2020(1) Summer Olympics

de Grasse had a horrific start in the worst lane (last at the first third) but still ran a personal best 9.89

the 100m final for men is so often one of the greatest sporting events we see -- BUT NOT THIS TIME. Talk about underwhelming! Bolt could have come out of retirement and beat that mob of imposters.

the 100m final for men is so often one of the greatest sporting events we see -- BUT NOT THIS TIME. Talk about underwhelming! Bolt could have come out of retirement and beat that mob of imposters.

I don't get NBC's coverage. They showed one beach volley ball match three times within like the last 24 hrs. Once while it was live, then today at like 1am, and then again they replayed it at like noon today. Doesn't make any sense. There are like 900 different events going on in the Olympics and they choose to play one match/event 3 times. :rolleyes:

USA/CAN W Soccer semifinal on now

big blow for the US side as keeper Naeher hyperextends her knee and has to leave

This is unfortunate:

Just seen the Ladies 85kg + weightlifting, including the NZ trans. Not sure the trans was an advantage......

I feel bad for NBC (not really). Another one of their overhyped American athletes or teams fails to live up to NBC's expectations. At least Caleb Dressel delivered.

Just seen the Ladies 85kg + weightlifting, including the NZ trans. Not sure the trans was an advantage......
Maybe it was just an act to kick the door open. That's what my theory was on that whole thing - they might even lose on purpose - as long as they kick that door open. Now they can claim "see, it wasn't an advantage. Now we should be admitted to any and all sports and you mustn't complain." It will be bloody funny when they are winning every women's event down the road - we'll see how all the ladies react then. :p

I will admit then I am finding myself watching a lot more if the Olympics then I thought I would. Always like swimming and track and field.

That 400m hurdles was off the scale. Warholm didn’t just break the WR, he smashed it! 3/4’s of a second off the record has to be one of the greatest races ever.

That 400m hurdles was off the scale. Warholm didn’t just break the WR, he smashed it! 3/4’s of a second off the record has to be one of the greatest races ever.
2nd place broke the record by like 1/2 a second. Insane. 🤯

I will admit then I am finding myself watching a lot more if the Olympics then I thought I would. Always like swimming and track and field.
I watched some of the men's golf and will catch as much of the ladies golf as I can. Hoping our American ladies will bring home some medals! Not watching any of the other events.

2nd place broke the record by like 1/2 a second. Insane. 🤯
Right?!?! And something like 6 PB’s. A real shame a race like that was run in an empty stadium. That deserved a crowd.

I watched some of the men's golf and will catch as much of the ladies golf as I can. Hoping our American ladies will bring home some medals! Not watching any of the other events.
Why not? Just curious

Why not? Just curious
I'll just say "personal preference" to avoid going down a rabbit hole of discussion that's generally frowned upon. ;)

I've found that my favorite Olympic events are the ones that I would never watch (or in many cases be able to watch) at any other time. Loving team handball and water polo, but didn't watch more than 5 minutes of the golf.

Back