2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Over the last week I've rolled a Columbus, Long Island, Atlanta and Azalea and I think they may be my favorite feeling putters I've tried. I love how they are soft yet firm and get the ball rolling really well. I've noticed the Azalea feels like it has a little bit more of a click to it than the other two blades, but nothing terrible. I really hope they can gain some ground on Scotty Cameron in the future.

Last edited:
Got to roll my Stroke Lab San Diego today and man was it a beauty. Had only 15 putts (shot a 38) and every two putt I had the second putt was a tap in. I'm in love with this putter.

I’m excited to see what new designs are on the horizon for Toulon. The Las Vegas has a firm grip in the bag, but if what I think is coming, it might be in trouble

I’m excited to see what new designs are on the horizon for Toulon. The Las Vegas has a firm grip in the bag, but if what I think is coming, it might be in trouble
Can you tell Sean a Toulon Rossie would be a thing of magic? That combo needs to happen!

Sorry if this isn’t supposed to be posted but OH MY GOD!!!!!

348f2af554fdbcfd50524c118b863d3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhhh baby! That blue is ???.

Hoping for a Satin Mist 2020 Columbus or Las Vegas.

Hoping for a Satin Mist 2020 Columbus or Las Vegas.
I would be shocked to see a 2020 Columbus honestly. I would welcome it, but I would be shocked.

Can't say for sure if the Club Champion adjustments made the difference or it was just mental, but boy did the ball roll good this morning. Super slow overseeded greens were not helpful for distance control, but most putts were right on the intended line.

This may go here or in the fitting thread, but when the Club Champion guy put the SAM dodad on my putter it is the 1st time I actually felt the stroke lab shaft feel different than any other shaft. I swear I could feel it flex or something, it was immediate and I mentioned it to him. He said it is common and most people with stroke lab shafts say the same thing.

I also asked him about the BST and other fancy aftermarket putter shafts and his opinion was unless you practice like a pro and have the feel of a pro it most likely is not going to make a lot (if any) difference to a weekend golfer. I appreciated that because I am the type of person that would spend the money and well waste that money also.

Just an opinion of course but it was interesting to hear from someone that does a LOT of putter fittings.

I would be shocked to see a 2020 Columbus honestly. I would welcome it, but I would be shocked.
I have seen pics of a 2020 Satin Mist full-face milled Austin, so I was hopeful. But not holding my breath. Maybe in the garage?

I wasn’t in love with my Portland until last weekend when it worked really well for me.

I didn’t hit many greens but I had 29 putts with no 3-putts. I felt so confident with it. It will take over for the SL Three for now.

One thing I’m not sure about with it is the feedback vs the SL Three...I don’t think I can tell as easily when i miss the sweet spot and where I miss. Maybe it’s the stock grip, maybe I just need to get used to it.

I have seen pics of a 2020 Satin Mist full-face milled Austin, so I was hopeful. But not holding my breath. Maybe in the garage?
Just hearing the reaction straight from the source when asked about the Columbus and some others, I still doubt it. Something along the lines of “we don’t stop making certain putters because we sold too many of them”.

I had the chance to roll a few putts at a PGA Superstore in Palm Springs a week or so ago and loved the feel. I previously had a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (blade) putter in the bag and really loved the milled face. For most of 2019, I had an Odyssey Stroke Lab putter in the bag and have had really good success with it. I'm averaging just under 2 putts a hole with it. I track putts since it's a very important part of my game.

I'm considering purchasing an Austin since the head shape looks very similar to the Stroke Lab One and it has the stroke lab shaft, which I think has really improved my putting.

Just looking for some feedback on those that are using the Austin. If you are using the Austin, what did you use before and how do you like it?

I wasn’t in love with my Portland until last weekend when it worked really well for me.

I didn’t hit many greens but I had 29 putts with no 3-putts. I felt so confident with it. It will take over for the SL Three for now.

One thing I’m not sure about with it is the feedback vs the SL Three...I don’t think I can tell as easily when i miss the sweet spot and where I miss. Maybe it’s the stock grip, maybe I just need to get used to it.
The Portland is wooing me. :D

The Portland is wooing me. :D

I couldn't get along with the Portland. It just looked super closed to me when I was setting up and I was dismal in the round I played with it. Sold it the next day! Glad you like it though.

Back