EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Question for current participants and hopefuls.

With the announcement of the new super hybrid, and being mindful of the challenges of new to you equipment, what club do you expect to be using off the tee at the hideaway?

are you ripping your newly fitted driver all week?

Strictly irons off the tee?

Fairway woods and the super hybrid? A combo of them all depending on the hole?

One club less the @JasonFinleyCG on every hole just for mental warfare?

Plenty of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?

With the announcement of the new super hybrid, and being mindful of the challenges of new to you equipment, what club do you expect to be using off the tee at the hideaway?

Plenty of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?

The driver has been my best club off the tee this year so if it isn’t super tight, I am hitting the big dawg!

Driver, go big or go home! (I can’t afford to give up that much distance in reality 🤣)

Unless the hole demands otherwise, just like our Cap @MattyD-MPLS I am taking driver and letting it go.

Super hybrid vs driver.

I'll be ripping a driver unless the Caddy tells me to stop spraying it into the neighborhood.

Super hybrid vs driver.

I'll be ripping a driver unless the Caddy tells me to stop spraying it into the neighborhood.
Keep swinging Dennis!

If I can stay in play, driver all day.
Otherwise, it really depends. I’m super anxious to hit the Epic SuperHybrid as I use the previous one off the tee quite a bit.
But who knows, maybe there’s something else in the lineup that is going to be a deep fairway finder!

I had an entire plan of attack in Chicago to put my driver away on certain holes. Once I got there, it was driver on EVERYTHING. With that being my most concerning club right now, I’m banking in the fitting to unlock something. And if it doesn’t because I’m so damn nervous, I got you awesome teammates to calm me down a little and I'll be just fine

Last edited:

I just found my driver again! That said, I’m willing to try anything with tons of forgiveness and high launch off the deck!

I had an entire plan of attack in Chicago to put my driver away on certain holes. Once I got there, it was driver on EVERYTHING. With that being my most concerning club right now, I’m banking in the fitting to unlock something. And if it doesn’t because I’m so damn nervous, I got you awesome teammates to calm me down a little and

Us, drivers, blueberry adult beverages. We’ll be just fine 🤣

I had an entire plan of attack in Chicago to put my driver away on certain holes. Once I got there, it was driver on EVERYTHING. With that being my most concerning club right now, I’m banking in the fitting to unlock something. And if it doesn’t because I’m so damn nervous, I got you awesome teammates to calm me down a little and
The plan was destroyed by #3.

All depends on what is needed. I used to hit my driving iron like a rope… but can’t now - so I’d look to the SH probably at 15 or 16*…. But knowing desert golf you’ll have to play a variety of shots and be aware where the fairways end…

I’d prob want my 3/4 wood to feel super reliable, just in case. That new super hybrid at like 20 degrees would likely be nasty off the tee.

If you’re getting nervous, do this: look around you. Look where you’re at. The houses. The guard house that has a fireplace. The mountains in the background. The fact you’re at a really exclusive private club on a weekday, while the rest of us are quietly swearing at your name in full envy of where you’re at and we’re not. The fact you’ll be fit by some of the best club fitters in the world, and seeing equipment before any of us ever will.

What’s there to be nervous about? Which one of your teammates gets attacked by the ladies of the nest? I mean that, that right there is something to be nervous about. That’s as close to the Hunger Games as any of you will ever get, so I can understand that one.

The golf is just a fun bonus man. Don’t sweat it. Hit a bad shot, who cares? Hit the next one better, laugh off the prior one, go from there.

“Coachella Valley Golf tip”…. Remember where the Salton Sea or Indio is directionally… ball normally breaks in that direction if you’re having a tough time determining what it’s going to do.

Strictly irons
off the tee?

One club less the @JasonFinleyCG on
every hole just for mental warfare?

Plenty
of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?

Yes

Super hybo as super awesome backup.

The driver has been my best club off the tee this year so if it isn’t super tight, I am hitting the big dawg!
Fairways are pretty good size there, so no real reason not to. I can only remember maybe 3 holes where driver wasn't hit by the guys I played with.

@Afizzle2100 It would depend on how I’m hitting driver and what the hole requires. I have the Max LS in the bag now and it’s early on but so far so good. If it’s fairly open I’m probably hitting driver but do like hitting a driving iron off the tee and the Super Hybrid looks fun.

Possibly the final teammate tomorrow? Hoping so!

Back