2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Walked 18 on a course spread through a neighborhood which was the longest I've ever walked. Down another couple pounds over the last week.

Back on it last night. Got some yoga in, which feels great after not being able to do much for the past week. Also did some push ups, not the full 150, but what felt good for my body at the moment.

To all those looking to increase flexibility, I highly recommend some yoga. It's been a great tool for me to use, and has me feeling better all around. I'm less stiff after working at my desk all day, and I seem to be sleeping better as well. Lots of beginner videos out there on YouTube, and my wife and I have been using SaraBethYoga, which we've liked the best over 4 or 5 others we've tried. If you're on the fence give it a shot, I think you will be glad you did.

I was able to lose 2.2 pounds even though I enjoyed some Super Bowl snacks and one of my Moms’s amazing sugar cookies. I air fried some buffalo chicken wings and coconut shrimp with a great dipping some.

I really didn’t want to get up to go down to the treadmill but I still did it! Let’s keep February going!

I was able to lose 2.2 pounds even though I enjoyed some Super Bowl snacks and one of my Moms’s amazing sugar cookies. I air fried some buffalo chicken wings and coconut shrimp with a great dipping some.

I really didn’t want to get up to go down to the treadmill but I still did it! Let’s keep February going!
Those days when you really don't want to are the days you get the most out of! Here's to keeping it doing during February!

Back on it last night. Got some yoga in, which feels great after not being able to do much for the past week. Also did some push ups, not the full 150, but what felt good for my body at the moment.

To all those looking to increase flexibility, I highly recommend some yoga. It's been a great tool for me to use, and has me feeling better all around. I'm less stiff after working at my desk all day, and I seem to be sleeping better as well. Lots of beginner videos out there on YouTube, and my wife and I have been using SaraBethYoga, which we've liked the best over 4 or 5 others we've tried. If you're on the fence give it a shot, I think you will be glad you did.
I should get into yoga. Have you seen an increase in distance from when you started?

thinking about the DDP yoga

I should get into yoga. Have you seen an increase in distance from when you started?
I've only started into yoga this winter, the off-season for me golf wise, so unfortunately I can't tell you at this time. I do know my shoulders and back feel so much better. I really think my range of motion on my swing will have increased, but I won't know the outcome for another month at least, unless I get in a Sim game before spring arrives.

starting a 5 day juice cleanse today. Will power will be tested for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck! Strong strong!

Good luck! Keep in check here and I'll make sure to keep you motivated! You can do this!

Wasn’t able to walk today at work for lunch, but I did get a good rowing workout in and mixed in some core work as well. Man I am feeling it from the core work. Gonna really feel it tomorrow. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have dropped a few pounds since starting up with walking and rowing. (y)(y)

Well day one is behind me on the juice cleanse. Was a tough one but I held true and drank only water and the six different bottles of juice that I got.

Woke up feeling a little bit more energy than normal and I do know that I slept alot better last night.

Well day one is behind me on the juice cleanse. Was a tough one but I held true and drank only water and the six different bottles of juice that I got.

Woke up feeling a little bit more energy than normal and I do know that I slept alot better last night.
Day one down, 4 more to go! Good confirmation when you feel a little bit better too while doing it! Keep it up!

Started a new 4 week gym plan on Monday morning with a lot of squats and deadlifts. I've done both mornings this week but those exercises early morning are a real drag, especially when fasting until midday.

I’ve been slacking due to a sleeping issue. Went to bed early last night so I am feeling better today. Get back on the train after work.

Started a new 4 week gym plan on Monday morning with a lot of squats and deadlifts. I've done both mornings this week but those exercises early morning are a real drag, especially when fasting until midday.
I don’t know your age but be careful with those two exercises. I found once a week to be ideal for me. I’m in my 50s, any more and my lower back gets too tight to swing a club. Of course your percentage of max will also effect that. I only go heavy once a month.

Lots of squats and deadlifts are a good way to live life. Depending on my programming, it's not improbable that I am squatting 4x a week and pulling from the floor (in some fashion) 3x a week. I've set plenty of squat or deadlift PRs and then golfed the next day and played just fine. As for the morning training - I can't do it. I have never been able to get out of bed and manage heavy squats or deadlifts. I always need a few hours of movement to get me loose enough to manage. I have one lifter who trains every morning and goes relatively heavy, hasn't had any issues and that makes me think he might be crazy.

Good work though!

Still going strong. Averaging about 2.4 pounds a week..

I don’t know your age but be careful with those two exercises. I found once a week to be ideal for me. I’m in my 50s, any more and my lower back gets too tight to swing a club. Of course your percentage of max will also effect that. I only go heavy once a month.

I don't think I've ever gone heavy in my life :LOL:

When I say a lot that's more in relation to how much I've done lately. It's 5-6 sets for squats Monday and Thursday working up to about 80% and similar for deadlifts on Tuesday's. I'm early 30's but my knees aren't in great condition so try not to overdo it.

Lots of squats and deadlifts are a good way to live life. Depending on my programming, it's not improbable that I am squatting 4x a week and pulling from the floor (in some fashion) 3x a week. I've set plenty of squat or deadlift PRs and then golfed the next day and played just fine. As for the morning training - I can't do it. I have never been able to get out of bed and manage heavy squats or deadlifts. I always need a few hours of movement to get me loose enough to manage. I have one lifter who trains every morning and goes relatively heavy, hasn't had any issues and that makes me think he might be crazy.

Good work though!
I’ve always been a morning gym
Person. Now I start work to early so I have to do it after work. Motivation is tougher for me after work.

Good work though!

I'd much rather go in an evening but it's morning or nothing for me most days.
At least when I go in the morning I can convince myself I'd be lifting a lot more if it were 8 hours later!

I've been typical skinny fat since I left college and inactivity increased. As I neared 40 I also neared a personal high for weight. About a year and change ago I decided to do something about it. Started hitting the gym six days a week and went to calories in/calories out for diet.

Got back to a reasonable (for me) weight and started to get in shape. I've kept that up on and off and I'm doing pretty well. Six days a week at the gym, looking decent BUT my diet is crap right now so I'm gaining a bit.

Need to get back on the bandwagon!

I've been typical skinny fat since I left college and inactivity increased. As I neared 40 I also neared a personal high for weight. About a year and change ago I decided to do something about it. Started hitting the gym six days a week and went to calories in/calories out for diet.

Got back to a reasonable (for me) weight and started to get in shape. I've kept that up on and off and I'm doing pretty well. Six days a week at the gym, looking decent BUT my diet is crap right now so I'm gaining a bit.

Need to get back on the bandwagon!
Well here's a good place to discuss your plan, and hopefully we can help motivate you to hit your goals! Let's get to work!

Back