Back and Biceps today:

4 x 8 Barbell Row
4 x 12 Lat Pull-down
4 x 15 Seated Cable Row
3 x 10 Incline Dumbbell Curl
3 x 12 EZ-Bar Curl
3 x 8 Chin-Ups

Finished up with 30 minutes of LISS

Beast. You’ve been an animal the past couple days. Nice work!

Trying to get back into it after an injury. The mind is fighting it, because I know it’s going to stink for a couple weeks, but mainly on how much strength I’ve lost in 8 weeks. I’ve lost about 20# more during that time but it’s just been muscle mass, but it’s defeating starting at 6-12 months ago a workout weight again too. No way to go but forward.

Lady friend reminded me of my goals last night (she doesn’t care if I’m thin, hulked out, or pudgy, 😏 but I’m going to take the hint that was thrown in to mean she’d like to see a little more muscle back on me). I need to anyways.

Beast. You’ve been an animal the past couple days. Nice work!

Trying to get back into it after an injury. The mind is fighting it, because I know it’s going to stink for a couple weeks, but mainly on how much strength I’ve lost in 8 weeks. I’ve lost about 20# more during that time but it’s just been muscle mass, but it’s defeating starting at 6-12 months ago a workout weight again too. No way to go but forward.

Lady friend reminded me of my goals last night (she doesn’t care if I’m thin, hulked out, or pudgy, 😏 but I’m going to take the hint that was thrown in to mean she’d like to see a little more muscle back on me). I need to anyways.

I have been doing this for the past 3-4 months, I just usually forget to post :ROFLMAO:

I hear ya on that post, for me, my wife is happy as long as I am happy, but right now, I am not happy. Really want to focus this winter on leaning out, but trying to recomp a little. I know burning fat and building muscle is really difficult to do, but I am going to keep eating clean and hitting the weights as hard as I can.

Dynamic effort bench press day.

Press 175, 6x4
Bench Press 215, 10x3
Dips, 3x AMRAP
Neutral Grip Lat Putdown 3xAMRAP

Had a good dynamic effort session yesterday. Squats 315, 10x2. Deadlifts 385, 10x1. Then 12 minutes on the treadmill on the highest incline.

Easy day of squats and bench to ease back into it.

I'm finally tending in the right direction with my weight. It's taken much longer than I want to admit but my willpower has not been good

I'm finally tending in the right direction with my weight. It's taken much longer than I want to admit but my willpower has not been good

Hang in there man, it’s a lifelong journey. It gets easier!

Holy hell Max Effort Day was tough today. Started with some Good Mornings to pins, worked up to 355 for a triple. Them beltless high bar squats and worked up to a hard triple. Then 3x8 RDLs. Finished with a good 20 minute minute on the treadmill at the highest incline.

First good upper body workout since injury 8 weeks ago on Sunday night. Thought I went pretty hard, did last sets to fail. Was expecting to be a lot more sore Monday, was kind of disappointed that I wasn’t. I thought I didn’t work out hard enough.

Tuesday has told me that I did indeed work hard enough and even though I’ve lost a lot of strength (and 20-25# of upper body muscle) in the last 8 weeks, I haven’t lost a lot of the muscle conditioning. A good hard workout leaves me slightly tired muscle feeling day one post, and slightly sore day 2. When I first started out again, those first couple workouts, I couldn’t bend my arms on day 2, 🤣. So I at least don’t have to start over that far back. But man, you can lose a TON of strength in 8 weeks.

Woke up at the alarm and didn't want to get out of bed. Got up anyway and dragged myself to workout.

Squats and overhead press today.

5 weeks to Bandon Dunes. Got to keep the training up.

3 days this week, now that Wednesday night league is done, and the early wakeup isn't as bad...

Just some squats and bench press today.

Still holding strong and my clothes are starting to fit a little looser. Will power has been better recently

Dynamic effort lower body today. Squats were 340, 8x2. Deadlift 410, 8x1. Ran out of time, but got the core work done. Moving on.

Sets of squats, and some deadlifts. I missed deadlifts.

Another good week of dumbbell workouts and daily yoga. Trying to get out and walk more as well.

Another good week of dumbbell workouts and daily yoga. Trying to get out and walk more as well.

How much weight are you down now and/or have you leveled off? Has it helped your golf game tremendously? I haven’t played enough but so far I’m going to say I was a better golfer when I had “The Walrus” body shape going on. I feel so uncomfortable over the ball anymore, I know I just need to put the work in on it just haven’t had time this year. At all.

How much weight are you down now and/or have you leveled off? Has it helped your golf game tremendously? I haven’t played enough but so far I’m going to say I was a better golfer when I had “The Walrus” body shape going on. I feel so uncomfortable over the ball anymore, I know I just need to put the work in on it just haven’t had time this year. At all.
For me I was only about 10 pounds over where I typically am, so I'm back down there now and holding, which is good. It now just about gaining some strength, but also flexibility. Sitting for most of my 8 hour work day had begun to take its toll, mainly in my back and shoulders. So I started yoga and now I'm not as stiff after work, and I just feel better overall. As a bonus, it has helped my range of motion while golfing.

For me I was only about 10 pounds over where I typically am, so I'm back down there now and holding, which is good. It now just about gaining some strength, but also flexibility. Sitting for most of my 8 hour work day had begun to take its toll, mainly in my back and shoulders. So I started yoga and now I'm not as stiff after work, and I just feel better overall. As a bonus, it has helped my range of motion while golfing.

I don’t know why I always get you mixed up with @gmiller598 -I think he’s had an incredible weight loss journey this year. Sorry man, we’ll have to get a round in someday so I can quit mixing you up, 😂. That or I’ll have to play with him? 😂.

I do BJJ for much the same reasons as Yoga, to stay flexible. When I’ve lifted heavy in the past I lost a ton of flexibility as strength increased. By practicing BJJ I’ve increased both. I spend about 4 hours a week on that, 1 in an MMA gym in an open mat format-that’s fun, 🤣 I hold my own mostly because I’m stronger (and/or younger) but I’m training with a bunch of 3rd-6th degree black belts so it’s entirely possible that I can get pummeled for the entire hour sometimes too - 2 hours teaching it, and 1-2 just solo rolling and working on technique so that I can teach that technique the next time.

At any rate I still can’t swing a golf club but I have lost weight, gained strength, and gained flexibility. At some point I should in theory be able to golf again? 😂

Day three in a row for a good twenty minute yoga session. The backside and hips are feeling great. I forget how good it feels to keep your mobility up.

Bench press with bands to a hard single, no idea how much it weighed, but it was hard. Did a back off set at -90% for 3 reps. Volume press work. Wide grip cable rows to finish.

I have no idea if I want to do chest tonight, or take a rest day and do it tomorrow.

I pondered the elliptical for an hour, but my legs are sore from leg day and that also just sounds awful.

I have no idea if I want to do chest tonight, or take a rest day and do it tomorrow.

I pondered the elliptical for an hour, but my legs are sore from leg day and that also just sounds awful.

That’s where I’m at now. I had a routine. I only have about 20 hours of “not-work” that I am awake a week right now. Most late at night. I better be motivated at the right time or it’s not happening.

That’s where I’m at now. I had a routine. I only have about 20 hours of “not-work” that I am awake a week right now. Most late at night. I better be motivated at the right time or it’s not happening.

I voted for rest day and then just get after it tomorrow, that seemed like the smarter play. There's pushing yourself when you're lazy, and that's good. Pushing yourself when the rest of you is pretty beat up is just asking for injury or just an overall trash workout.

Why do I hate running so much!! 🤣

I'm happy with my Max Effort day. Did something new and novel. Banded cambered bar box squats, worked up to 405+70lbs of band tension for a single. Then continued the novelty with cambered bar goodmorning to squats, 175x5x5. Finished with Romanian Deadlifts 285x8x3. I'm feeling an urge to buy a flame beanie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back