2020 NFL Draft Thread

Falcons draft evaluation seems extremely low but again, they addressed needs and took the best possible player that filled a need when it was their turn. I don’t love it but I don’t think they could’ve picked much better

The grades on these drafts are hysterical and always have been. The same graders that say teams are wrong more than they are right, are in the same boat Even more often.

Then they choose grades based on how THEY feel as though the team needs to proceed, and where depth is needed, rather than those inside that see the day to day. And add to that, none of them were involved in interviews, etc.

For instance, and granted this was years ago. A player once told a team he wouldn’t play for them. When asked why, he said because his girlfriend lived in that city and he didnt want his wife and girlfriend to be in the same location. Team doesnt report that as a bad interview, because the player was honest, but obviously wouldn’t take that guy in the middle of the 3rd round when others were available. They questioned his judgement.

One SI writer called them morons for passing over a need, for another player. Kiper actually liked the pick they ended up making. In the end, they graded them with D+...I won’t name the players, but let’s just say their pick ended up being pretty darn good. And the team rhymes with Cleveland Browns.
Yea agree with this totally. And if you don’t think these evals are bad, go back and watch some old clips of past drafts. Some of the now best players in the league were torn apart by these so-called experts when they were drafted. Ha. It’s crazy.

Three of our so called local experts only had 1 player on their board of 15 picks the that Vikings had. And he was picked in the 6th round.

Yea agree with this totally. And if you don’t think these evals are bad, go back and watch some old clips of past drafts. Some of the now best players in the league were torn apart by these so-called experts when they were drafted. Ha. It’s crazy.
A wise old scout once told me, that the digital age of media and tape breakdown can never measure a guys spirit to care and work hard.

Patrick Mahomes II is a classic example. When the Chiefs traded up to 10 to take him. Louis Riddick of ESPN was critical of the pick and stated that Mahomes wasn’t ready to face NFL defenders and needed so much work on his footwork.

Another classic example being that one undistinguished, so-so QB who was drafted #199 in the sixth round. What was his name again? :ROFLMAO:

Heard the ESPN “experts” describe him as slow, questionable arm strength & had a poor combine.....but great personality.
emoji15.png
I dont mind fhe pick. If it doesnt work out it wont be the first time a quarterback doesnt make it in the NFL. Last year i had never heard of Devin Singletary when the Bills took him in fhe third round. He turned out ok. I remember some “experts” criticizing the pick and calling it a reach. So as to this pick ill go with Brandon Beanes opinion on this over the “experts”. And if it doesnt work out ill still be ok with taking the chance.

I dont mind fhe pick. If it doesnt work out it wont be the first time a quarterback doesnt make it in the NFL. Last year i had never heard of Devin Singletary when the Bills took him in fhe third round. He turned out ok. I remember some “experts” criticizing the pick and calling it a reach. So as to this pick ill go with Brandon Beanes opinion on this over the “experts”. And if it doesnt work out ill still be ok with taking the chance.
If those "experts" were as expert as they think they are, they'd be on an NFL team's personnel staff somewhere. It's easy to be a pundit when there's nothing riding on it.

If those "experts" were as expert as they think they are, they'd be on an NFL team's personnel staff somewhere. It's easy to be a pundit when there's nothing riding on it.

boy is that true. I think you could take that to much of the covid thread currently 😂

Or maybe he is the Post- Brees QB for the Saints.
* I think this is Brees’ last season.
He has skills...if someone can just teach him to stop throwing the ball up for grabs. Also he gets sacked too much...he needs to learn to throw the ball away.

I would not be surprised, if he signs, that he is the guy moving forward and hill remains the gadget guy

I'm not going to lie.. I like what the niners did but you never know if any of them will live up to their potential. Getting Trent Williams to replace Joe Staley is huge for that OL.

I'm not going to lie.. I like what the niners did but you never know if any of them will live up to their potential. Getting Trent Williams to replace Joe Staley is huge for that OL.
Williams covered what was going to be a gaping hole for them, a guy like Staley is hard to replace. As long as Williams doesn't turn out to be a problem child like he was in Washington (toxic culture there, I know), he'll be a great acquisition.

Draft choices are always a crapshoot as to whether they'll live up to their potential or not. I've never seen stats, but it would be interesting to know what percentage of guys who are drafted actually make a team.

I hadn't seen the all team draft chart. Thanks for posting it.

And like was said, if the analysts were worth their salt they'd be working for a team instead of a network.

The initial prices were well above the actual amount they got for him. Great job by 49ers... Now it comes down to his pay and contract from 49ers. Proven talent pay the man.

One SI writer called them morons for passing over a need, for another player. Kiper actually liked the pick they ended up making. In the end, they graded them with D+...I won’t name the players, but let’s just say their pick ended up being pretty darn good. And the team rhymes with Cleveland Browns.

A good player drafted by the Cleveland Browns, as an avid fan this list is very small. Never heard of the D+ rating,

Still absolutely love what Chris Ballard and co. did in the draft.

I always like looking through the teams late round draft picks and UDFA and picking a "horse" in the race to make the team. I know the odds are very slight, but still fun to follow their journey. ESPN should focus more attention on this. It is always nice watching hard knocks and the cuts towards 53, think they should have additional following.

Or maybe I am just thirsty for some sports coverage.

There are the occasional diamond in the rough found in the later rounds.

Oops--- Thought I was in 2020 NFL Thread... My fault.

Ready to go! Baker Mayfield!
"

Last edited:
There are the occasional diamond in the rough found in the later rounds.

Absolutely. Plenty of starts & contributing players in the league that were drafted late and found success. Some of which weren't drafted at all - Adam Thielen, Phillip Lindsay, Austin Ekeler, Shaq Barrett, Cameron Wake, Robby Anderson to name a handful.

Absolutely. Plenty of starts & contributing players in the league that were drafted late and found success. Some of which weren't drafted at all - Adam Thielen, Phillip Lindsay, Austin Ekeler, Shaq Barrett, Cameron Wake, Robby Anderson to name a handful.
Robby Anderson? Hey! He's from Baylor... or Temple... the same schools that Matt Rhule coached at... who's now a Carolina Panther... and Rhule's the head coach! What a coincidence!:ROFLMAO:

Robby Anderson? Hey! He's from Baylor... or Temple... the same schools that Matt Rhule coached at... who's now a Carolina Panther... and Rhule's the head coach! What a coincidence!:ROFLMAO:

Funny how things come around, haha! Has had good production for an undrafted player.

Funny how things come around, haha! Has had good production for an undrafted player.
I think it may be a good idea... he was in free agency and could have gone anywhere but chose to play for Matt Rhule again. I think there's something there that isn't being said... that maybe Rhule is a good coach... especially if players want to play for him after being elsewhere.

I think it may be a good idea... he was in free agency and could have gone anywhere but chose to play for Matt Rhule again. I think there's something there that isn't being said... that maybe Rhule is a good coach... especially if players want to play for him after being elsewhere.

Carolina must have had a lot of faith in him. He originally said he was staying at Baylor then Carolina gives him a 7 year $62 million deal. 😮 They must trust him to galvanize a locker room. I have seen some predictions out there saying Carolina won't be great this year.

Back