2020 The Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra PUMA Golf Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Popping away with the wife for a much deserved long weekend, will be spotty on my THPing until Monday

1st post is up to date based on postings
You rock Captain! enjoy the weekend!

Popping away with the wife for a much deserved long weekend, will be spotty on my THPing until Monday

1st post is up to date based on postings
Jose said to count him and Yagley in on the Friday practice round. He didn’t think they would be there to play Thursday.

Thursday Practice Round(s):

@jdtox @Tenputt and I will be playing 36 holes at Paiute on Thursday 10/8, playing the Snow and Wolf Courses. The facility offers a Golfapalooza rate of $235 for both which includes lunch.

Single round rate is:
Snow/Sun prior to 11am $159 11am-2pm $139 post 2pm $89
Wolf prior to 11am $179 11am-2pm $159 post 2pm $99

The course is 35 minute from the airport and 45 minutes from the JW Marriott. It is on an Indian Reservation and off the beaten path and away from the crowds, a great way to spend the day prior to the event.

Post up if you can join.

Seems like you got these times backwards, since the JW is between the airport and the course. :cool:

Probably not. Its a 2+ hour drive from Las Vegas, and its in an earlier time zone to boot. An hour to land, get your bags, and get a car (rental is off-site but close to the airport), then 2 hours straight to the course, minus an hour for time change, means you wouldn't get to the course until 3 p.m. at the very earliest. This in October, so the days will be shorter, of course.

Why do you make so much sense?

Just booked flights. In on Thursday morning and out on Tuesday morning.

Will be in on the Friday practice round and can do a possible Monday round as well.

Looking at flights right now. Looking like arriving late Wed night, leaving late monday so I'll be in for a round Monday morning. Its golfapallooza!

Flights booked. In Wed night, out Monday at noon. Can always change if I decide to stay and play on Monday. Had to use those airline credits and price dropped significantly on SW today

I hope to be there Thursday night. Maybe we can play earlier on Friday...

I hope to be there Thursday night. Maybe we can play earlier on Friday...
I think most people were planning to play TPC LV friday morning, did anyone get those tee times set up?

I think most people were planning to play TPC LV friday morning, did anyone get those tee times set up?

I said I was going to make times but I haven’t yet. I looked online today, and it shows nothing available, so I will have to call. They may have it closed for a private event now because there are times on Thursday and Saturday?

I think majority wanted a TPC practice round. I will try to call tomorrow.

If not Wolf Creek?
I will call TPC Vegas tomorrow and see what they say. Wolf Creek is pretty far out, so we would need to see who could play earlier.

edited: Jdtox is aware that TPC is not available on Friday. He said that they are working on plans

Last edited:
If not Wolf Creek?
Wolf Creek is going to be to far to make it there and back in time for dinner I believe. I just checked, 3 hour round trip

Last edited:
Wolf Creek is going to be to far to make it there and back in time for dinner I believe. I just checked, 3 hour round trip
yeah, I guess it depends on when dinner is and how early someone wants to wake up.

yeah, I guess it depends on when dinner is and how early someone wants to wake up.
If everyone wants to do their own thing Friday morning thats fine as long as you make it to dinner haha. It is pretty cool when everyone gets together but its not required. I believe dinner is at 5pm but not 100% sure maybe @JB can chime in with that. Its unfortunate TPC isn't available but it is what it is.

I have a phone call/email into Arroyo and @OITW is looking into another option as well

If everyone wants to do their own thing Friday morning thats fine as long as you make it to dinner haha. It is pretty cool when everyone gets together but its not required. I believe dinner is at 5pm but not 100% sure maybe @JB can chime in with that. Its unfortunate TPC isn't available but it is what it is.

I have a phone call/email into Arroyo and @OITW is looking into another option as well

Yes, we will meet at 5pm to begin as there is a lot to do and cover Friday evening.
And yes, we are telling people to shower before dinner.

Do Not be late to dinner.

What is everyone comfortable paying for a Friday practice round? Feel free to send me a pm if you don’t want to post here.

What is everyone comfortable paying for a Friday practice round? Feel free to send me a pm if you don’t want to post here.
I'm open to whatever the group wants to do.

Seemed the group was good with what TPC was going for. I am good with what the group wants to do. 👊

Hey guys, figured I'd post an update here. I've reached out to the Tournament Director at Bear's Best to see if we can get a number of consecutive tee times for that Friday morning. Its a Club Corp course so I believe they'd honor the guest rate of $99, but maybe we can get a bit of a bulk discount (i'll try anyways). This course is pretty close to our JW and I think it would be fun if we can get most of us out together before hand. Maybe even @JB and @GolferGal will join us 🤞.

I'll post an update once I hear back, but start thinking if you're interested so we can get a quick head count if needed. I'm ok with it being open to other local THP'ers but i'm going to defer to the professionals on that one.

I would like to play with the majority group on Friday. I revised my plans and will be available for an early Friday round. Anyone looking at sand hollow on Monday: I tried to book online and it looks like Monday is unavailable.

Chris (KY golfer) booked a foursome Monday 8:30am at Wolf Creek and we can cancel if needed. Anyone want to join us? They had a few other times available if more than 4 people want to play. $210 per person is a stiff penalty to knock “must-play” courses off the list 😳

Last edited:
Back