Tour Event 2021 Farmers Insurance Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Torrey Pines in CA, last year's winner was Marc Leishman.

This is a fun one to watch. Having played it, it's always cool to see the spots the pros end up and how they escape the brutal rough us mere mortals would only hope to escape.

Hoping we see Rahm play this week because he has some good memories here after his win a few years ago. Selfishly I hope Rickie can find some form for his sponsor.

This is a fun one to watch. Having played it, it's always cool to see the spots the pros end up and how they escape the brutal rough us mere mortals would only hope to escape.

Hoping we see Rahm play this week because he has some good memories here after his win a few years ago. Selfishly I hope Rickie can find some form for his sponsor.
totally agree!! I played it last year the week before the Farmer's and was blown away how high and thick the rough got. Ive played both Torrey courses 3x and that week before the Farmers was brutal for me. I hit lots of good drives literally 1 - 2 yards off the fairway and couldn't find the ball!

I can only imagine how it'll be for the open this year. Im playing it again this April

Pretty good field as always. Rahm, Rory, Brooks, Xander the biggest names at the top.

To me this always seems like the start of the regular season.

One of my favorite tour stops

it’s a tough course and scoring is hard - going to be interesting to see who wins this year

This is always a fun one to watch, I think with the familiarity of the golf course it just makes it easier to watch

Always love watching Torrey, probably since I've played it. This tournament seems to offer up great finishes more often than not as well.

To me this always seems like the start of the regular season.

The real beginning of the West Coast Swing after Hawaii and the birdie fest in the American Express. Great course brings out a better field for this one.

Keeping an eye on that Spieth character in this one. Coming off a pretty good break and all the hoopla on the Butch visit. Let's see if anything changes.

This is always a fun tour event to watch. I am hoping we see some real drama! I wish we had more of the west coast prime time events though

Keeping an eye on that Spieth character in this one. Coming off a pretty good break and all the hoopla on the Butch visit. Let's see if anything changes.

let's keep that to ourselves. We don't have any room on the bus for extra fans.

Right down the road from me! Bummed we can't go in person but can't wait to see how the pros navigate the course I have been playing all year.

totally agree!! I played it last year the week before the Farmer's and was blown away how high and thick the rough got. Ive played both Torrey courses 3x and that week before the Farmers was brutal for me. I hit lots of good drives literally 1 - 2 yards off the fairway and couldn't find the ball!

I can only imagine how it'll be for the open this year. Im playing it again this April
We played there last month and the rough was up in prep for the farmers and had the same problem. Lost a bunch of balls just off the fairway when we knew the general area. Each time we would find several other random balls.

We play there a lot and it was crazy how much more difficult it was with thick rough. The greens are always fast there but they were like lightning and the pin locations were brutal. If that was a month out I can't imagine how hard it will play this weekend.

I'm fortunate to volunteer as a Marshall for this tournament. This will be my 5th year on hole 2 North. It will be interesting this year without fans. Looks like Wednesday and Thursday we will have decent weather. Friday looks like rain all day. Looking forward to being inside the ropes with these great players.

The Farmers is always a fun watch, looking forward to it. IIRC, I saw Leishman listed as the betting favorite - hard to believe with such a strong field there.

The Farmers is always a fun watch, looking forward to it. IIRC, I saw Leishman listed as the betting favorite - hard to believe with such a strong field there.

He’s 41/1. Not even close to the favorite. Rahm 7/1, Rory 9/1 etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fortunate to volunteer as a Marshall for this tournament. This will be my 5th year on hole 2 North. It will be interesting this year without fans. Looks like Wednesday and Thursday we will have decent weather. Friday looks like rain all day. Looking forward to being inside the ropes with these great players.
I have lost a few snap hooks into the bushes off #2! It's also one of the only holes I have birdied there. Really excited to see how the pros approach that stretch of 2-3-4 on the north course.

How did you get that gig? I'm bummed there's no fans this year, was looking forward to my first live PGA event.

We played there last month and the rough was up in prep for the farmers and had the same problem. Lost a bunch of balls just off the fairway when we knew the general area. Each time we would find several other random balls.

We play there a lot and it was crazy how much more difficult it was with thick rough. The greens are always fast there but they were like lightning and the pin locations were brutal. If that was a month out I can't imagine how hard it will play this weekend.
Yea it was crazy. It was enjoyable to say I played the same setup, but I wouldn't do it again. The whole round my group, along with pretty much everyone else on the course, constantly walked in circles with our hands up like "Where the F is my ball?" lol

I swear id watch exactly where my ball went and when I got there I could not find it. Lost 8 that day without hitting any hazards

Yea im trying to wrap my head around how hard the Farmer's plays, and the US Open is supposed to be even harder?!

sure hope he can return to the top!

Picking Woodland this week, long hitters usually have the most success here

Love a good Torrey Pines view! I will be watching closer than normal as I am supposed to go play there later this year...

Hoping for a good result from JDay with his new multi brand bag setup. He’s on my fantasy “block” list and here’s his chance to make me reconsider.

Back