Tour Event 2021 Farmers Insurance Open

This is a fun one to watch. Having played it, it's always cool to see the spots the pros end up and how they escape the brutal rough us mere mortals would only hope to escape.

Hoping we see Rahm play this week because he has some good memories here after his win a few years ago. Selfishly I hope Rickie can find some form for his sponsor.

I played north some time back three weeks prior to the tournament. The rough was so high then you could lose a ball 2’ off the fairway

A new era begins at CBS this week.

Primary among the new features slated for introduction during CBS’ broadcasts is a golf version of score bug, the ever-present scoring feature that networks display during coverage of other sports. It will appear “unobtrusively” during CBS coverage as a “constant mini leader board” placed in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. New music also has been composed for the broadcasts, the first change in decades. Furthermore, in coordination with the PGA Tour, the network will have access to a full-time rules official to help explain important or unusual rulings.

And, apparently, there’s more, as Shy promises a “re-energizing” of the coverage that “in the first hour you may see three, four, maybe even five new looks.”

Noted anchor Jim Nantz: “CBS golf is going to look different to viewers in 2021.”

So if they have a mini leader board always up, does not mean less time cut away from golf?? I am not sure any of these changes based on this will really amount to much.

They need to have some one always asking the question. "will this change result in more shots being aired""? If the answer is no, then move on.

So if they have a mini leader board always up, does not mean less time cut away from golf?? I am not sure any of these changes based on this will really amount to much.

They need to have some one always asking the question. "will this change result in more shots being aired""? If the answer is no, then move on.
I am excited about another rules official getting airtime. :rolleyes:

Yea it was crazy. It was enjoyable to say I played the same setup, but I wouldn't do it again. The whole round my group, along with pretty much everyone else on the course, constantly walked in circles with our hands up like "Where the F is my ball?" lol

I swear id watch exactly where my ball went and when I got there I could not find it. Lost 8 that day without hitting any hazards

Yea im trying to wrap my head around how hard the Farmer's plays, and the US Open is supposed to be even harder?!
One of the biggest differences between our game and the Pros' game (especially on courses like that) - they have forecaddies and TV cameras. It's rare for them to lose a ball in the rough like that, where it's very common for us mortals.

should be a good follow, lets just hope Speith can put 4 rounds together

now just give us more meaningful golf shot coverage and I’ll be happy. It’s amazing how the Euro tour gets actual golf coverage so right and the PGA tour doesn’t

now just give us more meaningful golf shot coverage and I’ll be happy. It’s amazing how the Euro tour gets actual golf coverage so right and the PGA tour doesn’t
And now, Jimmy Roberts with some 8 minute fluff piece about the guy on the Euro Tour who decided to show more golf.

DraftKings lineup this week:

Xander $10400
Adam Scott $8300
Will Zalatoris $8100
Rickie Fowler $8000
Corey Conners $7700
John Huh $7000

Jason Day has reworked his bag in a big way. The life of a non contracted Pro is glorious. That putter change is huge IMO..

Driver: Ping G425 LST (9 degrees @8.5)
Shaft: TPT 14 LO 5

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM Max
Shafts: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 80 TX

Irons: Mizuno MP-20 HMB (3,4) Mizuno JPX Tour (5-PW)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: Artisan Prototype (50, 54, 60)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

I am looking forward to some new camera angles, music etc. Should be fun to see the new stuff, especially at a beautiful place like Torrey.

getting some pga live in right now...but may bail to go play 9 before the rain comes back

Did Spieth go to relieve himself while waiting for Mickelson to tee off on 11?

Rickie has started out really well today. Just missed a birdie on the second hole (11th for him) but is at -1.

Rickie has started out really well today. Just missed a birdie on the second hole (11th for him) but is at -1.
Seems weird to watch him with graphite in irons and a mallet putter, but I'm here wishing I had popcorn haha

Annndddd, he's looking at the hole again on the short putts. Well, well.

Did Spieth go to relieve himself while waiting for Mickelson to tee off on 11?

OMG ! I was thinking the same ting when they were showing Phil, "I wonder if anyone else is thinking Speith is pissing off a cliff"?

Last edited:
The North course is the harder of the two correct? I know the south is the more famous but if I remember correctly the north although shorter is more challenging.

The North course is the harder of the two correct? I know the south is the more famous but if I remember correctly the north although shorter is more challenging.
The south is the more difficult of the two. Tougher greens and less forgiving tee shots.

As an 18 HC I can hang on the north but got eaten alive by the south course.

Back