2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Looks like HS team golf balls will be shipping this week.

I’m sure there are a couple dozen of these for me in there...

Will be doing some testing soon to find my gamer this year. Last year was Q Star Tour and it will def be a Srixon ball for sure.....

d4667b92b71b3e651e7eb32c7287d8e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it! My plan is to do that in a couple of weeks.

I like it! My plan is to do that in a couple of weeks.

Plan is to test them out while testing / dialing in my F9. Plus I will get some numbers from my 7I as well as my SW similar to your testing.

Unfortunately these will be on an indoor launch monitor but hey....better than nothing right now.

Plan is to test them out while testing / dialing in my F9. Plus I will get some numbers from my 7I as well as my SW similar to your testing.

Unfortunately these will be on an indoor launch monitor but hey....better than nothing right now.

the good thing about that is that you are removing some other variables. You will have a perfectly clean lie every time, no worries about any wind, etc.

I have a bunch of last year's V1X and Snells to get through, but these 2 are in definite consideration to be my gamers after that. Past iterations have been criminally underrated.

That was a nice review, ddec. I didn’t really play Srixon last year. Kind of got locked into the AVX. However, I have enjoyed them in the past. Your review renewed my interest, so I bought a box of the XVs in yellow.

Oh, and the graphics was really cool.

2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Turned out sweeeeeeeetttttttt

0d60bc089ffbdc718d40d22aed7d64d6.jpg

Those are hawt, great job coach!

Jman those look nice.

I really like both the z star and XV. While the previous generation I felt like I sacrificed a little off the tee/long irons with the z star or green side spin with XV I really feel like the newest generation has eliminated a lot of that.

Right now I love the new XV, it just feels right and gives me a flight I like to see. It goes high, and with shorter clubs hops and stops quickly even on firm greens. Greenside I see a lot of improvements with feel and spin for the XV.

The new Z star is also impressive, with the only difference I see is lower flight off the tee and long irons. Otherwise, the biggest difference is a little softer feel. If you made me choose which ball without knowing which is which, I would be hard to definitely say I like the XV over the z-star.

I will say srixon has an amazing line up at a solid price. I find it cool that I'm starting to find these on the course now and my club actually has a display with the new balls to compete against the titleist display.

Thanks guys, I think the kids will like them. Playing a mix of Z, ZXV, Q, and QT

I think Ddec’s review was pretty killer myself!

you make me blush. But by all means, go destroy my numbers haha

Dick's sporting goods website has 6 ball performance packs of the new z and xv for 14.99. looks like $10 off of a dozen if you get two. Can't beat that price for newly released balls. Might have to get a couple packs of each to try them out. I'm always torn between regular and x in any brand and usually go for best feeling ball.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dick's sporting goods website has 6 ball performance packs of the new z and xv for 14.99. looks like $10 off of a dozen if you get two. Can't beat that price for newly released balls. Might have to get a couple packs of each to try them out. I'm always torn between regular and x in any brand and usually go for best feeling ball.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Golf Galaxy's website now has the 6 packs on sale for $10. Both versions of the ball are available.

What ball will you have in play next month Buck?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Once I have my full cobra bag I’m going to do some testing to find my 2019 gamer. Contenders are both Z-Stars, TP5x, CSX & ERC, Vice Pro, MTB Black, AVX, and e12 Speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a sample six pack each of the Z and XV to give them a try. I have played the older Z star quite a bit, so I am looking forward tot he new model.

I just became a Srixon Z Star XV player for 2019. I played the ball this past weekend and liked it a lot. When I saw it available through Golf Galaxy at $10 for 2 sleeves, I thought I could easily game this ball for the year at $20 a dozen. I ordered pretty much enough to get me through the year.

I just became a Srixon Z Star XV player for 2019. I played the ball this past weekend and liked it a lot. When I saw it available through Golf Galaxy at $10 for 2 sleeves, I thought I could easily game this ball for the year at $20 a dozen. I ordered pretty much enough to get me through the year.

I followed suit, tour-quality ball for $20 from a major manufacturer is typically impossible to come by. I scooped up enough to get me through all of 2019.

I may game a different option for the MC based on my ball testing results over the next few weeks, but the XV will be in the bag after that for the rest of the year.

Back