2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Reactions: KEV
I couldn't get along with the Portland. It just looked super closed to me when I was setting up and I was dismal in the round I played with it. Sold it the next day! Glad you like it though.
This is the first time I’ve really really liked it. Distance control has been great.

It's glorious
I’m jumping on your Portland train, amigo!

You putted well the last time we played.
Thanks, brother! It was fun times.

Blue Fiyah!!

Could someone tell me if the Palm Beach is a full toe hang putter, thanks asking for a friend..

Could someone tell me if the Palm Beach is a full toe hang putter, thanks asking for a friend..

not a full toe hang like a #9, but with the flow neck it has A decent amount

I took the Portland out for a spin on Friday. I've been using the Stroke Lab Double Wide pretty exclusively but will pull the Portland out from time to time. Our greens are slick to say the least. The grass is basically dormant and the course gets tons of play so it is almost like putting on a pool table. Add to that there are no flat spots on any of our greens, all have slopes and ridges, some more pronounced than others, and they can be a real challenge.

With no warm-up before the round due to darkness before our tee time, it took three holes or so to get the feel for speed down. My first putt of the day was about a 20 footer, left to right and down hill and the ball ran almost that far past, just managing to stay on the green. I made the come backer. I two-putted two, three-putted three then made a 15 footer for birdie on the next hole. The rest of the day my distance control was nothing but outstanding and I had no more three-putts and I made everything I considered truly "make-able" the rest of the day. I'm going to keep it in the bag until it shows me it needs another "time out". :)

Took my Vegas out for a stroll and I must admit, this thing aligns better than other putter at address. Still trying to figure out if I want to go heavier in the weight as I don’t seem to have as much control as I do with the Memphis. The grip on the Vegas is bigger than the one on the Memphis so the grip weight could be a factor. Ultimately at address, I LOVE the look.

28 putts today. It’s safe to say the Las Vegas is firmly entrenched in the bag. The comfort level at address is silly and I fee like I can make anything.

57 pages and only 2 mentions of the Azalea... Both by @KEV Why is that?

I was going to ask in another thread last week. I don't see many for sale on ebay compared to the rest. Did they just make/sell fewer? Does the overwhelming majority shy away from the classic shape that much? It puzzles me. It's a shape I love, and if I had a chance to try one or to buy one used at a decent price I'd definitely go for it. The sell for a lot more used than the San Diego, Atlanta, etc, do though. Might as well buy it new, and I won't do that without getting my hands on it first.

So what do y'all have against that beauty??

Last edited:

I was going to ask in another thread last week. I don't see many for sale on ebay compared to the rest. Did they just make/sell fewer? Does the overwhelming majority shy away from the classic shape that much? It puzzles me. It's a shape I love, and if I had a chance to try one or to buy one used at a decent price I'd definitely go for it. The sell for a lot more used than the San Diego, Atlanta, etc, do though. Might as well buy it new, and I won't do that without getting my hands on it first.

Not that popular of a shape these days to be honest. Doesn’t really puzzle me at all. Niche market and that could be why they are up for more money than others.

28 putts today. It’s safe to say the Las Vegas is firmly entrenched in the bag. The comfort level at address is silly and I fee like I can make anything.
Having a few #7’s kept me from picking the vegas from the odyssey event, but i keep thinking I should have picked it. Such a great shape and looking putter in that fully milled Toulon version.

Having a few #7’s kept me from picking the vegas from the odyssey event, but i keep thinking I should have picked it. Such a great shape and looking putter in that fully milled Toulon version.
I love the look of the Vegas as well. It’s such a solid putter.

Same for me picking the Marxman. While it’s a great putter, I should have gone Vline like my Grandaddy putter. I just never got comfortable with the Marxman and the Las Vegas relegated it to the indoor putting mat.

Not that popular of a shape these days to be honest. Doesn’t really puzzle me at all. Niche market and that could be why they are up for more money than others.

Well I guess that's why it puzzles me. If it's really that unpopular of a shape, why even make them?

I just don't think it's a popular shape anymore unfortunately. I never really see any of the new SC Laguna models anywhere either. They probably just made it so I would stop annoying them with asking them to make it :ROFLMAO:.

Well I guess that's why it puzzles me. If it's really that unpopular of a shape, why even make them?
Yes, it’s not that popular. As to why? Eh, they probably tried it thinking people would buy them from nostalgia, or it was per request from a pro. this will probably be the last time you see them make them and it will fall the way of the Columbus as well.

Same for me picking the Marxman. While it’s a great putter, I should have gone Vline like my Grandaddy putter. I just never got comfortable with the Marxman and the Las Vegas relegated it to the indoor putting mat.
And my V line is relegating the Atlanta to the backup bag for me hah

I can’t wait for the new line of 2020 Toulon putters as there is one shape that I am particularly fond of and will DEF have in my bag at some point next year! ?

I can’t wait for the new line of 2020 Toulon putters as there is one shape that I am particularly fond of and will DEF have in my bag at some point next year! ?
It’s going to be hard for me to not pick one of the new shapes up ?

I will DEFINITELY have another Toulon in 2020

Anyone see this little gem from Francesco Molinari? Said he loved the versa color scheme and had the guys at Toulon build one for him:

1579124732469.png

I personally loved the versa color scheme and identified with how Francesco uses the perpendicular lines to aim as opposed to a line on the flange of the putter.

Anyone see this little gem from Francesco Molinari? Said he loved the versa color scheme and had the guys at Toulon build one for him:

View attachment 8922879

I personally loved the versa color scheme and identified with how Francesco uses the perpendicular lines to aim as opposed to a line on the flange of the putter.
Hmmm... Not my cup of tee but I've definitely seen worse.

DFD823A9-F295-4AB9-9D72-F68754CA27BC.jpeg44BCAA43-3B41-4D02-B0F2-5E83480988CB.jpeg

Back