2020 The Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra PUMA Golf Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I mean.... I don't mean to throw a wrench in anyone's plans here but just so you all know, there is a regional airport in St. George that Delta, United, and American flies out of to either SLC, Denver, or Phoenix. May open up some options for those wanting to play Sand Hollow or Wolf Creek on Monday.

I mean.... I don't mean to throw a wrench in anyone's plans here but just so you all know, there is a regional airport in St. George that Delta, United, and American flies out of to either SLC, Denver, or Phoenix. May open up some options for those wanting to play Sand Hollow or Wolf Creek on Monday.
Also, St. George is a small town that has some Marriotts and other hotels in the area. I'm still up in the air about whether I'm going to fly from SLC to Vegas or if I'm just going to drive down. If I drive, I would probably leave Sunday and stop in St. George for the night.

Also, St. George is a small town that has some Marriotts and other hotels in the area. I'm still up in the air about whether I'm going to fly from SLC to Vegas or if I'm just going to drive down. If I drive, I would probably leave Sunday and stop in St. George for the night.
Boy, Delta's schedules aren't friendly for the return out of there. St. George to SLC to a hub to Memphis. I'll have to see if there's another way to skin the cat when we get a batter handle on when the option to one of those courses is.

Thursday Practice Round(s):

@jdtox @Tenputt and I will be playing 36 holes at Paiute on Thursday 10/8, playing the Snow and Wolf Courses. The facility offers a Golfapalooza rate of $235 for both which includes lunch.

Single round rate is:
Snow/Sun prior to 11am $159 11am-2pm $139 post 2pm $89
Wolf prior to 11am $179 11am-2pm $159 post 2pm $99

The course is 35 minute from the airport and 45 minutes from the JW Marriott. It is on an Indian Reservation and off the beaten path and away from the crowds, a great way to spend the day prior to the event.

Post up if you can join.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it.

@OITW That sounds fun, but I can't make Thursday. I am planning on Friday round and possibly a Monday round if anyone else is interested. Paiute is great; I was there for my own bachelor party a long time ago!

@jdtox @Tenputt and I will be playing 36 holes at Paiute on Thursday 10/8, playing the Snow and Mountain Courses. The facility offers a Golfapalooza rate of $235 for both which includes lunch.

Single round rate is:

The course is 35 minute from the airport and 45 minutes from the JW Marriott. It is on an Indian Reservation and off the beaten path and away from the crowds, a great way to spend the day prior to the event.

Post up if you can join.
Oh Man! Heavy ponder mode engaged to join in on this. Will see if I can make it work to get in early Thursday morning and immediately get going on the many rounds of golf we will enjoy for the week. :cool:

Think about Friday practice round and let me know who wants to play TPC Vegas. I will call on Monday and try to reserve some tee times. I looked online today and they have spots open
FEA389EF-542C-4C1F-8BAD-C95F0CD26955.png

I'm willing and able for Fri morning

36 on thursday might make my tank run a little empty by the weekend.

With another round Friday, that's 108 holes in 4 days. That's a lot of golf even for you young whippersnappers.

@OITW That sounds fun, but I can't make Thursday. I am planning on Friday round and possibly a Monday round if anyone else is interested. Paiute is great; I was there for my own bachelor party a long time ago!
I hope you made it to your own bachelor party.
Oh Man! Heavy ponder mode engaged to join in on this. Will see if I can make it work to get in early Thursday morning and immediately get going on the many rounds of golf we will enjoy for the week. :cool:
See below
36 on thursday might make my tank run a little empty by the weekend.

If you guys can only make one round, we can try and coordinate the later round to accommodate travel - sun does set at 6:15 in Oct in Vegas (please hold your after sunset Vegas jokes for another thread lol)
Think about Friday practice round and let me know who wants to play TPC Vegas. I will call on Monday and try to reserve some tee times. I looked online today and they have spots open
View attachment 8956439
Still on East Coast time I need earlier than 10am haha
With another round Friday, that's 108 holes in 4 days. That's a lot of golf even for you young whippersnappers.
Vegas in Oct is a nice mid 80s heat not bad at all

I hope you made it to your own bachelor party.

See below

If you guys can only make one round, we can try and coordinate the later round to accommodate travel - sun does set at 6:15 in Oct in Vegas (please hold your after sunset Vegas jokes for another thread lol)

Still on East Coast time I need earlier than 10am haha

Vegas in Oct is a nice mid 80s heat not bad at all
Some of us aren’t getting in until Friday and can’t make it to the course until 10-11. But we can definitely make different tee times for those that want to play earlier or later.

Last edited:
View attachment 8956439
I'd love to play Friday morning but he earliest I can get there is 9:35AM and that doesn't include waiting for my bags.

@jdtox @Tenputt and I will be playing 36 holes at Paiute on Thursday 10/8, playing the Snow and Mountain Courses. The facility offers a Golfapalooza rate of $235 for both which includes lunch.

Single round rate is:

Post up if you can join.

It is going to be windy and why aren’t you playing the Wolf course?

Wait, how can you predict “windy” already?
I have heard that about Paiute, but only played there once 20 years ago. But it must be a common enough assumption to be mentioned in their FAQ:
38D9B4E3-5AFF-40BC-8391-F24CC5A9CAF1.png

I really need to stop living vicariously by reading this thread :LOL:

I really need to stop living vicariously by reading this thread :LOL:

I have to stop following this thread. It's painful to think what might have been. :cry:

@OITW

I believe you own the OP. I'm Arriving 9:15 Thur, and depart 3:30 Monday. I'll figure out hotel and rental car later but likely Hilton.

For Extra rounds I'm down for 1 each Thurs, Fri, and Monday but all TBD at this point. Might try to meet yall for your afternoon round at paiute.

Popping away with the wife for a much deserved long weekend, will be spotty on my THPing until Monday

1st post is up to date based on postings

Back