2020 NFL Draft Thread

Draft day is exciting with rumors flying Browns might have Trent Williams deal in place!!! Veteran OL to protect BAKER!
For like 2-3 yrs. TW is football old . Draft a youngster and go with it.
A draftee cannot be any worse than last years Tackles.

For like 2-3 yrs. TW is football old . Draft a youngster and go with it.
A draftee cannot be any worse than last years Tackles.
The draft of OL seems like diamonds amongst a sea of worthlessness... We had so much luck with Thomas, Mack and Schwartz and since then abheft garbage bag full of talentless big boys

The draft of OL seems like diamonds amongst a sea of worthlessness... We had so much luck with Thomas, Mack and Schwartz and since then abheft garbage bag full of talentless big boys
Chargers have struck out on every OL they drafted for the past 10 years. The class looks good this year but history has me hesitant

Chargers have struck out on every OL they drafted for the past 10 years. The class looks good this year but history has me hesitant
I am honestly not against taking another OL this year based on talent. Seems Berry is a BPA type guy soo we will see... Any chance Okaduh or Simmons falls to 10? possibly 3 QBs and OLs make me hold on to that slim chance, but not optimistic.

I am honestly not against taking another OL this year based on talent. Seems Berry is a BPA type guy soo we will see... Any chance Okaduh or Simmons falls to 10? possibly 3 QBs and OLs make me hold on to that slim chance, but not optimistic.
3 QBs, Chase Young, Okudah/simmons and 4 OL, I feel like there’s a chance! I could also see someone get antsy and trade/take a WR which helps the odds

I think this is going to be a big indicator for the TV networks tonight. Given we are all on quarantine if the viewership is down that could signal that having no sports has started to dull overall interest in sports and the leagues might have a lot of work to do to get us to watch. On the other hand if the viewership is really strong it may signal to them that there is a lot of spent up demand and they will be fine coming out of this.

I kind of think the former may be more true as sports talk amongst my buddies has basically died and there doesn't seem to be near as much interest in this draft as last years. I am also in Bengals country with many Bengals fans among friends so this should be a big deal.

I think this is going to be a big indicator for the TV networks tonight. Given we are all on quarantine if the viewership is down that could signal that having no sports has started to dull overall interest in sports and the leagues might have a lot of work to do to get us to watch. On the other hand if the viewership is really strong it may signal to them that there is a lot of spent up demand and they will be fine coming out of this.

I kind of think the former may be more true as sports talk amongst my buddies has basically died and there doesn't seem to be near as much interest in this draft as last years. I am also in Bengals country with many Bengals fans among friends so this should be a big deal.

I haven't been following with the same interest this year. Usually, I'm trying to read about all the different mocks and trying to speculate who is going to be selected. I think it's a reflection of the fact that there are no live sports currently. This has diminished greatly the amount of time that I spending reading or watching these days. I'm finding myself not listening to sports radio or watching Sportscenter or visiting any of the sports websites on a daily basis.

That said, I'll watch the draft tonight.

Oh I can’t wait to watch the Lions botch this 3rd pick. Most everyone wants a trade down for more pics but I don’t see it happening.
As a fellow resident of the area, can we both agree that Quinn is a boob? I'm a fan of both the team at 3 and team at 5. But i think Miami would be fleecing Detroit if they could go 18/26/39 and next years first or second for this years 3 and keep 5. I genuinely have no faith that Quinn could draft effective players at those spots even with as deep at OL/WR as this draft is.

If the ratings are through the roof tonight I bet Dana White tries to hold fights on the moon.

Hoping the 49ers get CeeDee Lamb. Lots of good WRs in the first round, but as an OU fan I'd like to see him go to a team I like.

This where I’m at too. I want the niners get him or one of the Alabama WR or cj Henderson. Or if one of the tackles falls. Or trade back and accumulate more picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the ratings are through the roof tonight I bet Dana White tries to hold fights on the moon.

I'm pretty pissed off that Disney was too afraid to move forward with his Mortal Kombat island idea haha.

AFCD9F56-77D2-43DD-A57D-9A80DA393DA0.jpeg

This where I’m at too. I want the niners get him or one of the Alabama WR or cj Henderson. Or if one of the tackles falls. Or trade back and accumulate more picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CeeDee would be a perfect fit in that offense to compliment Kittle and Deebo

As a fellow resident of the area, can we both agree that Quinn is a boob? I'm a fan of both the team at 3 and team at 5. But i think Miami would be fleecing Detroit if they could go 18/26/39 and next years first or second for this years 3 and keep 5. I genuinely have no faith that Quinn could draft effective players at those spots even with as deep at OL/WR as this draft is.
Uh YEAH! Isiah Simmons is the only possible option I'd be happy with at 3 other than Chase Young. I'd still prefer we drop down and acquire more picks but you're right about having no confidence in him or Patricia

Uh YEAH! Isiah Simmons is the only possible option I'd be happy with at 3 other than Chase Young. I'd still prefer we drop down and acquire more picks but you're right about having no confidence in him or Patricia
I looooove Simmons, but the same thing applies to his development. I don't believe in them.

I looooove Simmons, but the same thing applies to his development. I don't believe in them.
Agreed but he's a plug and play guy right now which is what we need. I'd much rather have him then Okudah

Follow up, would you rather have 5 and 39 or the other option of 18/26/39 and something next year?

I'd rather have 5/39 we need playmakers
5 - Simmons
35 - Ruiz/Insert OL here
39 - Dobbins/Taylor/any running back.

Follow up, would you rather have 5 and 39 or the other option of 18/26/39 and something next year?
You don't want Okudah? It defintely sounds like the Lions pick will be traded tho, to who, who knows.

Dallas could use him but I doubt they are one of the teams interested in the Lions pick.

You don't want Okudah? It defintely sounds like the Lions pick will be traded tho, to who, who knows.
Okudah is a fine player, but I don't want a CB at 3. I'm on the replace Stafford train. Not because I don't like the guy, I do, but because his back is Tony Romo-esque at this point and there is no contingency plan. Now, say we could trade down to 8 with the Jags, get Yannick to sign an extension and Okudah is there at 8, I'd be down with that.

Dallas could use him but I doubt they are one of the teams interested in the Lions pick.
With that said, if my choice is that I HAVE to pick at 3 and it's either Brown or Okudah, gimme Okudah. Brown isnt an Aaron Donald/Suh/McCoy style guy. Not worth that high of a pick.

Okudah is a fine player, but I don't want a CB at 3. I'm on the replace Stafford train. Not because I don't like the guy, I do, but because his back is Tony Romo-esque at this point and there is no contingency plan. Now, say we could trade down to 8 with the Jags, get Yannick to sign an extension and Okudah is there at 8, I'd be down with that.

EXACTLY this at 8 I'd be ok but taking a CB at 3 is not a recipe for success with so many needs to fill. A CB does not instantly transform a defense that needs tons of help but an Urlacher type guy is a difference maker.

EXACTLY this at 8 I'd be ok but taking a CB at 3 is not a recipe for success with so many needs to fill. A CB does not instantly transform a defense that needs tons of help but an Urlacher type guy is a difference maker.
All about positional value. Looking at the needs of other teams, the Lions are the sole reason Okudah or Brown goes that high. If Miami truly trades up to get a tackle like Wirfs, then NYG could draft Simmons, they've got holes on the defense that put them in a spot to utilize a guy like that. Or they could go tackle as well.

I must admit, I have no idea exactly what Detroit needs. I know Dallas needs CB's & DB's badly and Okudah is a name that keeps coming up but he won't last til 17th.

Back