2021/2022 Soccer Thread

Very good point. He may be a half step slow but makes everyone else on the back line a step faster.
That's my theory at least :p

If a player goes down screaming but there was no call and minimal contact, shouldn’t that be an automatic yellow? Dumb.

SHELVEY!!!!!!!!
1642869448599.gif

If a player goes down screaming but there was no call and minimal contact, shouldn’t that be an automatic yellow? Dumb.
I assume no call means they let the game play on? I don’t think I card it, let the dummy take himself out of the play.

I assume no call means they let the game play on? I don’t think I card it, let the dummy take himself out of the play.
They stopped play :rolleyes: replay showed a poor effort to draw a foul.

Simulation is supposed to a yellow card.
Do they have a definition for simulation? In my mind that’s when they straight up fake it and I guess on the initial, I envision that contact was made but not enough for a foul.

And yes, if they stopped play but no call and no card, seems curious

Do they have a definition for simulation? In my mind that’s when they straight up fake it and I guess on the initial, I envision that contact was made but not enough for a foul.

And yes, if they stopped play but no call and no card, seems curious
Law 12 from the FIFA Laws of the Game

CAUTIONS FOR UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
  • attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)

Newcastle holds on for the win!!!! Wooooooot

Looking at this, 7points is the absolute minimum we should come away with. Canada will be tough but I think a tie is doable. The other two should be W’s imo.

1643080207888.png

Looking at this, 7points is the absolute minimum we should come away with. Canada will be tough but I think a tie is doable. The other two should be W’s imo.

View attachment 9062692
Canada on the road isn’t a must tie in my book, certainly doable but a big ask. Six is the absolute minimum for me.

Canada on the road isn’t a must tie in my book, certainly doable but a big ask. Six is the absolute minimum for me.

i don’t think it’s a must tie, I think it’s doable given how we finished the last round of games. It will be tough no doubt but it can be done

i don’t think it’s a must tie, I think it’s doable given how we finished the last round of games. It will be tough no doubt but it can be done
Fully agree, frankly nine is doable, the talent is there. I guess I won’t think the sky is falling or it’s a failure if they come out with 6.

Canada is without Davies. That’s a huge loss for them.

Fully agree, frankly nine is doable, the talent is there. I guess I won’t think the sky is falling or it’s a failure if they come out with 6.

its tough with Berhalter. Don’t know if he’s going to turn them loose or manage like we are playing against Brasil and playing hunkered down, so frustrating and tough to be optimistic but we have the best offensive potential in a while. The backline scares the hell out of me though

Arsenal makes my head hurt that is all they make me sick :mad:

its tough with Berhalter. Don’t know if he’s going to turn them loose or manage like we are playing against Brasil and playing hunkered down, so frustrating and tough to be optimistic but we have the best offensive potential in a while. The backline scares the hell out of me though
Yep, the whole play for a draw on the road bit is tough. Maybe against the top teams, but to see it against the teams lower in the table I just don’t fully understand. I guess you could say the appoach is working given the table position but that 4th spot is currently awfully close…

Have been looking for the thread for some time! Glad I found it.

I have been supporting Manchester United since 1997. I’m from an army family and my dad was posted at the embassy in London at the time.
Don’t even remember the last time I missed a game!

Who is excited about US soccer tonight? I have to tape it and turn my phone off. If I catch up to live, I will check back here. Wore my luck shirt today to support the boys!
5456D19C-8898-45D1-950A-58320E551756.jpeg

AAAAAAAAHHHHGGGHHHHHH

55EE7418-E6B5-4BB2-B928-73D1DEF75ABF.jpeg

This pitch is going to get somebody hurt.

Back