixon, Titleist, etc.

Yessir! Its the price of doing business today, the bottom line matters!

And Tour Exotics?

Pre-orders are $499 on TGW.

Back