LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2020 Distance Bash with UST Mamiya

image.jpg
Danny 75
E1 77
Dill 91

Danny with a nice bounce back back 9.

Danny with a 75 with a quad, not too shabby. Must have been the shoes...

need to get caught up but man thats a helluva group shooting some shots.

great job guys

Great rounds Danny and Mike!

Leaked a bit of oil coming in for 39 on the front 43 on the back

Nice round guys!!

Great rounds

Day 2 recap.

What a freakin day. Come morning we had high hopes that the day would be better than Friday's round. The weather report showed highs getting up to 60, no rain and less wind. They were right on one of the 3. We didnt get any rain. Other than that, holy hell.

The fitting.

What can I say? Danny Le is the man. For full disclosure, coming into the Experience, I had never hit any UST Mamiya shaft. I had always heard great things but never really got a chance to play one. I also held off on hitting the new Cobra Speedzone head so the first time I hit either was when @DannyLe handed me the first club to hit.

Before I get there, some backstory. The night before @JB informs us he will post up the fitting order later that night. I found out I am last in the order which I.am perfectly fine with. Allows me to watch the other guys get fit, warm up a bit and grab some breakfast. @e1iterate is first out of the gate and @hailoffire is right before me. We had been talking, much like much of the forum had been asking about what combo we'd get fit into. I think everybody had a thought but I was truly wide open on what I would end up with. I was pretty sure I would end up on the regular head but that was it. Looking through the UST lineup, I was going to be disappointed with any of them really. The only one I was pretty sure I wasn't getting into was the Quantum. Way to light for me.

Back to the fitting. My existing gamer is an Epic Flash Subzero that I just got fitted for in August. It has a standard length Oban Isawa stuff shot at 65g. I hit it pretty damn well but it isn't the most forgiving of drivers. Spin is in the 2500 - 2600 range and ball speed on trackman fittings was peaking averaging 158-160 mph with spikes into 162-163 mph range and average carry around 265 yds. So walking in and knowing what I know about the head, I wasn't expecting huge distance gains but was hoping for some forgiveness gains. I was......wrong. Yup. Wrong. There we gains to be had.

First iteration was a stock speedzone on gunmetal LIN-Q shaft. First ball I hit I piped it for something silly like 280 yrs of carry on range balls. Let me just stop here and say the sound of this head is phenomenal. I'll go on record and say that I was a big fan of the sound of the EF. In the minority yes, but I could tell a whole lot about how well my strike location was by the sound. The SZ sounds better. Still has a bit of sharpness but most of it is a solid this at impact.

So after hitting a few shots, Danny adjust something and hands it back to me. Oddly enough I sm hitting it better. But Danny The Wise knows better. He takes the club plays with the head and swaps me over to the purple LINQ. Now realize at this point, I haven't looked at anything as far as specs.

At the end of the fitting, tour length shaft x-stiff purple LIN-Q with 2 14g weights in the regular Speedzone head was 0utting me at 2200 avg spin with 280-285 carry average with a few carrying out to 290. Couldn't be happier with the experience and the fitting.

Not even going to talk about the round.......

EEE140D5-A016-40B2-BF46-3D7C37D88144.jpeg

the one thing i see in this whole string is, I need to go see Danny

Great round guys and an awesome weekend! Great job on the follow!

Great round guys!!! It has been fun to follow along!!!

Thanks to all for the amazing updates, pics and videos! Another incredible THP Experience!!!

Back