On the Eagle front, absolutely we/me are some of the most demanding fans in the league and never happy/satisfied unless we are talking Super Bowl. Which is difficult since you know we only won the thing once ever.

To me, and I think a good deal of fans here in Philly, Peterson is a good head coach but always has been a poor offensive coordinator. The two best years of Wentz (rookie and Super Bowl) were when he had Frank Reich as their offensive coordinator. Many of us believe the offense ran much more unique and creative under him.

When I see Wentz, I see such a disparity of play. In a single game he can look like garbage and at the end throw absolute dimes, like the TD to Scott, to win games. He doesn’t focus in on one receiver as many think if you watch the all 22 film of him. However, he clearly will not give up on any play and take the easy yards. He does watch to see if a player will get open WAY too long.

Wentz is such an enigma. He drives fans crazy.

In the end, the biggest problem that is never spoken about on a forum like this is Howie Roseman and their poor drafting. The Eagles have had absolutely no success in the draft for years. They have hit on less players then most teams and it has cost them to go from a really good team to a below average team. The only reason the Eagles are in contention to win each year is because of Wentz. Which I know many here probably disagree with.

Philly fans are the best. All over my Twitter I see these from fans. You think we were going to the Super Bowl. Just have to laugh.

This was my exact statement last night. I won’t stay up for them again this year - lesson learned
Back to back prime time games for the New York Football Giants with Brady and the Bucs coming to town next Monday, I hope my wife is as sensible as you are!

I figured, before the season, that the cowboys and eagles would fight for the division going 9-7....with the other going 8-8. The team that I am surprised with is the giants. I thought they had a shot at 500. I thought Daniel Jones would take a step forward. He has tons of weapons (yes they lost barkley and that sucks), engram, Slayton, tate and shepherd.

I think Jones gets 1 more year to prove he can be a franchise guy

I figured, before the season, that the cowboys and eagles would fight for the division going 9-7....with the other going 8-8. The team that I am surprised with is the giants. I thought they had a shot at 500. I thought Daniel Jones would take a step forward. He has tons of weapons (yes they lost barkley and that sucks), engram, Slayton, tate and shepherd.

I don’t know if Jones gets one more year. Depending on record, the Giants should have a chance to draft a top QB prospect in the upcoming draft. With a totally new coaching staff that didn’t draft Jones they may want to get their QB in place. I wouldn’t be surprised we see the Giants trade Jones in the offseason to a middling team that thinks they can get the most out of Jones.

Back to back prime time games for the New York Football Giants with Brady and the Bucs coming to town next Monday, I hope my wife is as sensible as you are!
Giants in prime time 3 weeks in a row reveals a sad state of football.

Giants in prime time 3 weeks in a row reveals a sad state of football.

Agreed, tough for NFL to predict they would lose their only box office player at beginning of year

Agreed, tough for NFL to predict they would lose their only box office player at beginning of year
The problematic language in your sentence is “only” :oops:. Most teams don’t have only one household name.

The problematic language in your sentence is “only” :oops:. Most teams don’t have only one household name.

they thought engram would be a big name when drafting him, unfortunately he’s been trash his entire career.

The Giants should be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Unless Gettleman, the GM who drafted him, goes, and he probably should, Jones will stay. He should stay at least until they have to decide to pick up his option or not. Jones is not the reason why the Giants are not a good football team. Despite being turnover prone, he has shown flashes of promise and if his TE made a catch he should have, he would have led his team to victory last night.

The wide receivers are fine, Engram will likely not be with the team next season. He has to catch that pass late in the game last night. The offensive line is very bad. Andrew Thomas, the left tackle, who was the first OL taken in last year's draft at No. 4 is clearly not ready to play in the NFL.

they thought engram would be a big name when drafting him, unfortunately he’s been trash his entire career.
Yup - I’ve watched him drop balls for years so I can only agree. He is fine for the position in the NFL but a disappointment ultimately.

McCarthy has a backup QB, an entire OL madeup of practice squad players, an RB who only excelled behind an all-pro OL and now looks mediocre, and a historically bad defense. The only thing he does have is one of the best WR groups in the league. That team is as much a personnel/injury problem as Philly. I think both teams have concerns with the talent on the field and the guys calling the plays.

so it’s not coaching, it’s the players?

Desean Jackson heading to IR.
Karma is a b*tch.

Emmanuel Sanders is now on Reserve Covid list.
No Michael Thomas still at practice.

GD. Michael Thomas has been killing me this season.

GD. Michael Thomas has been killing me this season.

I have Thomas, Godwin, and Nick Chubb as 3 of my top 4 picks in FF this year, lol.

I just think Brown going to teams like Seattle or the Bucs doesn’t make much sense since both teams are already stacked at WR. You are going to make someone unhappy since there are not enough balls to go around. Brown is going to want to be in the spotlight.

Are the Bucs the NFL version of a team just trying to buy a Super Bowl?

And it’s official. AB to the Bucs on a one year deal....good luck

Back