2020 Better You Fitness Thread

So after some not good blood work from the Dr. I'm shedding the dad bod and cutting weight. I've been minimizing sugar and carbs, and that has helped tremendously. I'm down about 12lbs from 3 weeks ago on diet alone! I was at 270, my goal is 215-220.
No better time to start than now! Let's get down to that goal!

Down 9 pounds and a belt notch. 3 more to go to get to my normal weight (which is too heavy too).
Nice, keep it going! After those 3 come off, just keep going with your routine and see where it gets you!

Down 9 pounds and a belt notch. 3 more to go to get to my normal weight (which is too heavy too).
I always say you just keep going until you hit that point where you feel great. You will know when you get there. For me it’s between 210 and 216 lbs. I have good energy and my body feels good. Any heavier and it starts to drop off, same being lighter.

Nice, keep it going! After those 3 come off, just keep going with your routine and see where it gets you!
Thanks and absolutely. Being 12lbs more than the regular - already overweight - number is what motivated me to do something. I’m not thinking in terms of an ultimate number as a goal. It’s more like I need to maintain some life changes and the number that equates to will be the number it equates to.

The only thing I have noticed in the last year is a slight increase in my blood pressure - must be golf tensing me up LOL I have lost a little weight, but not really working out much at all right now due to taking the extra time to do so.

Exercise is one of those things that you have to make happen, or it doesn't.

I had a good day yesterday with my 1.25 mile walk at lunch. Also got in a rowing workout when I got home. Can certainly feel it in my legs today LOL!!

Anyone trying OMAD? I have been doing well with that plus some skinny phil coffee throughout the day.

Good session this evening to finish off this training block. Presses went fine 195, 3x2. Incline dumbbell presses 70s, 4x10. Finished it off with some neutral grip seated cable rows with a pause, 3x12.

Got my 1+ mile walk in today for lunch. Made it just in time as the skies opened up again. :ROFLMAO:

I have been having some pretty good results with intermittent fasting and 120 pushups a day. Also hitting an elliptical machine for 20 mins 5 days a week and the occasional swim. I don’t have actual number but I know I am lighter and stronger then I was a month and half ago. Probably have even better results but Beer.

Got my 1+ mile walk in today for lunch. Made it just in time as the skies opened up again. :ROFLMAO:
Really like that you have incorporated this into your day!

I've been doing yoga somewhat consistently and I can already feel a difference in my back. Things are starting to loosen up and pop a little and it feels awesome.

Really like that you have incorporated this into your day!
Me too! Have been wanting to do something, just needed that extra push to just do it. ?

I've been doing yoga somewhat consistently and I can already feel a difference in my back. Things are starting to loosen up and pop a little and it feels awesome.
Man. Same here! Always struggled with tight muscles especially shoulders and neck. Yoga has really helped me in that regard.

Man. Same here! Always struggled with tight muscles especially shoulders and neck. Yoga has really helped me in that regard.
Are you doing a class or using any videos in particular?

I have been having some pretty good results with intermittent fasting and 120 pushups a day. Also hitting an elliptical machine for 20 mins 5 days a week and the occasional swim. I don’t have actual number but I know I am lighter and stronger then I was a month and half ago. Probably have even better results but Beer.
I dont have a number on mind either, just want to have more energy. Nice work on the pushups, a great way to get in some core, chest, and arms at the same time.

Are you doing a class or using any videos in particular?
My wife and I do SaraBeth yoga videos from YouTube. She does a good job of telling you where you should be feeling it and breathing patterns. We've done a lot of her beginner stuff, now moving to her other videos. She also has a lot for specific areas, lower back, legs, et c.

My wife and I do SaraBeth yoga videos from YouTube. She does a good job of telling you where you should be feeling it and breathing patterns. We've done a lot of her beginner stuff, now moving to her other videos. She also has a lot for specific areas, lower back, legs, et c.
Sweet, I'll have to check that one out. I've been doing the DDP yoga but I'm going to rotate and do yoga with Adrienne every other day. I did a hamstring/lower back one last night that was excellent.

So after some not good blood work from the Dr. I'm shedding the dad bod and cutting weight. I've been minimizing sugar and carbs, and that has helped tremendously. I'm down about 12lbs from 3 weeks ago on diet alone! I was at 270, my goal is 215-220.
Good for you Q! Carbs are the devil!

Me too! Have been wanting to do something, just needed that extra push to just do it. ?
Was it the Morgan Cup that got you going?

It certainly gave me a kick start (y)
I can not wait to watch the MC from here. You have 2 awesome teammates in OU and KY! Keep it up!

Anyone trying OMAD? I have been doing well with that plus some skinny phil coffee throughout the day.
My wife does OMAD. That’s a little too extreme for me but I join her in doing 16:8 IF for three or four times a week. Been doing it for a year now and have also gotten my father-in-law and brother-in-law to do it and we’re all seeing good results.

I‘m keeping up with my yoga/meditation for 15 minutes a day and hit the gym 3x a week. I do feel that I should probably switch up my yoga though, as I only learned a few poses that are supposed to help my back. Now that my back issues seem to be cleared up, I want to vary it some more

Back