2019 PING G410 Fairway Woods, Hybrids and Crossovers

I'm interested in learning more about the G410 SFT fairways ... I'm currently gaming the G400 SFT fairways, and heard in a video review earlier today that the G410 SFTs were smaller size-wise than the G400 SFTs. Can anyone confirm that information? Also, can anyone touch on any other differences between this year's SFT model vs. last year's SFT model? Thanks in advance ...

Mike
MPM1960

For real - the sculpted lines remind me of the blueprint irons. I dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nail on the head. Bringing that design to the crossover was smart. Very smart.

NoOb question here but what would be the purpose of having a cross over if I could hit my 5 iron 200+?. Is there any advantages of getting this type of crossover club if I get good distance with my 5 iron?

Thanks again!

First of all, nice 5 iron distance!

Second, just add a club to it. The crossover lofts are in that UT range of 18-24 degrees, so basically, new age 3-4-5 irons I'd say.

I will most definitely be trying the G400 hybrid when it's available as adding adjustability to it makes it an even more attractive option IMO!

2019 PING G410 Fairway Woods, Hybrids and Crossovers

Hybo looks, and sounds, legit.

The LST fairway looks promising as well.

Hybrid is nice. Adjustability is a plus.

But crossover I don't know, maybe the exotics IWS look sharper and more forgiving to me.

NoOb question here but what would be the purpose of having a cross over if I could hit my 5 iron 200+?. Is there any advantages of getting this type of crossover club if I get good distance with my 5 iron?

Thanks again!

Hi JD,

Since I don't know your game I can only describe how I incorporate the Crossover into my set (12 handicap). I own a Ping G 5 Crossover and hit it about 175 yards.

1. Distance Gapping: It's between my Ping G 6-iron (165) and my Ping G 3-hybrid (195). If I were to deal with a shot of 185-ish I choke down on the hybrid. I seldom have to deal with that particular distance during any given round so I carry an extra wedge instead of a club equal to a 4.

2. Forgiving: So, as you can see it is not for pure distance. I bought this club instead of the stock G 5-iron because I felt it would give me a bigger margin of error on a long iron.

3. Second Shot on Par 5s: It's my go to club from the fairway and light rough when I don't need to get very close to the green. I rather lay up to a full club distance anywhere from 145 down to 85 out instead of hitting a partial wedge from say 50.

4. Off the Tee: On a short tight driving hole (300+/-) when I want to hit something relatively straight to keep it in play.

I am I little bummed that they don't offer a 5 on this new iteration since I am serious thinking of upgrading the G410 irons.

I'm interested in learning more about the G410 SFT fairways ... I'm currently gaming the G400 SFT fairways, and heard in a video review earlier today that the G410 SFTs were smaller size-wise than the G400 SFTs. Can anyone confirm that information? Also, can anyone touch on any other differences between this year's SFT model vs. last year's SFT model? Thanks in advance ...

Mike
MPM1960

Size wise about the same.

G410 SFT FW specs:
3w 16* - 188 cc
5w 19* - 177 cc
7w 22* - 167 cc

G400 SFT FW specs:
3w 16* - 187 cc
5w 19* - 178 cc
7w 22* - 171 cc

Major change I see is more adjustablity in the hosel with the flat settings.

Of all the clubs I hit yesterday, I think I was most impressed with the G410 hybrids.

On a good swing, I was seeing carry distances close to 190 w/the 4h & I wasn’t fighting a hook thanks to the flat lie setting.

Last edited:
For some reason the store today didn't have any balls available to hit but they did have the G400 hybrid and G410 hybrid in both 3 and 4. Turbulators seem to be a big more spread out yet closer to hosel and the club head is extended back further on the new one. It's noticeable for sure. With the adjustable loft and how flat the head sets on the ground, I can't see me going with a fairway wood from this lineup.

Interested in the hybrids but my problem is I suffer from the lefts/overdraw/pull/hook/etc. Waiting for warm weather so I can try them on the course. Like the idea of the adjustable hosel.

Had a chance to this the 4 and 5 G410 hybrids yesterday.

As far as looks, to my eye the toe side looks a little wider from front to back than the G and G400 hybrids. I didn't measure them though.
I started off with both in the std setting. Baby draws but the flight wasn't as high as I wanted it to be.

I then tried the Flat / +1 setting. The toe end of the club did seem to hug the ground more in this setting.
I typically draw the ball and couldn't turn it over in this setting. 5-10 yd pushes.
So the flat lie seemed to really work.

I then set it to the +1.5* setting and the height I wanted was there and it was back to a baby draw which I prefer. The ball really holds its line. No crazy hooks or slices.

My current hybrids are 60g shafts and are shortened an inch so they feel really light. The 410 with stock Alta (70g shaft) definitely had a more heftier feel but nothing outrageous. I would like to try them with the Tensei Blue shaft option which is lighter than the Alta.

Usually I am hit and miss with Ping hybrids and for some reason tend to hit them thin alot. So I usually dismiss them pretty early in the testing process. This one seems different for me.
I will definitely borrow them from my local shop to try on the course once it warms up around here and the courses reopen.

I am surprised I havent seen much here lately on the G410 fairways. I had been playing the G400 fairways since they came out (mainly I liked the shallow face and forgiveness). They had been 'ok' but nothing more. I did put in a custom Fujikura pro 2.0 and it definitely helped. Still, was always thinking about trying something else. I really like the Ping profile so I started looking for info on the G410. I decided to get the 3 wood and give it one more shot with Ping before moving away completely. Played my first round with it today. Well, yes, I am pretty sure this will stay for some time. I was really impressed. Played in the stock shaft today until I can get the adapter changed this week to put the Fuji shaft in.

I am not sure if I was alone about my feelings on the G400 fairways. It seemed like there were alot of favorable posts about them. Only one round in so small sample size for sure, but so far the G410 is pretty darn good. If it keeps going like this, my hybrids may need to be concerned because I will need to try the 410's

I am surprised I havent seen much here lately on the G410 fairways. I had been playing the G400 fairways since they came out (mainly I liked the shallow face and forgiveness). They had been 'ok' but nothing more. I did put in a custom Fujikura pro 2.0 and it definitely helped. Still, was always thinking about trying something else. I really like the Ping profile so I started looking for info on the G410. I decided to get the 3 wood and give it one more shot with Ping before moving away completely. Played my first round with it today. Well, yes, I am pretty sure this will stay for some time. I was really impressed. Played in the stock shaft today until I can get the adapter changed this week to put the Fuji shaft in.

I am not sure if I was alone about my feelings on the G400 fairways. It seemed like there were alot of favorable posts about them. Only one round in so small sample size for sure, but so far the G410 is pretty darn good. If it keeps going like this, my hybrids may need to be concerned because I will need to try the 410's
I haven't hit the 410, but the 400 3-wood is great for me. Great feel, launch and distance. Easy to get the ball in the air. Love the shallow face. Good of the tee and turf. Haven't felt a need to try anything else. But I'm glad you had a good day with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I haven't hit the 410, but the 400 3-wood is great for me. Great feel, launch and distance. Easy to get the ball in the air. Love the shallow face. Good of the tee and turf. Haven't felt a need to try anything else. But I'm glad you had a good day with it.

Thanks. Not saying I have hated the G400. Just has been ok for me. I bought them originally becasue I love the shallow face and I could keep them straight. 3 woods for me have always been a revolving door for me. Everything else in my bag seems to stay for some time. I am encouraged with what I have seen with the 410, as it felt much better to me, straight and the istance was better. Time will tell as always I guess.

Thanks. Not saying I have hated the G400. Just has been ok for me. I bought them originally becasue I love the shallow face and I could keep them straight. 3 woods for me have always been a revolving door for me. Everything else in my bag seems to stay for some time. I am encouraged with what I have seen with the 410, as it felt much better to me, straight and the istance was better. Time will tell as always I guess.
It's all about personal preference and how it matches with one's game. I'm of the mindset that with all the excellent technology out there, there is little difference from one club to another. I could probably use a set from 5 years ago and still shoot the same scores. Heck, my putter is 20 years old. But the personal preference and view is important! If I think a club looks and performs better, I'll certainly play better with it. If it's in my head that it's good or bad, that's going to be the difference maker. I look forward to hitting the 410 just because I like Ping a lot. I am sure it'll bring happiness to a lot of folks out there this year...and with weather starting to warm up where people can get out on the course, i think the chatter will certainly heat up as well.

It's all about personal preference and how it matches with one's game. I'm of the mindset that with all the excellent technology out there, there is little difference from one club to another. I could probably use a set from 5 years ago and still shoot the same scores. Heck, my putter is 20 years old. But the personal preference and view is important! If I think a club looks and performs better, I'll certainly play better with it. If it's in my head that it's good or bad, that's going to be the difference maker. I look forward to hitting the 410 just because I like Ping a lot. I am sure it'll bring happiness to a lot of folks out there this year...and with weather starting to warm up where people can get out on the course, i think the chatter will certainly heat up as well.

Totally agree. Thats what I love about this game, The never ending quest. Oh, and I like new, shiny things. lol.

Totally agree. Thats what I love about this game, The never ending quest. Oh, and I like new, shiny things. lol.
Thankfully new and shiny things don't entice me much

I should have my 410 hybrid this Thursday. Excited to fiddle and dial it in with the flat lie options.

Looks like the fairway wood is heading up here for review. Pretty darn excited to hit this one as it has been getting some pretty stellar buzz lately.

Looks like the fairway wood is heading up here for review. Pretty darn excited to hit this one as it has been getting some pretty stellar buzz lately.

I’m looking forward to that review Dean.

Well, I mean, I guess if @ddec is gonna do the fairway, someone should review the hybrid too..........

Hmmm.

Who could do it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh, ITS ME! Let’s do this thang!

Well, I mean, I guess if @ddec is gonna do the fairway, someone should review the hybrid too..........

Hmmm.

Who could do it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I mean if that's cool with you

Hmmm.

Who could do it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

It’s so so so so good

Back