2019 PING G410 Fairway Woods, Hybrids and Crossovers

Well, I mean, I guess if @ddec is gonna do the fairway, someone should review the hybrid too..........

Hmmm.

Who could do it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh, ITS ME! Let’s do this thang!

I’m hitting the 410 3H Saturday at a demo day. I’ll be shocked if I make it out of there without one replacing my 400 3H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s so so so so good

I’m hitting the 410 3H Saturday at a demo day. I’ll be shocked if I make it out of there without one replacing my 400 3H.

Not gonna lie. I’m hoping it’s the 3H.

I don’t even know who I am anymore with that though, sub 23 degree hybos used to be a massive NO for me, haha.

Went today to get fit for a new hybrid. The G410 in the flat setting was really good for me. My longtime hybrid enjoyed throwing the overcooked hook at me once too many times and I was looking for a change. Tried Tour Edge and Cobra as well, but the G410 worked best for me and it wasnt close. My fitter is such a great guy and worked through shafts as well. Ended up with the Oban Revenge. Wow, that shaft was awesome. Club ordered and should see in a couple weeks. Pretty stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_5645.PNG
    IMG_5645.PNG
    84.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5644.PNG
    IMG_5644.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5646.PNG
    IMG_5646.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
It's funny how this thread was at the top the list when I logged in. I dumped the 5H and ordered the 5 iron to match my set. Hit it left, but also got some really strange distances from it that I couldn't control. In doing so I also dumped my 3 wood so I'm ready to add another club. Thinking hard about a 5 wood played down as a 4 wood or a 2H in the G410. (Curiosity makes me want to buy a 4 CrossOver as well. Don't hear much about them though.

0f9385cb7844a651096cc34005f5527a.jpg

Finally got mine a few weeks ago. It is very good. The flat lie setting is a really great option for me. I ordered mine with the Tensei X flex and was a little surprised that it is a “TX” flex shaft. So far the entire setup plays firm but very smooth. No complaints. I have yet to hit a golf course with it and its still quite cold in NY. I might get lucky and play my first round this weekend. At the range it feels great. The head doesn’t give me any empty type feeling, but rather a nice solid strike and the face def has some pop to it. I’m guessing this club will be a great part of the bag this season.
I’m contemplating a bit heavier back weight to increase the sw a little.

This is a pic of my current G400 3 Hybrid. You can see the heel strike and my miss is that dreaded hybrid hook so hope to have good results tomorrow at the Ping demo with the flat lie setting on the 410 3H. At least it’s outdoors, so much better to see the flight.

Hope to hit some G410 fairways too with the flat lie setting, my miss is the same in those.

b7bb94986e96e1ffd886e66d992d264e.jpg

#GOFLAT!!!!

Just ordered the 4H in 22 degree. Can't wait to get this in the bag and fill in my empty slot.

Just ordered the 4H in 22 degree. Can't wait to get this in the bag and fill in my empty slot.

I can see a Big Bertha/G410 battle in that spot, which tends to be a revolving door anyways.

Quickly ran to the range for a few and the 410 hybrid is a stand out. I'm quite excited about this one.

The flat lie angle is a game changer.....

Also want to add that the Tensei blue 85 TX is really nice. It hangs with you and gives a perception of being stout but keeps surprising me through the strike and how smooth it finishes.

Last edited:
Quickly ran to the range for a few and the 410 hybrid is a stand out. I'm quite excited about this one.

The flat lie angle is a game changer.....

Also want to add that the Tensei blue 85 TX is really nice. It hangs with you and gives a perception of being stout but keeps surprising me through the strike and how smooth it finishes.

Nice. Did you compare the Tensei to the Project X Black?

Nice. Did you compare the Tensei to the Project X Black?

No, i didnt bother because I’m a pretty low launch, low spin guy with longer clubs.

With the flat settings, do those settings also change the loft of the club?

With the flat settings, do those settings also change the loft of the club?

You can go flat in std loft, flat +1 or flat -1.

Pretty nice to have those options too.

Hmmmm....

Better pics before weekends end, but a teaser for now...

22* in for review....

3299adaa6e65ac0a319e633e376ff8fc.jpg

1a2811f572cdf96f1383cfe7af53dac2.jpg

beff4cfee442a998240428368fbff583.jpg

39ed53cfc4c46d81528c82f12f49531a.jpg

Got out today with the 19. It goes! Hit one about 4 yards past my buddies well struck 3 wood on the 18th hole. Left me a flip sw into the last. I hit it well the other 3 times i hit it. I think the TX flex tensei blue is a little stiff for my swing right now, but may be perfect when the rust comes off more and more. Overall impressed. Shot 4 over today, which I’m quite happy with on a first season round.

This is the hybrid i'm excited to try. I tried the new apex but needed a touch more forgiveness, especially on toe strikes. The ability to go slightly flat is huge with this as so many go left on me. Really excited to try the Evenflow black in the 19 degree. I will try the Pro Blue, but have never liked shafts that kick and have softer mid sections.

Interested to see Jman's review, I was fitted to that exact club and shaft.

I currently have both 19* and 22* in the bag and find them way longer than the i25 19* that I replaced. I haven't played with the flat lie setting yet but have seen the occasional power draw/ hook that others speak of. I don't know how they compare to the G400 hybrids that I considered to match my driver and 3 wood but so far I am very happy with them.

I tried the 19* the other day at the range. Even in the large plus setting I still couldn’t turn the thing over and I’m a natural drawer of the ball. If you fight hooks this is the hybrid for you.

I went to a Ping demo day yesterday and got to hit the 3 hybrid. Big fan of the flat lie setting.

I ended up ordering a 3 hybrid from my Pro today with the Ping Tour 85 reg shaft.

Next up for me to order will be the 3 wood. Loved that yesterday in flat lie with the Ping Tour 75 reg shaft.

The Ping Tour shafts are stiffer than
the Altas and I’ll have at least 3 of them soon in driver, fairway, and hybrid(s).

New thread to come for while I work through my review, but a little teaser pic now.

Colors are definitely....attention grabbing...on the sole.

DSC00200-XL.jpg

Awaiting my club from Club Champion. I would agree, my 1 out of 4 shots hooking may be a thing of the past (per my previous post in this thread), as t least I hope is the case. Should arrive in 10 days....

Played 24 holes today at the local course getting to know my new clubs, have both hybrids set flat at the moment which seems to be suiting my swing better. Long penetrating ball flight with the 19* and the 22* seems to float high and land soft with little roll out.

Anyone tried the 17* Crossover??

Look what arrived! Excuse the cell phone snaps, will get better up in the next day or so.

22eba54d70d24d025c4d0473f8946699.jpg

91fba088abb71580f31b9a0e34538f8d.jpg

d40785129ce9d947ded42baed65d96f1.jpg

507cb371acd4bd51927c34573de8eaf5.jpg
034550312c90128640fa90f2e3929ccb.jpg
536b917cf1fe146b25b12443078acd7f.jpg

Back