LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I have no idea what to do with my Friday...

Little pre flight breakfast. I think this is only the second milk I’ve had all week!!!! That will be fixed when I get home for sure
5233E31C-CCD4-41D2-9562-8459ED1B35C7.jpeg

Mr @JasonFinleyCG, I think the silhouette G on the Truvis ball is fantastic. Congrats to the Zoo Crew on a hard fought win. Team THP way to grind the whole time! It is hard to play golf while floating the whole time!

Did you not think to ask if the Hideaway had milk? Criminal if that’s your second of the week.
Couple sliders and water and off to the races!! Dash to the pro shop, then locker room then clean shiny new stuff on the cart. Quick range and putting session and off. Time just flies to fast. I bet they would have come up with some though.

A couple of comments from joining the synchronously following fan base for this fantastic event:

1. Can't wait to learn about the new club releases. Very cool that team THP was the very first to get them.
2. Massively impressed with the people at Callaway Golf. I like the style and culture they convey with how they support and, more importantly, participate/compete in the Grandaddy. I'm not much for the hero/villain approach to brands, but I can adapt and will put them in the hero category.
3. The scripted apparel is really nice. They made you guys look good. I mean, no easy task. ;) I am particularly stuck on some of the 1/4zips and those stylish shoes. Wallet is shaking with fear.
4. Following along as the event unfolded was a billion times more interesting and engaging than reading through after the fact, something I have done more often than not. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for updates and keeping track. I almost need a rest day. Bravo. Kick ass stuff. ?

Couple sliders and water and off to the races!! Dash to the pro shop, then locker room then clean shiny new stuff on the cart. Quick range and putting session and off. Time just flies to fast. I bet they would have come up with some though.

Just gotta ask and it sometimes just magically appears!

Good morning THP!

Sitting in the lobby waiting for my ride. Feeling like a zombie right now.
Safe and especially delay free travels for all today. :cool:?

Hope all of Team THP has a safe travel day. I hate to tell ya that there is no hangover like a Grandaddy hangover. More than likely you'll just be in a haze for a few days from exhaustion and the absolutely amazing experience you just went through. Its normal. The good news is you now have memories that will last a lifetime that you can always go back to in your head, along with tons of amazing pictures you can frame and share with everyone. You all did a great job taking the forum along with you. Can't wait to hear all of the equipment reviews once you are allowed to really go into detail about them.

In the car to the airport, and it’s REALLY hard to keep it together... Man, I love these guys, and I’m going to miss every single one of them.

I may need to start in on my recaps when I get home, just to keep the happy feels going. I generally prefer brevity in my writing, but there is just so much to say about this event. I will forever be grateful to THP, Callaway, and The Grandaddy alums who made it all possible for the 2019 team. Because of you all, I have new brothers across the country. From the bottom of my heart: thank you, thank you, thank you.

Heck of a travel bag at that. Plenty of room, glides nicely through airports and the like.

I was between this and another top brand, I don’t feel disappointed by this decision.
i believe it was the Ogio Mutant
The perfect travel bag for a THP Experience. Your bag fits in it with plenty of room for all the extra swag you'll be taking home.

Can a spectator have post-event blues?! Asking for a friend!

I was smiling the whole time except in front of the camera:p. I am not photogenic apparently and having the worst hangover I have had in 20 years does not help. Pro tip, if you are going to have multiple tequila and fireball shots you should not put them on top of a belly full of fajitas with onions and peppers. The burps were hideous, I think I turned green every time.

I cannot think of many worse potential hangovers than tequila, fireball and serious Mexican food, except perhaps for the crock pot full of chili and multiple bourbon barrel stouts I had last week... the stout consumption DURING the chili seasoning seems to have resulted in much more cayenne pepper entering the chili than usual...

Same boat - I have that “blah” feeling I get after an event reading some of these recaps. I can’t explain it - I wasn’t there, I was on a business trip. Why do I have the post-event blues?
I feel it too. Even though we weren’t there, we have been anticipating the event and getting to know our team for so long that it is just slightly depressing when it is over. It feels like Christmas when I was a kid after opening all of my toys. But now we have other things to look forward to. That is what is so great about THP.

Back